Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Grom vs Saurfang. This will be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome story. And Grom would so kick Saurfang's ass back to Durotar. For the Old Horde!
    And I know Saurfang also fought for the Old Horde, but Grom is bettah.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Umm. Each match is final and to the death. Two combatants enter. One combatant leaves. That is law. That is final. Not to be nitpicky, but that kinda goes against what you said, and said emphatically, in your initial post. We want blood, none of this pussy honor orc crap. I thought this was a pretty great idea but don't EVER, EVER toss out words like "to the death" and not follow through, it makes you look weak. This was in reference to Mankrik and Saurfang's match where neither died. Obey the Law man, please, that's all I ask.

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 12:47 AM ----------

...Seriously? Again, I like the idea of this "tournament", but this story had little if anything to do with these two combatants being brought together. And given how close the voting was, Jaina didn't do diddly squat to Tyrande with her not-inconsiderable magic. Highly disappointed with this writing. There are plenty of ways to write in reasoning for the two of them to face off in an arena to the death.
    Last edited by Sinister Knight; 2010-08-01 at 12:42 AM.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Stood in the Fire BallsofThunder's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love your stories Emaluri, but Grom vs. Carine was a bit of a downer for me.
    I did'nt like the fact that Grom was an enraged-insane spirit.
    Or the fact that he walked right by Gorefiend and went on to kill others? I would have thought he would've killed Gorefiend on sight.
    Dont get me wrong Emaluri, I love your stories but, and im not trying to troll or complain, but I thought I should share it with you for future purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Umm. Each match is final and to the death. Two combatants enter. One combatant leaves. That is law. That is final. Not to be nitpicky, but that kinda goes against what you said, and said emphatically, in your initial post. We want blood, none of this pussy honor orc crap. I thought this was a pretty great idea but don't EVER, EVER toss out words like "to the death" and not follow through, it makes you look weak. This was in reference to Mankrik and Saurfang's match where neither died. Obey the Law man, please, that's all I ask.

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 12:47 AM ----------

...Seriously? Again, I like the idea of this "tournament", but this story had little if anything to do with these two combatants being brought together. And given how close the voting was, Jaina didn't do diddly squat to Tyrande with her not-inconsiderable magic. Highly disappointed with this writing. There are plenty of ways to write in reasoning for the two of them to face off in an arena to the death.
    I'm sorry. If you don't like the recaps, you don't have to read them. The results of each poll are slotted into the brackets shortly after being closed.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsofThunder View Post
    I love your stories Emaluri, but Grom vs. Carine was a bit of a downer for me.
    I did'nt like the fact that Grom was an enraged-insane spirit.
    Or the fact that he walked right by Gorefiend and went on to kill others? I would have thought he would've killed Gorefiend on sight.
    Dont get me wrong Emaluri, I love your stories but, and im not trying to troll or complain, but I thought I should share it with you for future purposes.
    Thank you for enjoying them, and for presenting your concerns in a pleasant, non-vitriolic or unduly aggressive manner. Because of this, I'll try to elaborate on your concerns.

Spiritual, elemental, and demonic contracts are tricky things. Gorefiend wasn't attacked on sight because it was him who released the spirit from it's confinement within Gorehowl. That act earned the summoner's safety for a certain time, and this temporary sanctuary acts as payment for the spirit's release. Should the two meet again, there will be no such mercy, as all debts have been paid.

The spirit's rampage was caused by the maelstrom of emotion Grom experienced in the last moments of his life; filled with the fury of the orcs and the rage of the blood curse that had so recently gripped him. Without the strength of will of Grom's mind, the spirit was left in a whirlwind of fury and - once released from its confines - it found an outlet in the crowd.

I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns, and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it more fully.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-08-01 at 08:19 AM. Reason: clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Thank you for enjoying them, and for presenting your concerns in a pleasant, non-vitriolic or unduly aggressive manner. Because of this, I'll try to elaborate on your concerns.

Spiritual, elemental, and demonic contracts are tricky things. Gorefiend wasn't attacked on sight because it was him who released the spirit from it's confinement within Gorehowl. That act earned the summoner's safety for a certain time, and this temporary sanctuary acts as payment for the spirit's release. Should the two meet again, there will be no such mercy, as all debts have been paid.

The spirit's rampage was caused by the maelstrom of emotion Grom experienced in the last moments of his life; filled with the fury of the orcs and the rage of the blood curse that had so recently gripped him. Without the strength of will of Grom's mind, the spirit was left in a whirlwind of fury and - once released from its confines - it found an outlet in the crowd.

I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns, and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it more fully.
    I do what I can to not sound like a jerk, and Thank you very much for explaining this to me. I was speculating over the thought of Grom's emotions and actions towards his fellow Orcs, but this is all cleared up now. And like I said before I love your posts, keep umm coming!
    One more thing, have you ever thought about writing a Novel of some sort? You certainly have a talent.

is there an Illidan vs garona story i missed somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by katkat View Post
    I was wondering the same.
    Recaps are being posted in the order the polls were to be completed. Next up is Sylvanas vs. Maiev, then Illidan vs. Garona, and then we're caught up to Hogger vs. Crowley.

I'm sorry. If you don't like the recaps, you don't have to read them. The results of each poll are slotted into the brackets shortly after being closed.
    The point is not for me to not read them. I want to read them. However, I want more for you to follow the point of the arenas, not go off on what amounts to fanfic. You post that Chromie is gathering these champions from various times to do battle...here, let me repost what you seem to have forgotten:

"Chronormu, Ambassador of the Bronze Dragonflight, has been charged by her superiors to search the vast strands of time for the ultimate badass. Seeking the ultimate champion to protect the timelines and prevent the Cataclysm from ever happening again, the Bronze Dragonflight has put together a one time only event to find such a being. They've constructed a tournament to test all of the chosen badasses against one another until the ultimate champion is crowned. Chronormu, known to the mortal races simply as Chromie, has selected thirty two of the worlds ultimate combatants from both the past and from the present to compete in this tournament. Of the many that were chosen, only one will survive to be crowned ultimate badass.

The rules of the tournament are simple. Each combatant will wage bloody combat against another combatant in a single elimination tournament until only one remains standing. Each match is final and to the death. Two combatants enter. One combatant leaves. That is law. That is final. To ensure fairness, each battle will take place across four specifically chosen neutral arenas across Azeroth and Outland. The chosen four are The Ring of Valor in Durotar, The Ruins of Lordaeron in Tirisfal Glades, The Ring of Trials in Nagrand, and The Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mountains. Each of these arenas have been retrofitted to hold a seating capacity of 666 spectators. After the first three rounds of combat have concluded, the combat will move to The Crusaders' Coliseum in Northrend where the final four combatants will compete to crown a champion."

There are many ways you can justify combatants fighting who they might think of as "friends": an illusion cast over their opponent making them seem like an enemy, a mind control of sorts, or the simple command by Chromie that if they do not do battle, the lives of the ones they love and the lives of everyone on Azeroth across Time itself are at stake. Make them fight with everything they've got, that's what we want to read, all out, no-holds-barred bloody, vicious, brutal total BADASS combat to the DEATH. No fluffy "oh, I shot her with an arrow when she tried to save me", no "There is no honor in killing a lesser foe" garbage. Stick to your guns man, and do what you promised you would do. Simply telling me if I don't like it don't read it is a total copout.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

The point is not for me to not read them. I want to read them. However, I want more for you to follow the point of the arenas, not go off on what amounts to fanfic. You post that Chromie is gathering these champions from various times to do battle...here, let me repost what you seem to have forgotten:

"Chronormu, Ambassador of the Bronze Dragonflight, has been charged by her superiors to search the vast strands of time for the ultimate badass. Seeking the ultimate champion to protect the timelines and prevent the Cataclysm from ever happening again, the Bronze Dragonflight has put together a one time only event to find such a being. They've constructed a tournament to test all of the chosen badasses against one another until the ultimate champion is crowned. Chronormu, known to the mortal races simply as Chromie, has selected thirty two of the worlds ultimate combatants from both the past and from the present to compete in this tournament. Of the many that were chosen, only one will survive to be crowned ultimate badass.

The rules of the tournament are simple. Each combatant will wage bloody combat against another combatant in a single elimination tournament until only one remains standing. Each match is final and to the death. Two combatants enter. One combatant leaves. That is law. That is final. To ensure fairness, each battle will take place across four specifically chosen neutral arenas across Azeroth and Outland. The chosen four are The Ring of Valor in Durotar, The Ruins of Lordaeron in Tirisfal Glades, The Ring of Trials in Nagrand, and The Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mountains. Each of these arenas have been retrofitted to hold a seating capacity of 666 spectators. After the first three rounds of combat have concluded, the combat will move to The Crusaders' Coliseum in Northrend where the final four combatants will compete to crown a champion."

There are many ways you can justify combatants fighting who they might think of as "friends": an illusion cast over their opponent making them seem like an enemy, a mind control of sorts, or the simple command by Chromie that if they do not do battle, the lives of the ones they love and the lives of everyone on Azeroth across Time itself are at stake. Make them fight with everything they've got, that's what we want to read, all out, no-holds-barred bloody, vicious, brutal total BADASS combat to the DEATH. No fluffy "oh, I shot her with an arrow when she tried to save me", no "There is no honor in killing a lesser foe" garbage. Stick to your guns man, and do what you promised you would do. Simply telling me if I don't like it don't read it is a total copout.
    Pretty much this. The stories are great and all but please no "It would be mean for me to kill you" Type of things. This is an arena and they fight to the death. When arthas fights teron I want them both to go all out on eachother and have one of them get there heads chopped off. Even tho I'm pretty sure arthas will win.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Grom's fight was interesting. I liked how you pictured him as someone both very strong and agile, I always pictured him like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardomsc View Post
    Grom's fight was interesting. I liked how you pictured him as someone both very strong and agile, I always pictured him like that
    I did too. He was a very powerful, cunning, agile, Orc, and thats what I love about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    poor tauren

Match - Arthas Menethil vs. Teron Gorefiend

Location - The Circle of Blood

Duration - Two Days

Time of Commencement - 4:24 PM on Sunday August 1st of The Year 2010

Who Will Emerge Victorious?

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Please remember that I am not Nuke. I made no such promises and have forgotten nothing. If you do not like the style in which I write the recaps, then you simply do not have to read them. If you want to read them, feel free, but do not expect them to be exactly what you want them to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please remember that I am not Nuke. I made no such promises and have forgotten nothing. If you do not like the style in which I write the recaps, then you simply do not have to read them. If you want to read them, feel free, but do not expect them to be exactly what you want them to be.
    Meh, I don't care, the Gladiatorial battles in Ancient Rome were to the death, yet some were spared. I like the idea of Saurfang sparing Mankrik's life because he was a excellent fighter. Keep up the good work!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Meh, I don't care, the Gladiatorial battles in Ancient Rome were to the death, yet some were spared. I like the idea of Saurfang sparing Mankrik's life because he was a excellent fighter. Keep up the good work!
    I agree with you, I feel that Saurfang admired Mankirk's valiant effort and skill, so he spared his life.

If I could tender a guess, according to the storyline, both Saurfang and Mankirk jump into the ring against Grom Hellscream...so my guess is that poor Mankirk will not survive the next battle. You bloodthirsty readers may get what you want after all.

Watch your back Gnogger. Your now on the cleave list for implying that Saurfang could ever be under duress.

I, personally, like these stories. Thanks, Emal, for taking the time to do these.

To the people hating on his work, do your own damned stories if you don't like it. Take the time out of your day and write a well-written piece of work the way you want. But don't bash his work while not even trying be polite or constructive about it. Simply saying, "I need moar blood!" is not constructive. Let him write the way he wants.