thoughts on this pc

I am considering buying a pc with the following components and wanted some feedback.I want to do 25 mans with ultra settings.

i5 quad 750 oc to 3.5ghz
    asrock p55mpro 1156
    ocz ddr3 1600 4gb
    nvidia 9800gtx+
    500 gb hd
    stock cooling fan
    500 watt ps
    Last edited by hornedone; 2010-07-21 at 12:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The video card is a bit weak if you plan to play anything other than WoW. It should handle WoW on ultra, though. The CPU could overclock farther, but 3.5GHz on an i5 750 isn't terrible. You should get probably 30+ fps in 25-man raids with ultra, maybe minus a few ticks of shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to customize the PC before purchasing? 25 mans on ultra with that card won't be amazing. I only have a GTX 260 and even that is a bit comparable to the one on your list and when I used to play WoW, I would still get an amazing fps drop in 25 mans with the shadows turned off. At the same time though the CPU on your list is a lot nicer than mine. I have a Q6600 OCed to 3Ghz and yours comes stock at 3.5 ;D. And WoW likes the CPU a lot more than the GPU when it comes to frames. I would still try a better card than that though to be safe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    The video card is a bit weak if you plan to play anything other than WoW. It should handle WoW on ultra, though. The CPU could overclock farther, but 3.5GHz on an i5 750 isn't terrible. You should get probably 30+ fps in 25-man raids with ultra, maybe minus a few ticks of shadows.
    To be fair, i would imagine he will get 40+ fps in 25mans, as wow is so CPU hungry, the 3.5ghz i5 will run a treat, and atm i get 25 fps in 25man raids on ultra (inc shadows) so i would imagine he will get somewhat better performance.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was talking minimum framerate, not average framerate like so many other people like to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    I was talking minimum framerate, not average framerate like so many other people like to use.
    Ah, fair does :P

The only game i will be playing is wow at 1920x1080 resolution.The gpu i already have, it's only 30 days old and i have a 90 day step-up option so i can upgrade if I'm not satisfied with fps.