Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fresh Beta build

Ok so i was like wtf..... Major changes all across the board , well ok not necessarily changes but fixes and all that... i`m anxious to see what priest get and find all they did was turn a crap talent in2 an even crappier one... that`s it... no updates on shadow , nothing of intereset at all... Cheers blizz

Well it was mainly lock and pally shine time this time

its still crap. i was looking as well at hunter : counterattack no longer costs mana... Major Impact this has... same with the mages : nothing really major just abilities gained at other lvls... my point is rather than disappoint us with things like this just don`t post them at all

Quote Originally Posted by kelevandros View Post
    Well it was mainly lock and pally shine time this time
    What did Warlocks and Paladins get that was so shining?

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chell82 View Post
    its still crap. i was looking as well at hunter : counterattack no longer costs mana... Major Impact this has... same with the mages : nothing really major just abilities gained at other lvls... my point is rather than disappoint us with things like this just don`t post them at all
    Hunters don't have many anymore.
    I am also disappointed with Blizzard's change with talent points.
    Should have kept them at 51 points and did what they are doing with primary abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by admielke View Post
    no idea about warlock but you gotta see the new tier 11 for paladins
    a whole new mighty morphin pally ranger design ! :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVYT0iyhCUQ nuff said

Are you kidding ? i was making a retri build just now... wouldn`t be surprised if the end of wotlk is gonna be a revamp of the end of tbc where paladins in greens would pwn bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sick of seeing our 1-4 line changes in every update while every other class/spec has a wall of text seriously...

i want them to fix my shadow spec its so sad right now

Did you even read the class notes :P ? Pala got huge changes....almost a total overhaul of the ret spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fucking hate how moonkins get a 30 yards (wtf!) AOE sleep, which was (though as single target) a priest spell in vanilla beta. We even had an AOE sleep attached to divine hymn for the first few patches of WOTLK.

And now moonkins get to sleep people?!
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Shine as in "got attention", not as in "got super".

The holy tree just got worse. Again. And that was the only change to priests at all, beyond cosmetics.

Seriously though, making a holypriest now is a struggle. There are about three awesome talents in the tree.
    - Body and Soul
    - Guardian Spirit (despite being buggy, it's great)
    - Circle of Healing (despite being nerfed, it's not a bad spell)

The rest are either stupid talent dumps..
    - Empowered Healing
    - Improved Healing
    - Improved Renew

... or way too costly considering their rather weak effect ...
    - Inspiration (not worth 3 talent points, and you all know it)
    - Test of Faith (it's good, but 3 precious pts is worth more than a measly 12%)
    - Divine Fury (which went up in cost and down in effect, relatively).
    - Empowered Renew (The first talent point is well spent, but the next two? Not really)
    - Holy Concentration (I don't think it's worth 3 talent points unless you buff it. And to make spirit worthwhile, you have to)

... or just plain retarded ...
    - Lightwell (hey, I hear it's going to be great in 2028!)
    - Improved Death (any talent you have to sugar-sweeten is broken, and that's a lot of sugar we are then balanced against)
    - Heavenly Voice (previously known as chorus leader, it still sucks just as much)
    - Deliverance (serendipity was very situational; a nerfed version of it is not going to be useful)
    - Binding Prayers (I much loved the -20% to PoH/ProM's manacost. This talent only buffs very situational heals )

... or in need of extra work ...
    - Surge of Light (still lowers your throughput, also a newbie-trap if you take more than 1 pt)
    - Improved Holy Nova (also a newbie-trap given low amounts of haste)
    - Chakra (At the end of the day, this talent adds extra complexity and less freedom to the healer)

I'm glad we're still only in beta... but the fact that they are doing polish now is disheartening. Because right now, making a holy specc is a struggle against avoiding the stupid talents it's possible to avoid, and figuring out whether to take the mandatory talent dumps or the awesome talents that I love and cherish.

I have to say I don't feel comfortable with the disc tree. I've always been a PVE healer so looking to the new tree makes me feel like PVE will not be better in cataclysm. I admit the mechanics of evangelism + archangel as a new regen/sp is interesting and unique, just like this spec which is very specific in the game and this is what I always found special.

I don't have any beta access so I would be very interested with some feedback on some points because right now I have to say I'm lost (don't flame in case of naive questions please) :

1-What about real mana regen in cataclysm? Do we need to foresee archangel as a mandatory regen system for PVE disc?
    2-If yes, stacking up 5 evangelisms for 5x15% manabase is it worth the 15% total mana income?
    3-In a previous build I saw a hit talent for holy spells but it was removed. In case archangel remains mandatory, will we have to gear hit not to miss smite on bosses (I still don't understand how we will deal damage on bosses without hit score sorry)
    4-Trying to stack up evangelism leads to no significant healing during that time (I'm not convinced atonement will be of any significant help in raid). Having a healer trying to damage bosses to increase SP and regen sounds counter effective to me.

Can some disc priest give any feedback on those questions please? Any (constructive) remark/answer/comment is also very welcome!

PS : sorry for my bad English, French people are not very famous for their languages skills

It's inevitable. Every time a patch comes out that doesn't make the priests the most important topic at all times, people think the world is ending.

I will say that the druid sleep is a real pisser. As stated, it was a priest skill many moons ago, and it gives druids another CC and continues to leave priests with nothing but shackle.

I don't even think I said it was the end of the world, just some points remain very not clear to me? It was certainly not a QQ post.

Danner has some good thoughts on the subject but I'll leave holy to the holy priests without having beta access. But for holy and for disc, I'm just going to /facepalm now.

Disc is waaay too bloated right now. Taking all the talents that seem like they'll be useful in a world where mana matters, we get to the bottom of the tree but we're a few points over where it seems a lot of other specs are. 33 points will get you everything in disc, leaving out Imp Mana Burn, Reflective Shield, Focused Will and Atonement (and if you think Evangelism+Archangel will be necessary in the tree for regen or throughput, Atonement might be necessary since we're not healing during all those Smites).

Not sure where we could trim points in disc right now. Everything seems contributory to either regen or throughput, but maybe that's the choice they want us to make. But where are all the fun/utility talent choices you promised with these talent revamps?! Was it Reflective Shield? Atonement fits that bill, but will it be necessary if we have to lean on Evangelism+Archangel? I did notice the inclusion of Power Infusion in this build... thank you very much for putting that back in our tree!! I think this would make Inner Focus baseline for all priests, and that is probably a good call. If Omen of Clarity is going trainable, Inner Focus should probably follow the same logic.

But after our 33 points in disc, we dip over to holy for the rest. Ultimate goal there has to be Inspiration. Empowered Healing will be necessary to max our throughput (will disc scaling still be an issue in Cata?). Divine Fury looks to be the same, but maybe with Borrowed Time we could skip this and... pick up Imp Renew? Either way we have to get down to the second tier in holy for Inspiration, but I really think Inspiration needs to go to 1 or 2 points. Resto shaman get the same effect for 2 points on ANY heal crit, while priests spend an extra point for the same effect (though Inspiration does cover quite a few of our heals so all I'm highlighting here is the point difference needed to get the same effect).

I don't know, disc seems a bit bloated and our cool additions of Evangelism+Archangel and Atonement I'm just not sure on yet since I'm not in the beta. Can anyone in the beta offer some feedback on mana and whether Eva+Archangel seem necessary? If so, is Atonement therefore necessary?

@Blizz, I really hope the lack of priest changes here doesn't mean that you think our trees are done. I'm pretty meh right now on disc and holy :-/ Here's hoping for future beta updates (and yes, I know this is still beta, thats why we're giving feedback )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still a bit disappointed in the Holy tree. There are hardly any choices to be made, and I thought that was the entire point of talents in Cataclysm.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I'm sick of seeing our 1-4 line changes in every update while every other class/spec has a wall of text seriously...

All that says is that other classes need a TON of work, probably for the wrong reasons. I expect next patch there will be more changes to Shadow and disc, but other then that...

We've always been the easiest to balance, I think.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, dear Lord.

People, stop getting disappointed every new build that the priest trees don't get the revamp bat taken to them yet. There's ten freaking classes in the game. They can only do so much at once, you know.

Our time will come. Patience. It's a virtue. Stop acting like internet memes and get some. In bulk.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Mmm. I'd take that talent, Fenix, but the talents boosting my ability to QQ are just a whole lot better considering the current content. ^^