Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How easy is Ulduar 25m now?

I am thinking about coming back for a month before cata and clear some WotLK content before it is old. I never cleared Ulduar all the way yet. IS it easily puggable now? And will the leader let me in without the achievement?

It is easily puggable and they'll probably let you in but good luck finding a group that isn't doing it for just the weekly.

Depends on the server you are on. On my server it is not puggable, but it is pretty easy for a decent guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Renard117 View Post
    It is easily puggable and they'll probably let you in but good luck finding a group that isn't doing it for just the weekly.
    ^This.
    With the gear-lvl the most people have now, it's doable. Think it's more hard to get a full 25-man group going to Ulduar since it's pretty abandoned. Atleast it is on my server.

highly doubtful you'll find a group for uld25, but gl, its ezmode with people who have done it

I haven't seen an ulduar pug since the toc patch. It's too bad, cause I just did some of the bosses in there (Flame Leviathan, XT, Hodir and Thorim)
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

On one of my servers there is a weekly farm of mimis head. aka, people get together some are pugged and they go do yog 0 algalon and other things. Lol at all the guilds that spent months on this and said zomg hard while wearing icc gear.

Deleted
    If your realm is good enough, you could pug GotUR 25.

easy but if you're gonna do hardmodes like firefighters yogg+1, inexperienced people will die no matter their gear.

Thanks. I got the feeling that people are going to force an achievement on me which I don't have =/. How hard can it be to dps it without hard modes xD

I have joined several PuG-groups on few different realms, and none of them got past Auriaya.

Ulduar would be easily doable, along with several hardmodes (XT-002, Iron Council, Hodir, Thorim), if 1) majority of raid had ICC10-level of gear to zerg encounters before too many players die to avoidable mechanics, or 2) were competent/experienced in the encounters. However, chances are that you are going to have a hard time getting 25 players, let alone those that fill either of those criteria (and because of this, you are likely to get into the raid without achievement).

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    easy but if you're gonna do hardmodes like firefighters yogg+1, inexperienced people will die no matter their gear.
    This.

good luck pugging firefighter and yogg+1.
    yes its easy, cuz you outgear the shit. but there will still be those retards who just doesnt know whats left and whats right.

If people did Uld in ToC gear than i think people in ICC gear are able to down it.

Also remember there is no 25% buff increase there.

So one screw up on hardmodes and you wont be forgiven lightly.

People might have done it without ICC gear. But it wont make a difference if nobody knows what to do

I pug 25 Glory of the Ulduar Raider every Friday. We do all hardmodes and Algalon in 1 night and hook people up with their drakes. We're attempting to get Yogg 0 down and farm the head but no luck yet. Closest attempt was 14%.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulah View Post
    I pug 25 Glory of the Ulduar Raider every Friday. We do all hardmodes and Algalon in 1 night and hook people up with their drakes. We're attempting to get Yogg 0 down and farm the head but no luck yet. Closest attempt was 14%.
    srsly what server are you on? my server does a weekly drake run but somehow dumb people keep coming and drag the raid down with fresh run all achieve crap so we have yet to get to yogg.... not counting the time someone got pissed off and pulled all the guardians down the week prior for the saved id

Does the pug consist of well geared alts from skilled, well geared and experienced raiders? If so, it's not a real pug I doubt you can pick up just any scrub from dalaran and go pug hard modes in Ulduar 25.
    Last edited by Snorri; 2010-07-18 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Does the pug consist of well geared alts from skilled, well geared and experienced raiders? If so, it's not a real pug I doubt you can pick up just any scrub from dalaran and go pug hard modes in Ulduar 25.
    What is your definition of a PuG then? Not all pugs are bad runs. Anything short of pulling from the same fixed group of players is going to be a pug.

Back to topic, I'd say a bigger difficulty is going to be finding the group, it could be a fun zone but it has very few rewards unless you're going for the drake. If you're worried about not getting in, lead it yourself. You might have to research the fights a bit, but if you've got a friend who's done it before, they could help lead. You never know what you'll find when you assemble your own.