Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ret Pally's able to cleanse magic?

Now that there will be 31 point talent tree's do you think if Ret Paladin's spec into the Holy Tree they'd be able to attain cleansing magical debuffs? I mean if not we will literally be kited by all ranged classes seeing the only thing we have to grant immunity to movement impairing effects is BoF and bubble. What do you guys think?

the sky is not falling. blizzard is no where near done with pallies, or any classes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    the sky is not falling. blizzard is no where near done with pallies, or any classes.
    Yes, but I don't see how I'd be able to counter a class like a Arcane Mage, Frost Mage, Shadow Priest, Warlock, anything that would have magical debuffs that would either Kite me or DoT roll me. I'm just worried that they might make a broken class, even more broken but in this case for the worst haha.

So you're saying you might have to start just dealing with like warriors do? Oh the humanity.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    So you're saying you might have to start just dealing with like warriors do? Oh the humanity.
    Oh wait but Warrior's have Charge and Intercept.. so yeah nothing like them at all buddy. Good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kleins View Post
    Oh wait but Warrior's have Charge and Intercept.. so yeah nothing like them at all buddy. Good try though.
    Oh wait but paladins have Hand of Freedom.. so yeah nothing like them at all buddy. Good try though.

go buy some free action potions or swiftness potions.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by milkshake619 View Post
    Oh wait but paladins have Hand of Freedom.. so yeah nothing like them at all buddy. Good try though.

/thread
    Ohoho nice. Imo, HoF + judge + 15% movement speed > charge / intercept.
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

stop comparing rets to warriors. they are not the same.

warriors have charge/intercept as our gap closers. we eat cc's like mad, but using sr at proper moments and charging/intercepting cc casts is how we get by.

a ret only has hof as a true gap closer with faster run talents, other than that they are extremely easy to kite.

i can see how not having cleanse would hurt rets severely, but we'll see what blizzard does to balance it.

Paladins are not Warriors. Warriors are not Paladins. Maybe when people finally realize that and stop trying to compare apples with oranges we'll (not just Paladins, all classes) stop getting copy/paste/rename abilities from other classes.

That being said, we don't really need cleanse, especially considering their plans to make 'dispelling' less spammy in PvP. It's not just Paladins losing the ability. Afaik, only people who spec into healing (of any class) will get a dispel ability.

Am I missing something or are these guys not getting that HoF has a cd whereas the chill effect from a spell like frostbolt does not, so good luck trying to use your judgement to slow a mage that can blink frostbolt repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    Sounds like someone was so insecure, they felt immasculated by an anonymous persons virtual representation.* ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    ...everyone in that guild is a top-tuned Dorrito-Pee-bottle raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirelurk View Post
    Am I missing something or are these guys not getting that HoF has a cd whereas the chill effect from a spell like frostbolt does not, so good luck trying to use your judgement to slow a mage that can blink frostbolt repeat.
    Are you forgetting that charge and intercept have a CD?

Either way, it's not important. Paladins are paladins. Rogues are rogues. Pandas are pandas. No need to start comparing the two obviously different classes.
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

/thread
    Gee thank's for pointing out the obvious my friend. You do realize Mage's have a little thing called Spell Steal and Priest's a thing called Dispell! I'd rather have a damage nerf done to Paladins before one like this IMO. I like to not have a class that can counter me completely is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirelurk View Post
    mage can't blink from repentance. use the tools that you have.

the op (and im sure a lot of other 3.0 rets) need to learn to use the tools that the class has instead of expecting people to fall over dead of run away because they see a 2-hander toting paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Paladins are not Warriors. Warriors are not Paladins. Maybe when people finally realize that and stop trying to compare apples with oranges we'll (not just Paladins, all classes) stop getting copy/paste/rename abilities from other classes.

That being said, we don't really need cleanse, especially considering their plans to make 'dispelling' less spammy in PvP. It's not just Paladins losing the ability. Afaik, only people who spec into healing (of any class) will get a dispel ability.
    I was just simply saying the only mechanics Paladin's have to prevent them from being kited is HoF and Judgement and if both of those are on CD or you're not in range to use Judement you loose.

Gee thank's for pointing out the obvious my friend. You do realize Mage's have a little thing called Spell Steal and Priest's a thing called Dispell! I'd rather have a damage nerf done to Paladins before one like this IMO. I like to not have a class that can counter me completely is all I'm saying.
    you brought up the fact that another melee class has tools to break slow and gap close. as do we, albeit another form. and as someone else said dispels are going to be a lot harder. a priest isnt going to frostbolt you AND dispel freedom. if such is the case it'd be 2vs. and you're getting into vastly more complicated scenarios.

and you'd rather take a daamage hit before losing a magic cleanse? what about then when you go toe2toe with a warrior? nothing there you can dispel so you'd get roflstomped. a rogue u can still dispel poisons.

so let's see of the classes with magic slows, you're basically left with shamans and mages. everyone else with magic slows will engage u melee.

mage can't blink from repentance. use the tools that you have.

the op (and im sure a lot of other 3.0 rets) need to learn to use the tools that the class has instead of expecting people to fall over dead of run away because they see a 2-hander toting paladin.
    Thanks champ for that lovely post but I've beeing playing Holy/Ret Paladin since like 1.14 or something like that. I used to queue my pathetic little Pally at Ashenvale way back when. I know how to play my class and by beating some classes cleanse was the one and only thing that helped me counter them by the skins of my teeth. I don't need some 2.0 Know-it-all telling me how to play my class. *winks* Thanks again pal.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 06:23 AM ----------

you brought up the fact that another melee class has tools to break slow and gap close. as do we, albeit another form. and as someone else said dispels are going to be a lot harder. a priest isnt going to frostbolt you AND dispel freedom. if such is the case it'd be 2vs. and you're getting into vastly more complicated scenarios.

and you'd rather take a daamage hit before losing a magic cleanse? what about then when you go toe2toe with a warrior? nothing there you can dispel so you'd get roflstomped. a rogue u can still dispel poisons.

so let's see of the classes with magic slows, you're basically left with shamans and mages. everyone else with magic slows will engage u melee.
    I just want the class to FOR ONCE be balanced, that's all I'm saying for fucks sake. Trust me I don't enjoy the Ret Paladins play style at all, 6 buttoning his way to victory. That's why I rolled a Disc Priest and Ele Sham but I wanted to play my Paladin maybe if the class become a more complex and versatile one if and only if played by the right hands would the class excel above others in PvP like a good PvP'er should. Not the run and gun style Paladin that can nearly kill anything in it's sad path by smashing the head into 6 buttons. *sighs*

I was just simply saying the only mechanics Paladin's have to prevent them from being kited is HoF and Judgement and if both of those are on CD or you're not in range to use Judement you loose.
    Yes, but you're looking at it form the PoV of a WOTLK Paladin without cleanse, against WOTLK opponents.

We aren't losing cleanse until Cata, and who knows what else is changing. Maybe we're getting a gap closer? Maybe we're getting a range silence interrupt? Maybe we're getting a working Iwin button?

The fact is, Paladins, for the most part, are still greatly unknown in Cata so we cant simply say "QQ we're losing cleanse" especially when every other non healer is also losing their dispels (last I heard).

"I don't need some 2.0 Know-it-all telling me how to play my class. *winks* Thanks again pal."

Vanilla beta paladin, thanks. "pal".

"I don't need some 2.0 Know-it-all telling me how to play my class. *winks* Thanks again pal."

Vanilla beta paladin, thanks. "pal".
    Not here to flame, so do me a favor and hush. Thanks again *smiles*