Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ery View Post
    Picture yourself your mom sold your ass off to some stranger.. a bit like that feeling.
    Picture yourself not overanalyzing things you have no idea about.

I can't believe I just read such a dumbfounded comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndicity View Post
    I'm sure people will complain about how Curse allegedly caused 9/11, and how Curse was behind the BP oil spill ect. but are those things so bad?
    Ouch

While I'm like 99% okay with this(it's actually almost completely awesome), that 1% causes me to ask a question. Isn't curse why roughly half the hacked population of wow, got hacked in the first place?(well, that's what they claimed((stupid gold buyers))

That's like hooking up with the hot chick your friend says "might" have a case of the herps. You just don't take that chance lol.

Okay, srs time. I <3 curse, never had an issue(accept the site wants to go all hurr durr sometimes) and I think this is a great move. Just plz keep the site perty and easy to navigate :P

Neither good nor bad. This change lacks any actual change; If I were you Boub, I'd have kept it low till someone realises it, it just ended up bringing up all the Curse haters, I do admire your honesty about it though.

Boub is the actual owner and manager of MMO-C, and seeing Curse-Sponsored ads on the website instead of the MLG voice servers/T-shirts isn't going to change anything to the actual content of this site.

This changes nothing.

I really hope that you aren't regretting your decision to mention things to us right away. The change is definitely a good thing and I'm sure that the majority of folks do trust your judgment and know that you'd never do anything to take away from all the hard work that's been put into this awesome site.

I'm glad that you respected us and shared everything with us right away. It's simply another reason for everyone to feel confident that you have the site and all of our best interests at heart. You have gained our trust after all these years and by being open as you were about this change, it only reinforces that trust for so many of us.

Now.. did I hear you say something about some more delicious screenshots of a cute mechanical bunny? >;3
    Last edited by Sopiel; 2010-07-20 at 03:17 PM.

Wouldn't it be good if most of the people replying to this thread ACTUALLY READ what Boub posted and not what some others THINK it said.

Boub only runs/maintains the site, he sold it 3 years ago and it has now been subsequently sold again. That's it, world isn't ending, Boub is simply getting more resources with which to maintain the site.

So probably worth taking all your bitching elsewhere, maybe go aim it at the shit that is WowMatrix.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by BruhnDK View Post
    Neither good nor bad. This change lacks any actual change; If I were you Boub, I'd have kept it low till someone realises it, it just ended up bringing up all the Curse haters, I do admire your honesty about it though.

Boub is the actual owner and manager of MMO-C, and seeing Curse-Sponsored ads on the website instead of the MLG voice servers/T-shirts isn't going to change anything to the actual content of this site.

This changes nothing.
    If you cared enough to read his post you would some things will change. And the things that will change according to him are positive.

I consider myself a faithful guy, and if this excelent source of news and info that has been around for so long with excelent standards of quality says to me "It will change, but only for the better", until proven otherwise i believe.

And all the Curse haters should really put they're hand on they're consicience because hating Curse is like hating Microsoft and use Windows every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by BruhnDK View Post

This changes nothing.
    It is still better to be upfront about it. If there had not been disclosure I assure you all the people freaking out would be brewing massive conspiracy theories.

Business is business. Mergers and acquisitions take place daily, often times without people even knowing. Hell, I've known a few people IRL that insisted one company's' products were terrible, while praising another who was actually owned in whole or part by the very company they insisted sucked.

Ignorance may be bliss to some; to others it's just humorous.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how I feel about it. I guess I don't really care. Its like when hotmail was acquired by Microsoft. It was still hotmail. It still did the same thing.

I guess time will tell. If its bad or I don't like it there are other places to go. One thing I will say is Boub deserves the help that this will likely bring and if he makes more money because of it he deserves that too. People who say its a "sell out" probably don't realize how much effort goes into compiling the vast amount of information we flick through every day, not to mention the time spent data mining which probably isn't a fun job.

As long as it offers the same daily front page news and information and easily accessible forums I can't see anything wrong here.

Ads are the fault of the site they are shown on, not someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Accusation != proof.

Curse has never sold gold. Curse has never "stolen accounts" with "malicious software".

Fake Curse clients have circulated around, but they're fakes used by hackers to phish.

Ads on Curse have sometimes maliciously taken advantage of Flash vulnerabilities, but that isn't Curse's fault and nor is it something that is a unique problem for Curse, it can happen on any site.

Check your facts please!
    Yes it is. not auditing the flash ads or loading them from a third party is bound to bite you at some point. Better find a better ad provider, or host them yourself and audit them before pushing them live. May want to look into flashblock/noscript/adblock+ extensions for firefox.

That and the lack of linux support for their client, because python or perl or even C++/GTK isn't multiplatform already... I've disabled flash on their site, that means a captcha for every download so I've moved mostly to wowinterface(with flash disabled as well) because of it.

As far as mmo-c goes, as long as it maintains it's high quality and trustworthiness I'll keep coming back. keep up the good work Bibi

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    If you cared enough to read his post you would some things will change. And the things that will change according to him are positive.

I consider myself a faithful guy, and if this excelent source of news and info that has been around for so long with excelent standards of quality says to me "It will change, but only for the better", until proven otherwise i believe.

And all the Curse haters should really put they're hand on they're consicience because hating Curse is like hating Microsoft and use Windows every single day.
    I "hate" curse because it went from a useful site, to all but unuseable for me. No linux client, and the client crashes under wine, having flash disabled means a captcha per download. Other than that I think the site is nice, it has a svn based dev area, and provides a way for people to rate and add comments to your addons.

If this means mmo-c can continue to bring me accurate up to date infos, great! GL Boub!
    Last edited by mochaomhog; 2010-07-20 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you, but cant say Im happy about it, I hate Curse's site, only use it when I need to, I am a premium subscriber only for the client, not the best either, but it does what I want it to do and that's about it.

Hopefully you keep the same setup for this site, that's what makes it what it is. GL

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys are missing a pretty important point.

You're making the argument that Curse wants to make money on MMO-Champion. If that's the case why would we change anything? MMO-Champion has extremely loyal readers and making sure their experience is optimal is in our best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapria View Post
    Good for you, but cant say Im happy about it, I hate Curse's site, only use it when I need to, I am a premium subscriber only for the client, not the best either, but it does what I want it to do and that's about it.

Hopefully you keep the same setup for this site, that's what makes it what it is. GL

Did Boub say anything specifically about his ability to continue Data Mining and Leaking information from his source at Blizzard? I know curse.com never posts news like MMO-Champion does, Boub posts 95% of the news before WoR and WoW.com and takes risks and pushes the envelope as far as what he should/could/wont show on the front page.

When he says nothing will change, I hope he's including all of this stuff. :\

Oh god, sad panda is sad.

Curse has some major flows in their maintenance, hope you will still have your word to say for a long time.
    Last time I checked, the curse client had (again) a trojan in it, those guys are hopeless, they can't run their site properly.

edit : and it was no fake website, I use an old cpu as a crash test hardware when "experimenting" things with the internet.
    The client was the real one.
    Last edited by Doomspirit; 2010-07-20 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    Does this mean that all the 502/503/500 errors I'm getting will disappear, or is that still resting in the hands of the server techs?
    Me and Alexia are here to fix those

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Have you tried the search feature?
    We'll be working on bringing that back too.

Overall speed and stability are our major objectives atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtek View Post
    I think you guys are missing a pretty important point.

You're making the argument that Curse wants to make money on MMO-Champion. If that's the case why would we change anything? MMO-Champion has extremely loyal readers and making sure their experience is optimal is in our best interests.
    Because, like most companies who's apparent main business strategy is to buy up things that were good and turn them to shit, you probably think you know exactly what we want to make our experience "optimal", and it probably comes with some kind of premium subscription.

You might notice that MMO-Champion has a ton of ads now and is nearly illegible with all the bullshit we plastered all over the pages. You might not like it - that's unfortunate, but to each their own right? LOL! No seriously... you might be interested to know that we now offer MMO-Champion Elite! For a low monthly fee, you can have the "old" MMO-Champion site! Sign up today!

No thanks. Companies like Curse are the reason that the internet is largely a cesspit of intrusive (not to mention possibly malicious) ads all over everything, with abusive "premium content" policies.

I hold out hope that somehow you will allow Boub to keep running the site as he has been, and that the people who have been supporting him for 3 years now don't get fucked by your inane desire to control all aspects of WoW fansites.

The day I see a Curse ad on MMO-Champion is the day I take the MMO-Champion domain off of my Adblock and Flashblock exception list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelten View Post
    Me and Alexia are here to fix those

We'll be working on bringing that back too.

Overall speed and stability are our major objectives atm.
    Well I appreciate your enthusiasm

15+ Year Old Account
    congrats on the new job boub may we have many sexy years ahead.

Really appreciate your transparency and honesty Boubo, selling out is neither a good nor a bad thing, its all a matter of perception. As long as you don't let it compromise the artistic integrity of the subject material (MMO-Champ) then no harm is done. Trust your gut, the silent majority is rooting for you and the site, don't let the trolls/haters get to you. You said it best in your second update "...after 3 years my readers trust me enough to know that I wouldn't do anything stupid for the site..."

Cheers

This sucks. Curse poisons everything it touches.