Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looks like Blizzard is spicing things up.

Although the Stonecore was obviously on normal mode and 90% of all bosses are insanely easy, it looks like the mechanincs though they're using are looking to be great and nothing we've ever really seen before.

Some of the mechanics we saw have been used before but I noticed a lot of them haven't, such as Azil hurling a boulder at us, spikes raining down from the top of the roof, etc.

This is only a dungeon and beta but does anyone else slightly agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Things look alot easier when beeing watched. The last boss in Stonecore is pretty hard when you have people who arent alert and on their toes.

I agree. Stonecore looks like a fairly fun instance. And the mechanics you've mentioned have been seen before in raids but never in a dunegon.

Deleted
    Well yes look diffrent but sorta the same as other boss abilities. tho if you you got a poop pc like me you hardly get to see this spice and have to do abit of guess work :P

All the characters in the videos are PRE MADE - EPIC GEARED . Gather up some lfg noob tank / healer in full greens and let the QQ commence.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

Sorry to ask what may seem like a really dumb question as I'm not in beta but doesn't a boss in Pit of Saron throw boulders and doesn't the roof in the tunnel rain down on people there too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Sorry to ask what may seem like a really dumb question as I'm not in beta but doesn't a boss in Pit of Saron throw boulders and doesn't the roof in the tunnel rain down on people there too?
    exactly what i thought well read the post

Quote Originally Posted by Hyko View Post
    All the characters in the videos are PRE MADE - EPIC GEARED . Gather up some lfg noob tank / healer in full greens and let the QQ commence.
    Wrath epics are NOTHING compared to Cata greens and Blues.

If anything, it'll actually be harder in full ICC gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Wrath epics are NOTHING compared to Cata greens and Blues.

If anything, it'll actually be harder in full ICC gear.
    ilvl isn't everything you know, and blues already said that ICC gear will be the best you get for your class until you do 5man heroics.

Easy here, easy there...

You'll have to do the Stonecore with a 2560sp Holy Priest in full 78-81 greens from WotLK/Cataclysm and another newly dinged 80 tank with 22k hp...

Those guys in Pandamonium's video almost had a wipe in full ICC epics...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    ilvl isn't everything you know, and blues already said that ICC gear will be the best you get for your class until you do 5man heroics.
    No. They haven't.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

Nop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    the foregemasters boulders are just minor dmg and a knockback + a los spot creation.
    the one from last boss is a massive dmg boulders - i bet they can one shot a greenish geared person nearly atleast

on the raining stuff from roof thing

the ones in PoS are just dmg and knock back these from the stone drake are LoS mass drops which can if unlucky actually LOCK the healer or tank inside them and thus making it a a 100% wipe which is impossible to save by any means, and that is freakishly evil boss abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Feythir View Post
    No. They haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linwelina View Post
    Nop

Heh.

After you run it a thousand times just like the 5 mans in Wrath, they're gonna be boring and repetitive. You're gonna want to be done them in 15-20 minutes so you can get your heroism points and get the hell out.

When everyone is in the highest tier of gear, they're gonna blow though them just like we do now, and if we don't overpower them people will complain because they'll feel like they're wasting too much time on heroics.

they were 5 man bosses with 2.5M health, relatively unforgiving mechanics and took like 2 mins (sped up) to down. I can see those owning a few casual scrubs come retail and heroic-wise I see another Shattered Halls.

Deleted
    I like it. I saw the Vashj'ir Depths (typo?) video with TB and liked how they had actual unforgiving mechanics that required some coordination rather than the 500 damage per second voidzones we had in wrath (now that is figurative, I know there probably weren't any heroics with 500/s voids, but point of statement is that you could fuck up a lot and still steamroll through the 5-man content).

Knowing they've given a nice amount of health to the bosses, too, the board is set for some fun and somewhat challenging encounters. Especially when we get to see the heroic modes.

Link it... no way in hell will even 277 Heroic ICC gear be used at level 85 in heroics.. maybe 1 piece.. I could see the helm being used if you hadn't gotten a meta-gemmed one yet...

Your hit will be so low you will miss a lot, your haste/crit will be 1/6th of what it was at 80.. so your damage/healing/mitigation will be HORRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Link it... no way in hell will even 277 Heroic ICC gear be used at level 85 in heroics.. maybe 1 piece.. I could see the helm being used if you hadn't gotten a meta-gemmed one yet...

Your hit will be so low you will miss a lot, your haste/crit will be 1/6th of what it was at 80.. so your damage/healing/mitigation will be HORRIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Since we're only raising the level cap to 85 in Cataclysm, one of the goals is to pack as much content and gameplay as possible into the new 78-85 zones and dungeons. We don't want the leveling experience from 80-85 to feel as if it's only half of the content we've provided in the last two expansions. So, with that comes more substantial scaling of items and character power with each level gained. A level-82 character should feel significantly more powerful than a level-80 character, for example. There are some epic and legendary items from Wrath of the Lich King raid content which may take a while to replace, but chances are most of your gear will be replaced by the time you start running level-85 normal 5-player dungeons.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/25626...-gear-obsolete

true, misread but the early statement was different, Although in the first dungeon, the best gear of ICC shouldn't be replaced unless you want lots of stamina.
    But unlike other xpansions this one the gear will inflate a lot faster...

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    so THATS why on the first glance Panda in the vid didnt change any big pieces of gear I can see? like, you know, shoulders, legs, shield...

and who cares about hit for heroics, bosses are only +2 levels.

Ill bet all my money I will be wearing half of the 80 ICC gear when I ding 85 and start heroics, just like I did with tBC release and LK release, too, simply because greens will be too weak and few blues we get from quests and lucky drops will be badly itemized or too much "universally" itemized to fit lots of specs.