Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Post What is your most memorable raiding moment ever?

I looked through some of the older threads here and did not see one that related to the topic I wanted to reply to so I decided to just start one. Forgive me in advance if this is redundant in any way, shape or form.

I am what you could call a semi-hardcore raider as I actively raid with two of my 8 80's on the Velen server. I am sure that everyone of us has a few of these moments.
    This happened while I was with my previous guild when we were in Naxx-25. We had wiped on an earlier attempt on KT's life and the raid leader was just about to pull when in vent, a fellow hunter said "BRB in 2 mins, I gotta take a shower". We all LOL'd and thought it was hilarious. That is until we realized he was dead serious. He was AFK and we were all in vent going "WTF?! Are you serious?!" We did end up proceeding without him and ended up wiping *keep in mind, this was when Naxx first came out* and of course, he died as well. We all got back and decided to kick him from the raid but then realized that as long as his body was still physically there in front of KT, we could not bring in his replacement.

Good times...../sarcasm

Malpractyce Night Elf Priest
    Laressa Night Elf Hunter
    Mauraoak Human Paladin
    Clemency Human Rogue
    Laurenna Night Elf Druid
    Statyc Draenei Shaman
    Locksleigh Human Warlock
    Lauressa Human Death Knight

all 80's, all ally, on Velen - US
    Last edited by onenation777; 2010-07-21 at 08:30 AM. Reason: added relevant info

Mine was during Ulduar! I had just applied to a serious progression guild and they were starting up Vezax. The DK they put in charge of the Death Gripping failed so a boomkin and ele shaman made an attempt to do his job for him. Epic fail, but epic win all at the same time!

Useally happens when 2 or more healers die before 60%

Good times

In TBC when one of the priests Mind Soothed Gruul when he was really drunk <3 healer chat and its random dares

When I was total WotLK hero scrub who tried to lead my first Naxx10 raid. Me and a guildmate were healers and none of us knew what to do whatsoever. First boss up was Anub'rekhan. I don't need to say what happened...

EDIT: I even have a screenshot of it somewhere... Just give me time to look it up

That's my first time ever stepping inside an instanced raid... 16k mana as holy paladin... Amazing :P
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2010-07-22 at 06:32 PM.

getting a top 50 c'thun kill, what a cluster F of a boss.

Feeling like an action hero when I died in the enemy gunship and used a combination of reincarnation, rocket boots and rocket pack to escape muradin with a few yards.

The last 5% on Archimonde pre-nerf. Raidleader just screaming 'FUCKING NUKE HIM COME ON!' good times, awesome boss.

Deleted
    Writing in hunter chat on the 500th attempt at nefarion back in vanilla: "We're gonna get him this time!"

And we did..

awesome feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan, you will always live inside me <3

1. Nerd screams after first LK kill.

2. In ulduar pulling Kolo cus he just poped up out of no where :O

Having my ear drums broken from the nerd screams in vent after downing mimiron hard mode pre nerf... Good times

Clearing whole of Karazhan in 1 night with my really casual guild. Got guild first Prince kill and guild first Netherspite kill within the same hour. Was just one of those nights when spirits were high and nothing could stop us. Not hardcore but sure has a special place in my memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first time in ICC someone in the vent said, "Sure it's big enough, but look at the location!" Shrek refrence FTW

Must've been when we went into Naxx10 for the weekly - Noth - once. Lots of overgearing people, so we managed to get him down to 1-2% percent before the first teleport.

Unfortunately, he had dots on him, so he died on the platform. It was a bit of a fail, but funny.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Must've been Karazhan for me. Switched main from my rouge to enhancement shaman. Long story short: The other members created a macro with "Gz Kuchi" since I won +14 epics :P

Our guilds 1st Rag kill, me on my war with my arcanite reaper! Followed by 40 screaming nerds. Followed 2ndly finishing the Thunderfury questline. Having 1/4 of the server there and getting random tells after wards congratulating me

Deleted
    During TBC, it was Hydross in SSC.. I was playing my lvl 70 Lock.
    What happened was, during one of the swap moments when all the adds spawned and the boss resetted threat, I noticed that I still had my Curse of Doom on the boss, which was probably going to make me overaggro. I was praying that this wouldn't happen, not knowing that putting up a different curse would remove the Curse of Doom...
    So of course I did overaggro when the Curse of Doom finished, the boss ran towards me over the phasing spot, so another wave of adds spawned, then the tank taunted back the boss and we suddenly had 3 packs of adds -> wipe!!

Good times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    The last 5% on Archimonde pre-nerf. Raidleader just screaming 'FUCKING NUKE HIM COME ON!' good times, awesome boss.

You mean the last 15%?

think it had to be a few years ago
    i was sitting at my computer about to enter Molten Core. with a angry girlfriend watching TV from my bed and 2 mistresses on the phone wanting atention. and i was like screw it! im going MC!
    aaah the good times
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-