Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams

This isn't our horde anymore.

In so many recent threads, theres a mix of reactions to the changes happening in the horde in cata. The changing of Thralls noble leadership, to the brute savage leadership of Garrosh is the main factor in all this, but its more then just that.

With Thrall gone, there is little that can be done to put the more savage orcs in check.
    Cairnes death also has the horde lose one of its wisest members, who also lead with honor and nobility
    Vol'jin too has had enough of it, so the horde loses his spirital guidance.

As well as the fact Sylvanas has gone completely mad and verging on the title of Lich Queen, and as always, bloodelves get nothing new.

If someones trying to convince you this is the same horde we played for the last 5-6 years, heres the reality of the situation. Its not.
    When you have the heroes that represent a faction as this leaving, dying or going mad, it changes the whole ethos of it.

The sad part, is how our characters have to bare witness to this other horde.

Of course there be those that think this is a good thing, how they like change in this, the kind of people that think its good to break somethings thats not broken.

This also goes on the back of all the alliance fanboyz who have been crying about how nothings happening with there faction. Fact is though, at least they still have there same alliance and its values. Unlike them, the horde isn't the same anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your Horde stopped being awesome when you accepted those fairy boys into your ranks, whose quickly grew to outnumber all of you. I can't help but feel regret for the tragedy that is, the race that was forced upon you in TBC.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av1JPq0Qmy4
    Deal with it...
    Oh, and Sylvanas was always mad, you just didn't pay attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lichfury View Post
    Your Horde stopped being awesome when you accepted those fairy boys into your ranks, whose quickly grew to outnumber all of you. I can't help but feel regret for the tragedy that is, the race that was forced upon you in TBC.
    Stop pretending that you're not butthurt by the fact those very fairies killed you in BGs (Since I assume you're alliance)

OT, I like the new Horde. Thrall is too soft which he even admits. Alliance wanted war well, they can have it. Ohai Dragonmaws driving their newly tamed Black Dragons
    Last edited by mmocadda1d7289; 2010-07-20 at 11:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Change is part of a game that is in constant evolution.

It's contradicting to want to live constantly with a certain feel, when obviously it gets boring to have more of the same all the time.

Where is it written that Horde will always be the same, follow the same goal, etc?
    From good guys to bad guys, to good-turned-bad guys, to bad-turned-good guys, and ofcourse to Hogger, there's got to be something rustling the world and making it interesting and fresh to the old and new players alike.

The only thing I find silly is the lack of events.
    I hope there will be in-game events for these important lore moments - such as power take-overs or assassinations (tho if it's meant to be a stealth kill doesn't make much sense... still I wonder how someone might one-shot Cairne when it takes a raid to kill him).

Just stopping by a place and see it completely changed with no transition isn't interesting at all, let alone immersive.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2010-07-20 at 11:11 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

It stopped being our Horde when faction changes opened up and the Alliance who thought Horde was good at PvP came over and screwed it up for us.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Stop pretending that you're not butthurt by the fact those very fairies killed you in BGs (Since I assume you're alliance)

OT, I like the new Horde. Thrall is too soft which he even admits. Alliance wanted war well, they can have it. Ohai Dragonmaws driving their newly tamed Black Dragons
    Also, this. I'd rather have fairies than squid goats.

atleast garrosh doesnt like the fact that the general dude in stonetalon bombed an druid village so to me it seems some saurfangs "dont be such a dumb child" arguements have made its way through garrosh's thick skull after all.

Dont look at me, I voted for Basic Campfire.

The horde has been changing sincee its time on Draenor.
    Thrall will keep checking in on the horde time to time, while Garrosh will do his best.
    Cairne is dead yes, but we have his son and im pretty sure he will be as wise if not wiser.
    And Voljin...he respects Thrall so he will support Garrosh even if he isnt 100% with him.

Are you mad? The only bad thing about letting Cairne go is that Maghata and the grimtotems are not taking over Thunder Bluff. Thrall is a noble character but with Varian the Retard as opponent we need a WARchief not PEACEchief we had so far. For Sylvanas... what did you expect? That she will let aliance outnumber her? She needs troops. She makes them. Wow, what a surprise. Thank the maker she's on our side, as I pity the Worgen when she gets to their asses. Voljin isn't going anywhere - he and Garrosh need to settle the score, they will, some day. Belves are dull as always in terms of action happening, but that was obvious - they are Blizzard's least favorite horde race. Finally - we're getting Goblins, one of coolest and resourceful races in game. The horde is growing better than ever. No longer we sit idly when Aliance pokes us in the nose accusing of beeing beasts and savages. If it's the war and bloodlust they want, it be war and bloodlust they shall have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay where to star. First of all, the phrase is don't fix it if its not broken, not don't break it if its not broken, and there not breaking anything. The world is evolving did you expect sylvanas to be completely okay after everything? Did you expect thrall to sit on his throne in org for ever? Well you probably did, but you shouldn't have.

Rulers, wise, spiritually and strong leaders still have to stop ruling at some point, nothing lasts for ever.

You can hate me for liking change, but I think its people who are afraid of change that are the problem.

So is this the same horde we've been in for the past 5-6 years? Yes, yes it is. The leaders have changed but it is still the same horde.

And I'll end on this note; if everything in both horde and alliance stayed the same for 7+ years, things would really start to get stale. The world needed some more story to it, and now its got it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas is the Horde's Lich King. She stood dormat inside of the bowels of the Undercity taking up a time to strike. Now that she has a time to strike, and the resources of the recently weakend scourge (Granted it was about 3-5 mins time that the Scourge lacked a Lich King. There is a high possibility within that short amount of time that more corpses and scourge where set free from the grasp of the Lich King).

I like Garrosh over Thrall. He has a true sense of where the horde should be going. Thrall wanted to make peace, and his leadership started to frail out and lack enough goods to please the Horde. From what I've seen from the beta I can tell that Garrosh is changed from the blood thirsty orc we see in Northrend to a wise leader. He quotes either the Elder Saurfang or Tirion Fordring at some point.

Vol'jin, I feel that the exile from Orgrimmar was needed. Though it was forcefully (assumption) they needed to make room for the trusty green midgets.

Baine Bloodhoof can fill the hoove-steps (Play on Foot Steps.. Tauren lack feet) of his father, but it might take sometime. The Tauren could remain with the horde if they please, but they are tied to a life debt to the orcs.

The Blood Elves... They can just go die for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lichfury View Post
    Worgen will return balance to this situation

The Horde stopped being the great thing it was in WC3 as soon as the Forsaken joined. Blood Elves made it worse, and Goblins are the nail in the coffin.

Sure, this new Horde might be cool to some, but the idea of the Shamanistic, caring, nature-loving Horde that Thrall founded is laughable now.

Deleted
    A wise author once answered a question about killing off a major character in his books. 'Did you feel bad when he died', of course the reader replied 'Yes.'

'Then as a writer I have done my job, I have made you empathise with a fictional character and cast.'

I think the changes are great, the horde is fracturing without Thralls guidance and I hope to see some awesome PVE encounters based around either Sylvanus or Garrosh finally snapping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    It stopped being our Horde when faction changes opened up and the Alliance who thought Horde was good at PvP came over and screwed it up for us.
    Sorry, we're speaking of lore terms, not about about players.

OT: I am still wondering how Taurens can bear with undeads crawling their lands, Mana-addicted cruel elves and reckless nature-destroyers (goblins).

While the Alliance share the ideals of nobilty and they are all under the same banner of Light, hence keeping a certain code of conduit more or less, the horde has a pout-pourrie of races that stick toghether just for power balance. If it wasn't for that, we would see DerpDerp Garrosh in serious difficulty with impending betrayal from all sides.

Go Horde, stick toghether, while it lasts for OFF-RP balancing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    With Thrall gone, there is little that can be done to put the more savage orcs in check.

Vol'jin too has had enough of it, so the horde loses his spirital guidance.

As well as the fact Sylvanas has gone completely mad and verging on the title of Lich Queen
    Um.. "You are Dismissed" Quote ring any bells? He's keeping the Orcs in check, he basically dropped a Commander off the bluffs in Stonetalon, because he bombed a village full of innocent people.

Vol'jin is staying with the Horde, after having a conversation with Thrall, as he was considering leaving the Horde, he's chosen to stay, as Thrall's words made him decide otherwise.

Sylvanas might be dismissed eventually if Garrosh finds out she disobeyed a direct order.

Garrosh has changed, he may be savage, but he has his honor, Saurfang showed him the true meaning to be Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    The Horde stopped being the great thing it was in WC3 as soon as the Forsaken joined. Blood Elves made it worse, and Goblins are the nail in the coffin.

Sure, this new Horde might be cool to some, but the idea of the Shamanistic, caring, nature-loving Horde that Thrall founded is laughable now.
    It's basically what it was on Draenor, read your lore! The only difference is that there were no cities and all of the clans were seperated. I agree that we're taking 'too' much peace, but atleast in Cataclysm we'll be raping Alliance scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    I expect half of you are alliance fanboyz who don't really give a crap about what happens to the horde, and would be happier if it was an evil faction you could beat up on a daily basis. I also believe none of you could imagine how you'd feel if your own faction changes in the way the horde is going to, but you pretend otherwise.

So many shallow posters here..

At least it seems that now leaders have 'personality'. Driven away from stereotypes of 'we are all a family' and 'justice for all'. Proper characters have passions, obsessions, weaknesses and unique code of morality. Otherwise its just boring.