Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThisWorld View Post
    You could at least read the wiki article on Alexandros before you start building him up as more than what he was. Read that, then get back to me. Yes, Ashbringer was a powerful artifact capable of destroying endless amounts of the Scourge. Tirion did the same and more with Ashbringer than Alexandros ever did.
    The only thing that Tirion did with the Ashbringer that Alexandros didn't was destroy Frostmourne which is kind of because Alexandros never faced the Lich King.

Why would I go read his wiki article when the established(and current) in game lore states that the power came from the man, not the weapon, and that he was such a powerful Paladin that he could kill legions of scourge without even having to use his sword.

Tirion is a far more interesting character and Of Love and Family is still my favorite quest line in the entire game, ever, and as someone who played Horde since release(with the exception of an alt here and there) he was the first Alliance-centric character who I came to like and is probably in my top three or four favorite lore characters, but to try to pretend that he is anything compared to Alexandros on the badass meter or half the weapon of righteousness he was is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Valeera Sanguinar should be in it...

I say you should put Tyrande and Jaina up for a vote as well. I can't imagine anyone voting for them over the other options we have available.
    Check the Aegwynn wowwiki page.

"In a last desperate act to fulfill her duties as Guardian (which she had never shirked in the past) Aegwynn supplemented Jaina with her last source of magic: her own life."

Jaina's not just another sorceress anymore.

Nuke1096, if you're looking for someone to go toe to toe with Medivh then Gul'dan is an obvious choice as people are saying. Other than being Orc counterpart, he was also major mofo responsible for many bad things in Outland and Azeroth alike. So ye, I'm jumping the Gul'dan bandwagon.

credits: Supernerd

We won't agree on this, then. You're basing your assessment of the character from one monologue in the Plaguelands, and I am basing mine on having actually read the lore surrounding the character. As I said, it's irrelevant in any case. Just for the sake of variety, either Alexandros or Tirion should be removed from the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulbane View Post
    You can't pick immortals.
    Med'ivh is an eternal, not sure how close that is to immortals but he's in here and can come back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Nuke1096, if you're looking for someone to go toe to toe with Medivh then Gul'dan is an obvious choice as people are saying. Other than being Orc counterpart, he was also major mofo responsible for many bad things in Outland and Azeroth alike. So ye, I'm jumping the Gul'dan bandwagon.
    It may in fact be Gul'Dan. I'm not telling until tomorrow though

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    If you guys think Mograine is one too many Paladins. What we can do is when we get down to the final 1-2 spots, I can leave that open and put up a few different choices, and then we can all vote in this thread on who gets that spot.

YO DAWG! I heard you liked Battles, So here is a battle you can battle before you battle!

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Chief Icemist took out a whole onslaught of scourge while weakened, pretty badass. Gorgonna took out her sister and her sisters BE Bros in pursuit of "What's just!" that's pretty badass too, like a lesser version of Thrall there!
    We Carried Gorgonna to 1800 and Icemist got captured and his tribe decimated. just lol guess random adventures should make an appearance in here.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Broxigar

THIS TOURNY NEEDS MOAR BRAWXX.
    No, it really doesn't

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:52 PM ----------

I say you should put Tyrande and Jaina up for a vote as well. I can't imagine anyone voting for them over the other options we have available.
    This
    Last edited by anaxie; 2010-07-20 at 09:51 PM.

We won't agree on this, then. You're basing your assessment of the character from one monologue in the Plaguelands, and I am basing mine on having actually read the lore surrounding the character. As I said, it's irrelevant in any case. Just for the sake of variety, either Alexandros or Tirion should be removed from the tournament.
    I never said I didn't read his wiki page. I've read both that and the Ashbringer comic and neither of them contradict anything I said. You're trying to make it sound like they were forging the most powerful Holy Weapon ever created and were like, "Who should wield it?" "I don't know." "Pick someone!" "Hey, I got an idea. YOU! Lowly Page! Come here for a second."

He was given the sword because he was the greatest Paladin Warrior ever(or at least at that time. Again, it comes down to him and Turalyon who was already presumed dead by then in Draenor). Tirion could not stand up to him in a one on one contest. I like Tirion as a character more because Alexandros is pretty one dimensional and all he has going for him is his strength in battle, but this isn't a contest of complex characters. It's a battle of the badasses.

On a completely unrelated note, I am sad that Of Love and Family will, presumably, be gone come Cataclysm. It is still my favorite quest line ever, once you get past the ridiculous "go kill 30 of each type of bat who are spread all across the plaguelands!" steps and into the real storyline. Everyone in WoW should be required to do that quest line at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by peetree130 View Post
    Check the Aegwynn wowwiki page.

"In a last desperate act to fulfill her duties as Guardian (which she had never shirked in the past) Aegwynn supplemented Jaina with her last source of magic: her own life."

Jaina's not just another sorceress anymore.
    We aren't using super charged power rangers here incase you didn't read majority of this thread.

Death Knight: Arthas
    Pre Demon Curse Grom

Hell I think we should edit the earlier Illidan entry to him without demon powers especially if Gul'Dan is in the competiion. Little bit of a Time warp there.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I never said I didn't read his wiki page. I've read both that and the Ashbringer comic and neither of them contradict anything I said. You're trying to make it sound like they were forging the most powerful Holy Weapon ever created and were like, "Who should wield it?" "I don't know." "Pick someone!" "Hey, I got an idea. YOU! Lowly Page! Come here for a second."

He was given the sword because he was the greatest Paladin Warrior ever(or at least at that time. Again, it comes down to him and Turalyon who was already presumed dead by then in Draenor). Tirion could not stand up to him in a one on one contest. I like Tirion as a character more because Alexandros is pretty one dimensional and all he has going for him is his strength in battle, but this isn't a contest of complex characters. It's a battle of the badasses.

On a completely unrelated note, I am sad that Of Love and Family will, presumably, be gone come Cataclysm. It is still my favorite quest line ever, once you get past the ridiculous "go kill 30 of each type of bat who are spread all across the plaguelands!" steps and into the real storyline. Everyone in WoW should be required to do that quest line at least once.
    Yes, Yes they should.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 10:03 PM ----------

Lore-wise, Alexandros deserves to be here more than any other Paladin with the possible exception of Turalyon.
    Yeah Uther totally did nothing lorewise ever. Hes just the embodiment of Paladins everywhere and his failing and death at the hands of his Prince is one of the single most important moments in WoW lore.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2010-07-20 at 10:03 PM.

If you guys think Mograine is one too many Paladins. What we can do is when we get down to the final 1-2 spots, I can leave that open and put up a few different choices, and then we can all vote in this thread on who gets that spot.
    put in Mograine
    not your fualt paladins are badass

How about we bump Hogger or Mankrik off for Alexandros. More sensible then bumping around Gul'dan and others. The only angry people would be mouth breathers.

Alexandros VS Saurfang

The new fight bracket highlight.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2010-07-20 at 10:10 PM.

Can we haz Med'an? I'd love to see a paladin divinestorm someone to oblivion and shooting pyroblasts while under the effects of bloodlust

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    How about we bump Hogger or Mankrik off for Alexandros. More sensible then bumping around Gul'dan and others. The only angry people would be mouth breathers.
    nooooooooooo not hogger he is god

Name - Orgrim Doomhammer

Species - Orc

Title - The Doomhammer

Weapon of Choice - The Doomhammer
    Last edited by Nuke1096; 2010-07-20 at 10:28 PM.

crowly and hogger is enough just bump off mankrir saurfang will make it past him in bracket one anyhow. Such a waste.

Name - Orgrim Doomhammer

Species - Orc

Title - The Backstabber

Weapon of Choice - The Doomhammer

The Backstabber? what? Are you just trying to make shit up now?

He was the Warchief of the Old Horde after he wrested control from Gul'Dan and the Shadow Council when he went into a coma. Think could be wrong rusty on lore, Killed Blackhand the puppet Warchief to become the ACTUAL warchief who was a puppet to noone.

Also that picture is GOD AWFUL.

First Uther = Ashrbinger now this?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2010-07-20 at 10:18 PM.

Yeah Uther totally did nothing lorewise ever. Hes just the embodiment of Paladins everywhere and his failing and death at the hands of his Prince is one of the single most important moments in WoW lore.
    Uther really didn't do much other than become the first member of the Knights of the Silver Hand and die. He played second fiddle to Turalyon and didn't really do anything important during the entire second war, with the exception of just happening to be the guy who got attacked by Alterac pirates and discovering that Alterac had betrayed the Alliance.

Uther is one of those characters everyone thinks is more important than he really was because he's a fan(including mine) favorite from WC3. Reread what you just said to me. The most important thing he ever did was die.

Uther really didn't do much other than become the first member of the Knights of the Silver Hand and die. He played second fiddle to Turalyon and didn't really do anything important during the entire second war, with the exception of just happening to be the guy who got attacked by Alterac pirates and discovering that Alterac had betrayed the Alliance.

Uther is one of those characters everyone thinks is more important than he really was because he's a fan(including mine) favorite from WC3. Reread what you just said to me. The most important thing he ever did was die.
    Very Good. Worthy argument and I submit.

The Backstabber? what? Are you just trying to make shit up now?
    See excerpt below...

Seizing the opportunity provided by the powerful warlock's incapacitation, Blackhand's second-in-command, Orgrim Doomhammer — later known as the Backstabber for the deed he was about to commit — decided to seize power from the puppet Warchief, hoping he could lead his wayward people from the path they had taken. Leading loyalist troops in a surprise attack, Doomhammer defeated Blackhand and cut his head from his shoulders, becoming both Warchief and Chieftain of the Blackrock.