Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well I went in bear, 75K hp raid buffed and was told bears can't tank ICC.
    Of course that was from 2 pallies. One switched from healing to tank and I was kicked.

so if you are not a bear you should have no problems tanking it.

I have no idea where my part of this post came from...I removed it and sorry for the post
    Last edited by sparks; 2010-07-19 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Which fights? Grobbulus maybe? Tanking LK is substantially more difficult than tanking any fight in Naxx. Naxx tanking was typically a straight forward tank and spank because the Naxx fights were designed in Vanilla, when bosses weren't even remotely as complex or challenging.
    I agree with your difficulty comparison, but I have to point out that almost all the Naxx fight mechanics were redone for Wrath to be simple and easy to learn. Level 60 Naxx was much harder to tank.

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran

When will people understand that druids don't suck as tanks in ICC?
    The dodge debuff is applied to everyone...

15+ Year Old Account
    Bears can tank just fine in ICC and elsewhere, and that has nothing to do with the original question.

Personally, in general I think ICC isn't the hardest instance to tank. There are ways to challenge yourself to do better, e.g., using optimal positioning for Putricide and maximizing dps on Festergut, etc. In most fights, though, the easier, non-optimal way works just fine.

Bears can tank ICC just like Warriors, DKs and Paladins can. The 20% dodge buff applies to everyone. Blizz wanted avoidance in ICC to be the same between the 4 tanks.

And also, ICC tanking for the first and second wing are very easy. Id say if you can tank the 5 man ICCs a few times then you should be fine. Just aim for a health goal of 34-35k unbuffed and you should be good. Thats easy to achieve in i232s/245s with enchanted gear and stacking for stamina.

Honestly, I never had a problem tanking any ICC fights. Only problem I had was last night kiting the add in Rotface on my DK and a miscommunication on my pally where both me and the MT were on the ship getting the adds. Putricide is easy if you are the one tanking the boss, not sure what to do as the ghoul or whatever you'd call it.

In all honesty, go for it. Pugging should get you the first wing and 2/3rds of the plague wing. Thats 14 emblems, 19 if you get lucky and have an easy one like Rotface and Fester

tbh I am more scared to tank the northrend beasts in toc (I hate you, paralytic toxin), than tanking ICC for 2 wings. Just gotta have good healers and not retarded dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proof Bears can tank ICC just fine.
    Look at my most recent achievements in the armory
    "Earned the achievement Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player) for 25 points. 14 hours, 20 minutes ago"
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! And it was quite fun

Grats Hoofit :]
    I also envy you because your health will always be higher than mine, no matter how geared I am.
    Only thing that would make you OP is if you can strap a shield on your face.

with the buff it doesnt matter what class you are - everything works.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    When will people understand that druids don't suck as tanks in ICC?
    The dodge debuff is applied to everyone...
    I really hope it is just trolls at this point. Considering most guilds use a druid tank for lk when possible.

Why are druids preferable to LK?
    I heard they take more damage but avoid a litttleee more so than other tanks.

Also, I forgot to mention to the OP. Tanks have it easy in ICC. I'd say dps takes skill in ICC (heals arent too hard, but I could be wrong. Holy Light spam or Chain Heal spam..that should do it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't take more damage then other tanks.
    if i compare my druid wich is not that good geared as tank with my bro's dk wich is on top5of the server i play on i have more armor then him and bosses hit me allot less then they hit my bro. fights as lk will be the same i guess as i only have healed him

that's just my personal experience could be wrong^^

to the OP: all tanks do fine in icc some want those others want those but all4the tank classes have no problem with tanking it.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2010-07-19 at 09:00 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Well, for health wise, druid tanks are win. But I really like tanking with a warrior, as a paladin. Or on my DK, I like tanking with a paladin. I just feel good when Im with them.

As far as healing, I heard DKs are spikey (maybe thats before they are geared enough for ICC), and druids have lolamount of health.

Normal mode ICC 10 or 25 can be tanked in badge t9 with the current 25% buff.

Threat isn't a problem in this expansion if you have the slightest idea how to play.

Some mechanics of certain fights can just be avoided by the 25% buff, so all roles become dumbed down.

The Lich King encounter can be solo-tanked by any tank class in any normal mode raid size.

normal mode icc can be tanked while playing peggle.

and to the druid guy, I would probably consider bears the best tanks in icc now due to the way they scale with the stacking buff.

30% next tuesday after realms are up, I heard.
    Dear lord if a druid has over 100k health I might just roll one :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Well, for health wise, druid tanks are win. But I really like tanking with a warrior, as a paladin. Or on my DK, I like tanking with a paladin. I just feel good when Im with them.

As far as healing, I heard DKs are spikey (maybe thats before they are geared enough for ICC), and druids have lolamount of health.
    ye dk's are spikey, they tend to take a healthy amount of damage sometimes blizzard knows this and it's intended=> cataclysm post about dk's

Qeath Knight Tanking/Self-Healing
    A:Our intent is that DKs take more damage to compensate for all of the self-healing. As Regill points out, Blood Craze is accessible now and we want Enraged Regen to be more attractive. (Source)

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    30% next tuesday after realms are up, I heard.
    Dear lord if a druid has over 100k health I might just roll one :S
    let a druid with a healthy amount of 75-85k hp in icc popping his survival instincts and he'll have above 100k health for some seconds
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    If you can tank heroic FoS you can tank icc
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

Idd, the 20% reduction to dodge is across the board for all tanks. For some stupid reason this makes people think that Druids suck because we only have dodge. That's a falacy to start with. But that aside, even with the debuff, I still have over 30% Dodge in ICC. Last thing, world first HC 25 LK kill - Druid tank. All tanks are fine. You will do fine.

/thread

Bob I heard druids are pushing 88k with the icc 25% buff, and raid buffs.
    This has to mean that with raid buffs and 30% we are seeing around 95k.../sigh.
    I rolled a warrior first, havent leveled him. Leveled a DK and got him tanking, havent played him since I leveled my pally and got him tanking. Im thinking of leveling a druid....and when Im all out of options I can always just send in my voidwalker :S

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball!