Spell Pen Question Disc pvp

I was just wondering if disc priest should cap spell pen if they are outlast spec

yes, always cap spellpen as disc. A resisted fear or partial resist on mana burns can determine the outcome of a match.
    Main:
    Alts:

ok i was not sure because I saw Bilian, a very high ranked spirit priest who only has 78 pen and i was just not sure
    Last edited by Miséry; 2010-07-15 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miséry View Post
    ok i was not sure because I saw Bilian, a very high ranked spirit priest who only has 78 pen and i was just not sure
    78 about caps you out against the druid buff, but not shadow prot or shadow resist aura (not that you'll see that up). Pushing to 130 is a worthy goal, and not a difficult one to attain.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Could I just dispell shadow prot and go with 78 spell pen and use the gems on another stat like haste or spirit?

You certainly could, and you'd be gaining other stats, but you still wouldn't be capped until you spent enough GCD's to successfully dispel gift / shadow prot / both off of each enemy target you'd want to feel secure in your ability to land offensive shadow spells / fears. And regardless you'd remain short of cap against mages (120 resist for pvp specced mage in mage armor?) or if a pally were to put up shadow resist aura.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Shadowpriest will want to reach the 130 softcaps, as their games are fast paced and they cannot always afford to spend 10 seconds purge-spamming.

Disc-Priests on the other hand can get by pretty well with around 70-100. As said, Paladins don't really use their Shadowprot Aura much, especially not against Disc-Priests. Shadow-Protection is dispelable and Warlock pets have more resistances then you could penetrate anyway.