Thread: solo build?

solo build?

So I am going to see if I can solo any old 70 heroics, I doubt it being cloth but we'll see...

Anyway if anyone has any success with priest builds let me know

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuh...fxtI0bVdbh:oub

suggestions would be awesome, thanks!

A more defensive build is:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuhhiRckrfRtf0tI0oAb

Hmm level 70 heroics shouldn't be too hard as a priest I don't think depending on your gear and spec. Though personally i'd probably go a pvp oriented shadow priest build. Fear, MC's Horror and VE/VT should do you quite well. I remember getting quite a way through HC botanica at level 70 so there's no reason why it shouldn't be possible now at level 80!

go shadow, 70 heroics are not that hard at all. you can easily solo mgt hc for the strider, which is contains by far the hardest hitting mobs (in groups of 5). standard-pvp-shadowspec will do, for glyphs pw:s(healing without shifting), dispersion(less downtime) and inner fire(against meleemobs) are recommended but not necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I sincerely doubt you can do it at all with a priest.

Believe it or not but some melee mobs actually hit like a truck.
    Yah I don't think so either, but i'll bang my head against a few walls for an hour or so and see what happens..

Quote Originally Posted by shadet
    i'd probably go a pvp oriented shadow priest build. Fear, MC's Horror and VE/VT should do you quite well. I remember getting quite a way through HC botanica at level 70 so there's no reason why it shouldn't be possible now at level 80!
    I thought about that, plus the disp would be a powerful cooldown...idk though

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuh...RczbfqfzVo:Ioq

Honestly though I don't think trash will be the biggest problem

I've done a lot of TBC heroics on my Druid/Pally/Dk in tanking specs and they hit hard even on plate.
    I have been doing them on my pally with decent prot gear and it's been time consuming but pretty easy

I just want to see if my priest can do any of them, even an easy one...just for the lols
    Last edited by Smoopie; 2010-07-22 at 04:04 PM.

well i did solo every 70 hc that contains engineering recipes(rolled engi 3.3 so 'had' to farm them) on my shadowpriest so i'm not underestimating anything. the mgt strider took me about 55 runs and i died about 3 times total in those 55 runs (due to some grouplinks just in front of the 3rd boss. 2 groups of them are fairly hard, but not impossible for a priest (as in DOT). granted, i have fairly good gear but i see no reason to not be able to solo it in 232 epics
    Last edited by notanarrogantwizard; 2010-07-22 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notanarrogantwizard View Post
    well i did solo every 70 hc on my shadowpriest so i'm not underestimating anything. the mgt strider took me about 55 runs and i died about 3 times in those runs (due to some grouplinks just in front of the 3rd boss. 2 groups of them are fairly hard, but not impossible for a priest (as in DOT). granted, i have fairly good gear but i see no reason to not be able to solo it in 232 epics
    Impressive tbh, i'd like to see those videos since as a Blood DK MGT HC is still quite a struggle in 232 gear!

10+ Year Old Account
    People severely underestimate trash packs
    MGT actually don't have the hardest hitting mobs, but they have the most difficult group combos when you are at 70, at 80 they aren't that bad and the instances with melee Naga/Orcs hit harder.
    Ravenguards in Sethekk Halls hc... They dual wield trucks, come in packs of two and are immune against any form of CC (except roots). They also have a small selfheal (Bloodthirst) and enrage when one of them dies.

If a lv80 Priest manages to solo them he must be Chuck Norris' alt.

Just to give you a heads up, I've tried soloing Ramps on my warrior with just a basic prot build (didn't use Bloodthirst/prot) and I didn't feel comfortable pulling more than 3-4 at a time. Like Maklor said, the melee mobs hit like a truck.
    Just another random troll.

No need to remind me I'm going there now to try to get the mount on my druid in a couple of mins, they aren't a problem for my Bear though - I believe they stun as well which can be annoying though.
    Yeah, druids have it so much easier to solo old content. Swipe spam usually gets you enough heals back to make up for any damage taken.
    Just another random troll.

Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    Ravenguards in Sethekk Halls hc... They dual wield trucks, come in packs of two and are immune against any form of CC (except roots). They also have a small selfheal (Bloodthirst) and enrage when one of them dies.

If a lv80 Priest manages to solo them he must be Chuck Norris' alt.
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8...2210182738.jpg

so i'm chuck norris' alt apparently. they are harder than you usual trashmob, yes. but nevertheless killable by a priest

edit: screenshots of 3rd and 4th boss in hc mgt with "herald of the titans"-gearset equipped (ilvl 226-232). if i can do it with this gear, your average priest can do it, too.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5...2210185535.jpg
    http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/3...2210185926.jpg

oh...and don't make fun of the ui...i'm chuck norris, remember?
    Last edited by notanarrogantwizard; 2010-07-22 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added mgt hc screenshots

15+ Year Old Account
    All 3 of the Hellfire heroics will be difficult for you. I tried doing BF with my priest in 234-245 gear shortly before ICC came out and needless to say that first pull owned my ass because they were 2 shotting me in cloth. As others have said, melee mobs will hit you like you're a wet noodle even as a lvl 80. People tend to underestimate the value that armor brings to the equation when it comes to melee things hitting you in cloth. Casters you should have no problem with because you'll find that you'll restist A LOT of their spells due to the lvl difference or they'll flat out miss (think about why we need spell hit). If you plan on soloing these BC heroics for gold I'd suggest finding another way of making gold that's easier (1 death will almost make it so your farming is voided). If you're doing it for the badges of justice I'd honestly suggest to get a small group of people together and run ZA, BT, and/or Kara. ZA is easily 5 manned with 1 tank 1 healer 3 dps. People still want to run Kara for the enchants that drop (and yes they are now a guarenteed drop if you are an enchanter). People still want to run BT for the Glaives but I'll tell you that Council will be the first cockblock in there because it actually takes people who know what they're doing to do it & then Illidan phases 2 & 3 can be another cockblock because generally people get into older pugs are idiots who never read up on boss strats and think they can just faceroll through all fights because they're max lvl and its "old content".

Horrible idea..sucked hard =P