Thread: Spriest PvP

Spriest PvP

Just looking for general advice for my gear. I have 27k health, 2700ish spell power, 15% crit, 1.1k Resil and about 580 haste buffed. I am a little worried about my spellpower and crit, they seem a little bit low. Is Abyssal Rune a good trinket? Other than that just know I am planning on upgrading my cape/wrists to wrathful once I get the honor.

Thanks.

Edit: I can't post links yet.... Searsha on Ravenholdt US, sorry about that.

Deleted

Not an expert on spriest pvp, but from what I've read I think crit is inferior to haste, so you shouldn't worry about it too much (have seen some top players without critbonus talents because their crit after resilience was so low).
    The trinket is ok, but I'd rather use battlemaster (sp version)

Not played a SPriest, but I do play an affliction warlock so imagine a lot of the same would apply.
    Crit chance is substantially reduced by resilience, so as a stat it is not what you should be focusing on.
    Yes the abyssal rune for the haste is not a bad choice. The spellpower certainly is not what I would call low so should not be an issue.
    Personally I aim for the haste off-pieces, though some still prefer the crit.
    I just prefer a more reliable dps increase from faster casts which are then less prone to interruption, instead of the chance a crit might happen, which is already reduced substantially.

Some things I want to add:

* level your profs and get ring enchants and the cloack enchant
    * yo should get some spellpen if you want to play more arena (via gems and/or pvp offhand/wand) you can get some socket bonusses if you gem sp/spen (and the occasional sp/haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Some things I want to add:

* level your profs and get ring enchants and the cloack enchant
    * yo should get some spellpen if you want to play more arena (via gems and/or pvp offhand/wand) you can get some socket bonusses if you gem sp/spen (and the occasional sp/haste)
    I should level my professions... I really just love to BG and to duel, not so much arena so I have mostly been ignoring spellpen.

Spriest PvP

Generally we dont go for crit its all about the SP+Haste. As you can see i have over 3k SP and 809 haste. If you can, get into a raiding guild and get Dislodged Foreign Object and the WG 111 Sp trinket. I dont have mine yet but i will lol. Also try to find a good rogue or frost mage for 2's to help you get some relentless or if your daring some Wrathful main pieces. I ran Shadow/Frost till i reached 1924 in 2's. The whole point about this comp is CC and Extreme burst. We general had to wait till 2-3 mins into the battle to kill someone casue we force there healers or whoever to trinket and pop all there CDS. When that happens we sheep there healer pop our CDS and burn there dps. In the chance that sheep doesnt last long enough we use fear. After that i use my silence then my ex-partners silence, then fear again then sheep till we win.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post8327793

i recently made a post, Mews posted in my thread with some EXTREMELY helpful details about Shadow PVP, i recommend you take a look.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my pvp gear I'm 3.1k SP 17% crit 139 spell pen 103 hit almost 27k HP but my haste is only 300ish. I do just fine 1v1 with any class eventhough my haste is far too low for my liking. I would strongly suggest getting spell pen capped (130) because it will help with people who have any sort of shadow resistance (BE's, UD, Draenai, all pallies) that can't be dispelled because you'll see your damage vs them greatly increased and you won't "miss" as much too. I personally use my pve rings and go with pvp trinkets instead of the other way around & I use Nibelung instead of my pve weapons because those Valk can solo somene in pvp since their damage was buffed & the damage they do is holy which has no resistance currently in game.

@ reverendzeus11 Simply joining a raiding guild & "getting DFO" isn't as easy as you saying that. RNG sucks balls and if the thing doesn't drop or there are 10 other casters in your raid that need it then you're SOL on getting it. When I was in my 25 man guild (only left for a primarily 10 man guild to help friends 2 months ago) we saw only 1 drop since the wing was opened in ICC.