Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    and btw, spell reflect is completly easy to counter, any decent spellcleave will just windshear/ rank1 agony/ rank1 icelance it. I play with 50ms, and if i wait after the half of the cast, spell reflect will just not go off in time thanks to casters having 1200 haste now, but they still have plenty of time to cancel and counter it.

LoS is a good way to counter spellcleave...until you get thunderfcked in the midle of the map or downstair in Dalaran arena (God i hate that map).

But i guess i'm arguing with someone defending spellcleaves so yeah... i might be losing my time there.
    Im not defending spellcleaves. Im just pointing out that Warrior is balanced assuming you wear full PvP gear and not wearing 800 resi, shadowmourne and 100% passive arp. Warriors in Wrathful gear are on par with other classes and because of the easily obtained shadowmourne they are far more popular than they should.

On the spell reflect. Even if you don't actually reflect anything the spell reflect can still save you. If a mage casts 1,5sec frostbolt on you and you use reflect on the end the cast he has to interrupt the cast then use a global cooldown on ice lance. After that he has to start another frostbolt cast.

So assuming the mage has a decent amount of haste. Frostbolt takes 1,5sec(cancelled) + 1sec Ice Lance + 1,5sec for another frostbolt.
    That means the mage is doing no damage for 4 seconds. Without any haste that would be 6,5 seconds with 0 damage.

Warriors got a tool for every situation, just use them.

Atleast when you use bladestorm it actually works 100% of the time.. If i had a dime for everytime i thunderstormed and nothing happened id be rich. No dmg. No knockback.. just a waste of my 45 sec CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified View Post
    Pressure them so hard that they have to use disarm, and then bladestorm. Also find out the hard way? You'll be affected once, thats it, im sure you'll be fine.
    Too bad all the QQers nowadays cant pressure someone wihtout using bladestorm

I wouldn't go out to say Bladestorm needs a huge buff, hell it can stay disarmable, but perhaps deal some recoil damage for trying to disarm it. Think about it, something is spinning around holding a giant goddamn weapon, and things like rogues can run in and disarm said giant goddamn weapon, taking little to no damage.

Only 3 classes can disarm, one of which requires you to spec into, so I think it's just fine.

Actually, 4 classes if you count a hunter with that one pet, or a MM hunter.

Rogue, warrior, MM hunter, spriest, fire mage. DK can grip you off the healer, mage can blink away from bladestorm, lock can portal, druid can shapeshift and gtfo.
    The only class that has COMPLETELY no counter for it is shaman, and this is true story.

Going off the topic, warriors are fine. What's wrong atm, are fucking spriests. Few weeks ago, I have met spriest/holy pala team. Yeah, you would think spriest should need a lot of time to kill an ele shaman with 1400 resi. We thought so too. They charged at us, spriest started dotting me up, I got stunned, I thought I should be fine since it was dps/healer setup. I trinketed it after I already lost 50% of hp after like 3 seconds, then I got silenced, and guess what, I was dead after another 3 seconds. So, to sum this up, an average spriest was able to do about 35k damage in 6 seconds, since I managed to cast 1 heal in the end and I dropped stoneclaw during silence. All that against 28k hp shaman with BiS PvP gear, 1400 resi, arena -20% dmg debuff.

Just to say something funny, I got a spriest myself, it's around 60 lvl right now, and I'm not really playing it now. I was able to destroy people just spamming devouring plague on bgs, I was able to dot 3 targets and just watch them all die while again, spamming devouring plague (yeah, as noobish as it is, but since it was taking 30% of people's hp if it crit...). I was always top dps, even though hunters should be, since pets are incredibly powerful at this level brackets.
    I did wrecking ball, ganking like 4 people that just kept spawning on their gy, while their team was zerging our gy. Yeah, they couldn't react, since after fear bomb was over, 3 of them were already dead or dying, and I was starting to dot rest of them up. Totally working as intended.

So yeah, you definitely are whining about the right class and skill. I think you should think again, or well, half of you are prolly playing spriests themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Actually, 4 classes if you count a hunter with that one pet, or a MM hunter.
    I'm not sure which pet has it, but I left out hunters because no decent hunter would ever bother wasting the time to disarm anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    What spell?
    Beacon of Light is a magic buff. It's dispellable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    On psychic horror.
    The reason you drop your weapon is due to fear. Dropping the weapon but not being effected by fear is kind of stupid.

Also are any other classes' 51 point talent nullified so easily?
    HfB is countered by being a dwarf! Gargoyle by a shackle, or instant cast turn evil. Starfall is countered by anything that can stun. Dispersion by massdispel, Guardian Angel by dispel, Killing spree can be countered by just standing ontop of eachother, lol. Shadow dance is probably the easiest ability in the game to counter. Metamorphisis by banish, turn evil. Titans grip counters itself. DRW becomes worthless in a cyclone/any cc. Berserk can be countered with Sleep or Cyclone. Beacon is countered by any offensive dispel.

The only 51 point cooldown-buffs that can't be countered is Feral Spirit.

A lot of 51 points can be countered easily. Some of them are just so bad it's irrelevant{hi2u Hfb}.

Warriors are killing *machines* They've never need 100% ArP, nor shadowmourn to be succesful. You can go the 1200 resil route, or the 800 resil route. They both work, and are both glad capable in the proper Setups. Can you go doublehealer with 1400 resil? probably not lol.

Human SPriest with DFO+CTC and 4pc t10.5 w/ full wrathful everything else DESTROYS people. Screw everything else, Human spriests need a nerf.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2010-07-27 at 06:19 AM.

I feel bad for pvp warriors. Its so easy to take them down..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post

How u gonna cunter my Disperion attack than?
    Avenging wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr View Post
    i don't think "useless" is the correct word, while Shadow priests, rogues, other warriors and the most intelligent of MM hunters can disarm (scorpid sting -> chimera shot)
    that still means that paladins, warlocks, deathknights, druids, shaman, any non shadow priests and non MM hunters are still highly susceptible to the brilliant roflstorm. i deliberately missed out mages as they can blink away from it no trouble.
    like most abilities in the game it has a weakness now so i guess its fair.
    I'm pretty sure there's a Hunter pet that has Disarm as an ability. Though I doubt Hunters will go around with them just to mess up a Warrior's BS....>_>
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

as mentioned before it has been added in cata.. but am i the only who think it sounds funny that the tool tip says u do not fill pity remorse or fear and wont stop unless killed or disarmed. It like saying your a fearless man blender and nothing will stop you except someone steals ur super fast whirling deadly blade

blizz should just remove the stupid i-win buttons so ppl would stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a Hunter pet that has Disarm as an ability. Though I doubt Hunters will go around with them just to mess up a Warrior's BS....>_>
    Birds can. But I don't know any decent PvP hunter that uses a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    On psychic horror.
    The reason you drop your weapon is due to fear. Dropping the weapon but not being effected by fear is kind of stupid.

Also are any other classes' 51 point talent nullified so easily?

Boomkins say hi. So does sdance rogue, gargoyle for dks is easily cced, and riptide just sucks. Only rogues and spriests have a decent time stopping it and they have to use relatively long cds to stop it. Hunters take at least 2gcds to disarm and have to hope the other healer can't dispel or it wont happen and warriors have to stance dance to make it happen. Boomkins, sdance and gargoyle can be stopped by any cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    Rogue, warrior, MM hunter, spriest, fire mage. DK can grip you off the healer, mage can blink away from bladestorm, lock can portal, druid can shapeshift and gtfo.
    The only class that has COMPLETELY no counter for it is shaman, and this is true story.

Going off the topic, warriors are fine. What's wrong atm, are fucking spriests. Few weeks ago, I have met spriest/holy pala team. Yeah, you would think spriest should need a lot of time to kill an ele shaman with 1400 resi. We thought so too. They charged at us, spriest started dotting me up, I got stunned, I thought I should be fine since it was dps/healer setup. I trinketed it after I already lost 50% of hp after like 3 seconds, then I got silenced, and guess what, I was dead after another 3 seconds. So, to sum this up, an average spriest was able to do about 35k damage in 6 seconds, since I managed to cast 1 heal in the end and I dropped stoneclaw during silence. All that against 28k hp shaman with BiS PvP gear, 1400 resi, arena -20% dmg debuff.

Just to say something funny, I got a spriest myself, it's around 60 lvl right now, and I'm not really playing it now. I was able to destroy people just spamming devouring plague on bgs, I was able to dot 3 targets and just watch them all die while again, spamming devouring plague (yeah, as noobish as it is, but since it was taking 30% of people's hp if it crit...). I was always top dps, even though hunters should be, since pets are incredibly powerful at this level brackets.
    I did wrecking ball, ganking like 4 people that just kept spawning on their gy, while their team was zerging our gy. Yeah, they couldn't react, since after fear bomb was over, 3 of them were already dead or dying, and I was starting to dot rest of them up. Totally working as intended.

So yeah, you definitely are whining about the right class and skill. I think you should think again, or well, half of you are prolly playing spriests themselves.
    Hey guys, me and my partner didn't think SPriests did good damage, but they do and they killed me! They need a nerf!

Remember all the lava burst QQ? Because people didn't think. Now they know what to expect when Flame Shock lands. Skillamental crying about damage. That's rich. Nice sig btw.

I dont think the warrior can wait till he can use bladestorm perfectly on a spriest.

Shadow priests are so freaking OP, their dots almost one shot you.

I have a 1170 resi hunter with almost 30k life and man it sucks to die within 15 sec by TWO dots-.-
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

10+ Year Old Account
    They updated the tooltip in cata.
    "...and you cannot be stopped unless killed or disarmed"
    "I'M AN UNSTOPPABLE JUGGERNAUT OF DEATH AND DOBODY CAN... Oh man I dropped my weapon again.."