Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Rock on Boub! Congrats! Looking forward to any changes.

Congratulations Boub, that's brilliant. You've done a phenomenal job with the site since day 1 and it's great to see some formal recognition for that.

Deleted
    somehow it has a bad taste to me, maybe because i just dont like curse that much (there client is a little bit "too curious")

anyways curse wont change too much because mmo community is fast and mostly doesnt like big changes, a new site would be established very soon ,and i think boub knows that very well. if mmochamp goes the wrong way i'm sure he will play his part to prevent something like that.

keep up the good work boubouille

Good luck! As a consumer whore with a Curse Premium membership, I applaud you and look forward to any premium content, even if it has to be minor so you won't piss off the freeloaders. :P

Deleted
    You say 'undisclosed amount' but give us a hint, do you plan on buying something big and expensive soon?

I read this site for over a year. Now ik will delete my bookmark and never come back. Even though i understand that you wnat and need to cash in on your efforts and can't pass such a personal opportunity i also saw what happened to allakhazam after it got taken over by "the big guys". They mold the overtaken sites to serve their sucky marketing interests and at some point they start to try milking the visitors for more add money/premium content and other bullshit.

But anyway...another site will emerge made again by some enthusiasts and it will quickly take over as the point to go. So its no real loss for the community. One mammoth dies and will be replaced by another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, I hate curse client. But it sure is convenient.

Congratulations boub, you deserve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marus View Post
    I read this site for over a year. Now ik will delete my bookmark and never come back. Even though i understand that you wnat and need to cash in on your efforts and can't pass such a personal opportunity i also saw what happened to allakhazam after it got taken over by "the big guys". They mold the overtaken sites to serve their sucky marketing interests and at some point they start to try milking the visitors for more add money/premium content and other bullshit.

But anyway...another site will emerge made again by some enthusiasts and it will quickly take over as the point to go. So its no real loss for the community. One mammoth dies and will be replaced by another one.
    This is what has been said about wow being the lead mmo. WoW has been pumped full of bullshit, and retarded horses, yet we're still here. Some mammoths refuse to go down

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess now the site will be plagued with pop-ups and addons not to mention premium content? I don't think Curse are going to buy the site without knowing ways to make money out of it but I guess we will soon see......

Deleted
    Hm... Curse seems to be buying all the big MMO websites recently.

Let's just hope that MMO-champion doesn't turn into another Aionsource under the new and improved Curse management, cuz I'd really hate to see that.

Deleted
    Congrats on the sale! MMO-Champion is always the first site I check in the morning and the last I check at night, just to see if anything interesting is happening. If you'd ever like a copy editor, you know where to find me. For instance, in press releases, it's generally best to aim for the correct word--ensure, not insure. Unless you're paying money for an insurance policy against the eventuality of compromised content offerings, of course. And yes, I'm a professional copy editor. I realize that makes me hated by most of humanity, but there it is.

Deleted
    "[...]I would hardly call it premium, more like "Donator/Sponsor" for people who would like to help[...]"

This made me lol. The (probably) million dollar website needs sponsors and donations? Yeah right. Nice try of making the corporate bullshit seem innocent there, Boub
    Let's face it people, MMO-Champ won't be for the fans, it'll be for the wallets.

And by the way, if the site was recently owned by MLG Gaming, I doubt Boub is getting a lot of cash in this transfer, just for the record. I see some people goes "Gratz Boub, you deserve it!"
    I'm no expert on the site's history, but based on what was said in the news post Boub already sold it ages ago to another site, when the market value was a lot lower... could be wrong though.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2010-07-20 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marus View Post

-facepalm-

Some people are being a little melodramatic, I think.

First off, it wasn't really his choice. MMO-Champion belonged to MLG, and thus it was their decision to sell the website to Curse--besides, the hell does it matter? I saw, keep coming to the site until it does die out, if it does at all. And I highly doubt that. Boub seems to know what he's doing.

Good news everybody, no more of that MLG tourney shit plaguing the site!

Bad news everybody, I don't really trust Curse because of it's bad reputation. (Wowinterface ftw!)

Deleted
    Boub wont let it die

Deleted
    Its the Cataclysm of MMO-Champion...

Quote Originally Posted by eFFe View Post
    Curse sucks, Wowinterface is 10x better for addons

If they make any pay to read service I'm gone.

worldofraids.com here I come!
    Curse owns World of Raids as well. Apparently you don't pay attention to anything on that site either.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Boub has everything under control. We're not going to die.

... yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much will change. Grats Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    That reputation was created by idiots. If you lack the common sense of checking wether you're actually on the right site and dowloading the right stuff, its your fault. You cannot accuse Curse for people being stupid enough to click on wrong links @ google. And the adverts, well, its not Curse's fault there are some with spyware or anything, its the ad-providers fault.
    I had heard that there was a problem with the Curse Client that was feeding virii to people. That is what I am referring to basically.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in