Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What about Burning Crusade?

So yeah we've heard about flying mounts in azeroth but their hasnt been much on it yet. Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be able to fly in the BC areas, Ghostlands, eversong, azuremyst, bloodmyst. I know that if you fly up to the top of SMC (in a private server or a sandbox beta/alpha theres nothing up there cause players arent meant to be up there so why bother. Well if we get flying mounts in Azeroth in Cataclysm, will we be able to use them in BC areas, and the places will be completed?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

15+ Year Old Account
    Its that or annoying invisible walls. I think the whole idea was to unify the world and remove a lot of its boundries. If they just add invisible walls, they lose that purpose

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... Actually a really good question. On the top of my head, i'm going with "Yes we should be able to.." but then again, there's plenty of "They ain't touching BC and WotLK stuff"... so yeh, that's a really good question.. :O
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

15+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to fly there, but you still need to "zone in" the old way.
    Dawwwwwww

Well Ghostlands and Draenei Islands are in Azeroth so I guess we can fly there
    musicakalife.tumblr.com (<- my blog for metal and rock music)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    That's... Actually a really good question. On the top of my head, i'm going with "Yes we should be able to.." but then again, there's plenty of "They ain't touching BC and WotLK stuff"... so yeh, that's a really good question.. :O
    exactly, I'm wondering if they'll ever touch BC stuff again but then, in patch 3.2(I think) they added in the flying mounts person and stables in Hellfire Peninsula to both the beginning bases so... oh plus that place in Un'Goro with the waygate to Sholozar Basin with all the lvl 76's and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinco View Post
    Well Ghostlands and Draenei Islands are in Azeroth so I guess we can fly there
    but they are islands, and you can only get there through boat

maybe they'll just expand the portal to ghostlands that even when flying you'll zone in.
    but until they won't redo silvermoon for flying nothing is sure yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    but they are islands, and you can only get there through boat

maybe they'll just expand the portal to ghostlands that even when flying you'll zone in.
    but until they won't redo silvermoon for flying nothing is sure yet
    I know, just wanna see what everyone else thought bout it.

Dont see why not.

Deleted
    I can imagine they'll let us.
    On the other hand if a person only has a vanilla account the shouldn't be able to get there.... So probably a zone in like it was right now.
    Giving vanilla account holders the invisible wall or something.

Deleted
    On another note, regarding the fact that they won't change the BC areas:

i literally can't wait to level my goblin warrior through the Hellfire Peninsula, where just about every plate quest reward has int, strength and spellpower on it...
    wish they would do something about that, the itemization there is still somewhat horrible

I'm wondering if they'll let people with Vanilla accounts fly at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    I'm wondering if they'll let people with Vanilla accounts fly at all.
    Probably not, I doubt they'll add new flying trainers in azeroth since you can't get it till 60 and first place you have to go is hellfire.

In that case, isn't this topic irrelevant? If Vanilla players can't fly, then there is no reason to not allow flight to the Burning Crusade areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

My guess is blizzard will move the bc-server located areas like ghostlands and quel danas to the azeroth servers so you will be able to fly there.
    I cannot imagine they will introduce invisible walls north of epl.

10+ Year Old Account
    ATM you will just get the loading screen if you fly to one of those areas. No confirmation what-so-ever for what the goal is.

Deleted
    Silvermoon / Exodar, just like everything in Vanilla Azeroth, weren't designed with flying in mind. Therefore, rather than 3D models they used 2D portraits, and thats why they had to redesign Old World for flying mounts. So if they were to enable flying in Exodar/SM, they would need to do the same - make 3D city models FROM SCRATCH. That is ALOT of work to do. It isn't as simple as adding them into the Azeroth servers and you can suddenly fly over Silvermoon looking beautiful and 3D.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Siege of the Burning Gates!
    Level cap raised to 90!
    Demon Hunter hero class starting at level 65!
    Revamped zones and the perfection of phasing technology!
    All new Draenei and Blood Elf starting experiences!
    All new 58-68 leveling experiences!
    All new zones of Draenor, NEVER EXPLORED BEFORE!

Come, finish the Burning Legion once and for all! Kil'jaeden is waiting!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You currently can't fly in Exodar area, you get the "can not use that here" message when trying to mount a flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdition View Post
    Probably not, I doubt they'll add new flying trainers in azeroth since you can't get it till 60 and first place you have to go is hellfire.
    There's a flying (and regular mount) trainer in SW right next to the flight path, she teaches regular flying, epic flying, CWF and also teaches ground mounts however the requirements are still the same as they are on live (lvl 60/70/77)

Sigh...another pointless thread concerning things that the average person could figure out on their own. First, Blizzard has already stated that they're going to remodel these areas, along with all of Azeroth. Second, anyone with an ounce of common sense would tell you that you're going to be able to fly in these zones, and that they'll be moved to the Azeroth servers. It really doesn't make sense to run into an invisible wall while questing, exploring, or flying in an area. Blizzard is a top notch company, and I hope you expect them to put out a better product than that. The only reason the zones were on the Outland server in the first place was to force people into buying the BC expansion. Four years later, the business model has moved on to a different design. Do you really think that the new 80-85 zones won't be accessible to people without the new expansion? No, they just won't be allowed to recieve the quests in those areas. You're not going to run into some magical seperate instance while trying to crossover from Felwood, Moonglade, Winterspring, Azshara, and Ashenvale into Mt. Hyjal. Same thought pattern goes into the Twilight Highlands. The only zones that will be instanced on a different server are the Maelstrom, Deepholm, and Vashhj'ir because they're going to eventually host the South Seas content. Use some common sense. This is essentially the 20th or so thread asking the same query, and the response is to always use common sense before posting.