Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeypuncher View Post
    As far as flight goes:

You won't be flying over Stratholme as it stands now. Remember one thing though, On the other side of Strath is Ghostlands(a BC zone) that you can only reach by going through a portal. This is unlikely to change, so expect the invisible wall that is there atm on beta, to remain in place.

Blizzard would never get that heavily involved in leveling dungeons as to put mobs on the ground for ppl who fly over. There simply won't be anything there, including most of the instance(Think ZF) Anyone who ever used a sandbox in Tanaris at any point in wow's history knows that from the air, ZF is no more than some pillars going into a wall, and it ends.
    I find it funny you brought up one of the few instances that fully exists in a non-instanced form (viewable via Farsight and such).
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    im not sure how theyre going to deal with it being open topped, and flying mounts. any ideas anyone ?
    You can't. Invisible walls. They can get away with it because it's right next to the border of the Bloodelf Zone, which you can't fly in, and is instanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    I guess there must always be a Rivendare!
    win

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    I like, I like. The Argent Crusade actually intends to retake Stratholme once and for all. They should make a phased version for the city if you finish the quests for the instance, I think.
    This is not the Argent Crusade, this is the Argent Dawn!

Ooops, was looking at the Brotherhood of the Light Tabard. And how the OP had said "After you kill Balnazzar a bunch of Argent Dawn guards roam the halls and such. Overall I was impressed some actual depth and story is being added to these dungeons. I mean they already had it but not as much as now."

Watching a few videos, it looks like The Argent Dawn's name is under everything and around. It'd be nice to have some confirmation as to who it actually is. I'd assume that they are back and everything has settled down it'd be the Argent Dawn, but it might just be an non-updated aesthetic bit on either side. It'd be nice to get confirmation on either.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-07-26 at 03:06 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    im not sure how theyre going to deal with it being open topped, and flying mounts. any ideas anyone ?
    2 words, Invisible Walls

15+ Year Old Account
    IMHO If it is reclaimed fully (please please please!), should go to Alliance, and should be a human city!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Baron Rivendare Says: Aurius, I am your father.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalZohnny View Post
    Its good to see blizzard is not being lazy that place need a revamp i hope they touch up all of them id like to see sunken temple redone after the nightmare is cleaned up
    Sunken Temple is in the process of being redone. Its difficulty is being bumped up to where Scholo and Strat were before Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    This is not the Argent Crusade, this is the Argent Dawn!
    It's the Argent Crusade. Done the instance today and when we kill either Balnazzar or Aurius, the questgivers spawns on those locations and several Argent Crusaders spawn around the instance, fighting the surviving undead.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:06 PM ----------

IMHO If it is reclaimed fully (please please please!), should go to Alliance, and should be a human city!
    Not Alliance, Argent Crusade's capital. It will be the City of the Light.

Finally, more lore.
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes unto the Father, but by me." - Jesus Christ

15+ Year Old Account
    My post about that was a fanboy dream in which we would be able to Reclaim the Human cities which have been fallen and claimed by others, (Move the UD to Northrend build em a capital city up there have them rez all the fallen up there they like), and spread out the Human Kingdom to what it used to be. Reform the Knights of the Silver Hand house them in here, make the city like it used to be. Might never happen but I can always dream! Either way should be a more Prominent Alliance hub heh.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-07-17 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    True, just seems like a bit of a waste to bother with a retcon.

If some in game text suggests a relation then fair enough, I have no problem with my conjecture being wrong. I just find it easier in the lack of such text so far to assume he just took up the name.

Anyway the end result is the same either way, new Rivendare. Awesome.
    It's not any easier to say, "Hey, I took his name as a title." than to say, "Hey, he was my dad/mother/cousin." Being a relation would make more sense.

My post about that was a fanboy dream in which we would be able to Reclaim the Human cities which have been fallen and claimed by others, (Move the UD to Northrend build em a capital city up there have them rez all the fallen up there they like), and spread out the Human Kingdom to what it used to be. Reform the Knights of the Silver Hand house them in here, make the city like it used to be. Never going to happen but I can always dream!
    Moving the Forsaken to Northrend would be my solution as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    wtb more!

I take it that after the original Baron Rivendare encounter in Stratholme where Aurius was wounded, he finally succumbed to the scourge and is now the new boss?

I don't understand why he would have taken the name of Rivendare though...
    From what I gather, Blizzard's explanation for Rivendare surviving Stratholme was that he used a body double. Arius might have taken the runeblade off the body double's corpse to show to the Brotherhood of the Light as proof, and become another body double for the Baron.

Also, this makes me wonder if we might end up with a phased EPL turning into an Argent-run Lordaeron, with players able to explore the cleansed Stratholme while going to the dungeon via the dungeon finder or the maintenance entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    It's not any easier to say, "Hey, I took his name as a title." than to say, "Hey, he was my dad/mother/cousin." Being a relation would make more sense.
    Why?

There is no evidence for either so I'm assuming the least incongruous. And you have misunderstood my point - I'm not saying he took Rivendare's name as a title I am saying Rivendare could be a title rather than a name to begin with.

You must be the third person to claim this makes more sense yet both the former Baron Rivendare and the future Lord Rivendare are currently in game and neither makes any mention of a relation to the other.

All I am saying is that aristocracy very, very often take up purely ceremonial names.

I think baron rivendare is lord rivendare's father...

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    From what I gather, Blizzard's explanation for Rivendare surviving Stratholme was that he used a body double. Arius might have taken the runeblade off the body double's corpse to show to the Brotherhood of the Light as proof, and become another body double for the Baron.
    Not disagreeing with you, but wiki has this to say on that matter. "It is possible, that when Father Inigo Montoy took Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery he also took the head of Baron Rivendare as well. This would explain why the Baron is alive in Naxxramas and furthermore, why he is the leader of the four horsemen." Either could be right, just a differnet way to look at it.
    Last edited by Arcane Valor; 2010-07-17 at 11:02 PM.

"Watch your clever mouth, bitch!" - Garrosh speaking to Sylvanas.

My post about that was a fanboy dream in which we would be able to Reclaim the Human cities which have been fallen and claimed by others, (Move the UD to Northrend build em a capital city up there have them rez all the fallen up there they like), and spread out the Human Kingdom to what it used to be. Reform the Knights of the Silver Hand house them in here, make the city like it used to be. Never going to happen but I can always dream!
    Good idea! I think the new forsaken being raised should rebel against Sylvanas and move to Northrend, and the current Undercity should be turned into a raid with Sylvanas as the last boss
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And why wouldn't it be a City of the Light ruled by the Alliance ? What's the interest for the Argent Crusade to deal with the forsakenn since they became a new scourge ? We can hope a refoundation of the Order of the silver hand because Benedictus will play a major role in the Church of light (he has his boss lvl back) and perhaps he will try to restore the order.

Argh, ffs, now i dont have to play Cataclysm.... fu*k you spoiling everything