Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, well I reworked my shopping list from earlier to include a 750W power supply and 6GB of DDR3.

Video Card
    Power Supply+Memory
    Processor+Motherboard

Totals out at around $780 after rebates. So lets call my budget $800, and let you maniacs lose and see what you can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Ok, well I reworked my shopping list from earlier to include a 750W power supply and 6GB of DDR3.

Video Card
    Power Supply+Memory
    Processor+Motherboard

Totals out at around $780 after rebates. So lets call my budget $800, and let you maniacs lose and see what you can come up with.

E-gads that mother board is expensive. Other than that it all looks good though I would get a new case to hold all that goodness. I have an antec 300 and love it.

BTW the gtx 460 is way over kill for wow. The 5770 you linked first would do wow at ultra just fine.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post

Video Card
    Power Supply+Memory
    Processor+Motherboard

Looks, good, I don't gone go in detail mobo picks, sorry just too lazy and there are persons more up to date then me here, btw I linked EVGA products by chance I have no special preference for them whatsoever, the info I have is that they are pretty good though.
    The power supply is a bit overkill, but it is a very good option, very good price/quality factor, having more juice is always better then less, it's overkill but a good one..
    The 460, for wow alone a 5770 is plenty, IMO though the 460 is the "cheap" king atm, it's overkill for wow but a much more complete option outside of wow, much more capable, without being a theft on price, that said if in the 460 way then 1GB version all the way, it pays off specially on high resolutions, aa, and so on.

ED. The memory, you can't really go 6GB with that setup, well you can but wither have to use 2 1GB modules or throw dual channel out the window, both crap options, so either 4GB or 8GB, 8 is overkill, 4GB is fine although I would be happier with a bit more, but the dam dual channel issue screws me a bit here.
    Last edited by Enola; 2010-07-21 at 04:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, switched some more things up to fix the RAM issue going to 4GB of DDR3. I was gonna swap the video card back to the 5770, however after reading some of the newegg reviews I didn't swap from the 460(checked on the 1gb and it is out of stock), and back to the 500W power supply.

Video Card
    Power Supply
    RAM
    Processor

Pretty sure, this is now a collective knowledge list from several of you. Now I believe all I'm missing is a good motherboard option.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2010-07-21 at 07:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    • If you're going to get the GTX 460, get the 1GB version. Also, there's really nothing wrong with a 5770. I run ultra with no issues on mine.
    • A 500W power supply (especially one with dual +12V rails pushing 18A each) really isn't going to be enough with a Fermi graphics card (the GTX 460), and it would be borderline for any other mid-range or higher graphics card. I'd suggest a good single +12V rail PSU in the 650W range as a minimum.
    • The RAM is decent. It's the same stuff I use. Not the fastest, but gets the job done.
    • Good CPU choice, especially if you decide you want to overclock.
    • For motherboards, I'd suggest this for non-SLI and this for an SLI setup, but I'm partial to Gigabyte motherboards

The XFX PSU you linked first really is pretty good, its one of the best options in that range in the market atm, basically it's a very good seasonic unity, ok it is a bit overkill, but there's nothing wrong with it if you can afford it, and will probably last 1 or more builds easily, while keeping good efficiency probably never going above 60% load.
    The usual recommendation here is the Corsair TX-650, and there's nothing wrong with it, but for 10 more buck's that XFX is totally worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking those suggestions into account, I found a 1GB 5770 combo with the XFX PSU, and this is what the list currently is. Priced at just south of $700 after rebates. Now my next question is, if I were to stick with this setup, are these components I'm going to be able to install myself. Or is it best left to the professionals?

RAM
    Motherboard+Processor
    Power Supply+Video Card
    Last edited by Gracin; 2010-07-21 at 04:04 PM.