Deleted

Doing LK heroic without beating wing bosses heroic?

Hey folks,
    i have a question that concerns me for a while now.
    Is it possible to try the Lichking in heroic mode without defeating the wing bosses (Saurfan, Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindy) in the heroic mode?
    In other words: We have got an ID with 11/12 down normal mode. We have defeated the wing bosses in heroic mode several IDs before. Can we try Lichking heroic this ID?

Or do we have to kill wingbosses every week in heroic mode to face the Lichking in heroic mode? :>

Thank You for your contribution and for ignoring my bad enlish :X

ps: Bluepost or own expirience would be nice <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: You need to kill each wing end boss every reset to fight LK HC. Check out my character, i have the experience to back this up.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure you have to kill the wingbosses on heroic the same week you wanna do LK hc. Think I read it somewhere, gonna try and find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, all 3 wing bosses need to be killed on heroic within the same lockout for him to spawn

You have to kill BQ, putri and sindra on heroic in order to acess to LK heroic. Not saurfang hc though

- Yes

You have to defeat end-wing bosses on heroic mode in order to fight Lk heroic in the same lockout period.
    Confirmed by myself

Yeap Queen Proffesor and Frost Queen need to be down in hc!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Can you? Yes.
    Is it working as intended? No. Blue Post as to how it is supposed to work.
    If you haven't downed him on normal or done his wing bosses on heroic do you expect to have a chance on heroic LK? Prolly not.

Sorry forgot to mention that you must have a person who can toggle heroic mode.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2010-07-19 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added toggle disclaimer.

yes you have to kill each wing boss to access heroic LK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Can you? Yes.
    Is it working as intended? No. Blue Post as to how it is supposed to work.
    If you haven't downed him on normal or done his wing bosses on heroic do you expect to have a chance on heroic LK? Prolly not.
    As written before, we killed them several times in heroic mode...
    But we ve got someone in our raid who needs the achievement from Sindy for example.
    Another idea is to kill 11/12 with twinks and then try the Lichking (heroic) with our mains.

You said its possible, is it?
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2010-07-19 at 05:57 PM.

Yes it is possible, but it is circumventing the original design of how it was supposed to unlock so if you were to defeat him on heroic you run the risk of it being seen as an exploit.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 06:16 PM ----------

To further elaborate you can switch it to heroic when you get to him. If you wipe on him he will not respawn on heroic so you will have to switch it back to normal and once he respawns switch it back to heroic. Once again though this could be labeled as an exploit so choosing to do this is "At Your Own Risk".

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    Yeap Queen Proffesor and Frost Queen need to be down in hc!
    I've never fought the Queen Professor or the Frost Queen but they sound pretty badass.

OK, quick question...

My guild is currently working through Heroic 10man progression, but we want to get some other folks the LK kill in Normal mode. Can we do the first 6 in Heroic (say on a Sunday) and then raid lock on the Tuesday and continue on with the rest and have LK spawn in Normal mode just fine?

I would think it wouldn't be an issue, but reading some responses here has me questioning our plan for next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. You can always do normal mode, as long as you kill the rest of the bosses.

you need to kill all attempt bosses on hc mode every week to attempt lk hc otherwise you have to do it normal
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You need 4 end wing bosses on heroic (Saurfang counts, I can confirm). All 4 need to be downed weekly in every raid lockout to attempt heroic LK. You can alternatively extend a raid ID that you've killed all bosses on, but thats just silly as you'd lose out on a bunch of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Peril View Post
    You need 4 end wing bosses on heroic (Saurfang counts, I can confirm). All 4 need to be downed weekly in every raid lockout to attempt heroic LK. You can alternatively extend a raid ID that you've killed all bosses on, but thats just silly as you'd lose out on a bunch of loot.
    Saurfang doesnt count

So no steamrolling 11/12 and then flipping Heroic on for Lich King?
    Good to know.