MFClip VT Question

Hey,

recently I've been reading a lot about Shadow Priests (to help improve my DPS) and I've read a lot about the importance of not clipping VT, however, according to my MFClip the last 1-2 seconds or so, VT doesn't actually do any damage so I'm not sure why it is important not to clip it (due to the fact there is nothing to clip?) :S

I'm just wondering if this is an error with MFClip or if this is correct?

Oh and also, is there a crit cap? (I assume it's 100%?).

Sorry for being a n00b xD haha.

You don't clip it because it ticks when it falls off, and it would be a waste to not have that extra tick (waste of a global).
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    You don't clip it because it ticks when it falls off, and it would be a waste to not have that extra tick (waste of a global).

Okay, so basically there is a delay of 1-2 seconds for the final tick of VT? Or am I misunderstanding? MFClip doesn't show this.
    Last edited by Senium; 2010-07-21 at 07:04 AM.

if i read this correctly this should help u understand, or make me look dumb.... vt lasts 15 seconds so with no haste at all it will tick every 3 seconds 5x3 = 15 so it wil tick 5 times (which is labeled in BOLD)

15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

so there is no delay in the last tick, which is why you cast VT when there is 1 seconds left on it (depending on how much haste u have)because of the cast time to reapply

and in most cases it means clipping mf

hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    it does damage but th combat log or the addon you have fails to display it in time.
    Same happens with MF you have to let it finish cast it and then you see the damage from the last tick on your combat log
    Try to make the timing precise enough so the next VT lands the moment the previous one fades

While people will tell you never to clip your VT, don't expect to ever become a pro at it. As you gear up with haste, your timing will constantly be changing, and unless you're some sort of super human, you'll NEVER get it perfect.

Dot timers help a lot though.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

If you're looking for a great DoT-Timer that'll help you with knowing when to start casting VT to avoid clipping, grab EventHorizon_Continued off of wowinterface. It's awesome for helping prevent over-riding dots.

As for the problem where VT isn't ticking on the las second, it all depends on lag. If you have a lag-spike (or even just high-lag) near the end, the information-request back to your client can delay long enough that MFClip counts it as an overwrite (because you are already casting VT)

10+ Year Old Account
    Forte Xorcist > Event Horizon

Higher functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Forte Xorcist > Event Horizon

Higher functionality.
    I use eventhorizon to only track DP+VT and my MB cooldown. For DoT-Durations on multiple targets I make use of DocsNameplates with the handy little dot-timer built in on each nameplate. I don't try and use EventHorizon for anything more than it was designed to do, and thus I love it

15+ Year Old Account
    NeedToKnow > all
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the highlighted area during the last ~1.5 seconds of VT on the MFClip bars?

This shows you when it is safe to start casting VT again. It still ticks, but because of its cast time, you have a ~1.5s or so buffer time between when you start and stop casting for that last tick to go through. Basically, if you start casting VT while your timer is within that highlighted area, you will reapply VT without clipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down