Trade Chat addon

Is there an addon that I can use to see the Trade Chat when I am not in a town?

Short Answer: NO!!!!

Long Answer: NO!!!!!!

Longer Answer: Trade chat is only accessible in a town because it is a local channel, just like local-defense, and when you go out of one of the zones that has access to the channel, you lose all ability to request information from the server. (AKA Trade-Chat Text)

Longest Answer: There may be a way to do it by making use of SendAddonChat and having a client in the same guild as you parked in a city and just posting the trade-chat information to all the other clients. It would in essence allow everyone in the guild to see trade chat, however you could not talk back into trade chat, unless you were to hi-jack the client of the person parked in a city.

Deleted
    There actually is an addon that does this.
    It's called TradeForwarder, but it only works if somebody using the addon on your realm and faction is seeing trade chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    There actually is an addon that does this.
    It's called TradeForwarder, but it only works if somebody using the addon on your realm and faction is seeing trade chat.
    Ahh there it is. I knew it existed but I couldn't find it anywhere so I posted what I thought would work :P Thanks for the find Treeston!

The solution to it, would be what is done on many wow private servers:
    there they usually use 1 chat i.e. "World" that would be 5,
    then ppl trade on it, from anywhere.

The only way this can happen is if other people also use a addon, thus if someone is in a major city the addon can read the trade channel and send the information using the addon channel -the catch is (a) someone with the addon must also be in the city to actually read the trade chat (b) addon channel only works for groups or guilds, there are no "global" addon channels.

If you have a guild on 200 people and all use the addon, you have high chances someone is in a major town thus can mirror the trade chat but it's not a stable way to fix the issue. I guess you simply must camp the city to read the trade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    The only way this can happen is if other people also use a addon, thus if someone is in a major city the addon can read the trade channel and send the information using the addon channel -the catch is (a) someone with the addon must also be in the city to actually read the trade chat (b) addon channel only works for groups or guilds, there are no "global" addon channels.

If you have a guild on 200 people and all use the addon, you have high chances someone is in a major town thus can mirror the trade chat but it's not a stable way to fix the issue. I guess you simply must camp the city to read the trade
    The addon uses a normal chat channel and ChatFrame_AddMessageFilter to simply not display any messages in said channel.

Wasn't looking at TradeForwarder when I wrote it, but yeah that works better.

Still someone online must have the addon enabled and be in a major city, only problem left is if someone has some fun and adds password to the channel you use, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Short Answer: NO!!!!

Long Answer: NO!!!!!!

Longer Answer: Trade chat is only accessible in a town because it is a local channel, just like local-defense, and when you go out of one of the zones that has access to the channel, you lose all ability to request information from the server. (AKA Trade-Chat Text)

Longest Answer: There may be a way to do it by making use of SendAddonChat and having a client in the same guild as you parked in a city and just posting the trade-chat information to all the other clients. It would in essence allow everyone in the guild to see trade chat, however you could not talk back into trade chat, unless you were to hi-jack the client of the person parked in a city.
    don't post when you have no clue.

TradeForwarder
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash View Post
    don't post when you have no clue.

TradeForwarder
    Thanks for taking the time to actually read the 7 post thread.