Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Which one higher gs????

Proberly... Your signature has words misspelled... Fail pally.
    there are misspelled words in my signature? hurr durr

10+ Year Old Account
    defnitely plyaer A, he has done it once and showing that he has all 258 gear shows that he is more than competent at max performance raiding. gear isnt and issue especially for him with the buff now so he most definitely wont be carried.

Player B on the other hand could just be someone who pugs ICC 25 when he can and gets lucky when it comes to gear.

and when it comes to the experience player A did it once and him being the type of raider that you're portraying him to be he should have no problem learning hardmodes off of that one normal run.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Player b he got gear and the hardmodes is not that different from normal mode so he knows most of the fights except for a few changes that i could tell him. sure player a knows how to play but he is most likely very rusty if he stopped at toc and just came back.

Quote Originally Posted by dialga View Post
    Player b he got gear and the hardmodes is not that different from normal mode so he knows most of the fights except for a few changes that i could tell him. sure player a knows how to play but he is most likely very rusty if he stopped at toc and just came back.
    I think you are overestimating the effect of "being rusty". I have taken breaks of several months multiple times, and it doesn't take many hours for me reach ~90-95% of my personal maximum performance (that assuming there hasn't been meaningful changes in playstyle). Also, no break can affect the general gaming sensibility like "The objective is to kill oozes/gas clouds ASAP, so I will start saving my short cooldowns at cost of overall DPS even before they spawn, and switch to them instantly, rather than when I feel like it".

I'd even argue that someone not very experienced in the encounter (and I've observed this behavior a lot among *good* players) will concentrate on encounter mechanics more than it'd be normally necessary, rather than going "Bah! I lose DPS if I start nuking deformed fanatic! Others will kill it anyway. They always have". That results in better chances of success without wipes.

You announce in /trade that you're looking for one last person to complete filling up a raid for ICC25 10/12 run. You get two applicants, who for all intents and purposes are exactly the same except for their gear.
    Assuming this statement is true, they're both equally skilled and person B has more experience in ICC than person A.

I'd take person B.

B has the better gear AND more experience, what is the question here ?

( You said that you are looking for someone for a 10/12 run, you didnt mention heroic mode. )
    Ecce homo ergo elk