Shadow Priest Addons Help/Question

So, I've recently have gotten really annoyed with all the healing I'm doing to my group when I do damage.

Is there any addon where I can hide all of the green numbers that pop up on my screen? I'd shut it off in the normal interface, but I'd also like to keep the normal healing I do from Flash Heal, Renew, ect. ect. ect. still visable.

I've tried Mikes Combat Text (or whatever that addon is). But I wasn't able to get it to do what I want it to do.

THanks!

I've had that problem as well. I know there's an addon that will condense those healing numbers into 1 number every so many seconds to make visibility better. Otherwise, a lot of addons I've tried really don't know how to deal with VE, and it will still display, even when you shut off healing numbers on the addon. Most addons seem to be made for dealing with a pure dps, or a pure healer, but not both.

I know the creator MFclip (a pure shadowpriest addon), also created another mod called Gnosis which is a more general version. As he was a former shadowpriest, I'm sure gnosis would function properly in the face of your VE troubles. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm very familiar with MFclip.

To save on addon memory usage, I just change my settings when I swap between shadow and disc.

Deleted
    most combat text addons (MSBT included) should be able to do it.
    the option you're looking for is 'throttle' it will combine all of those VE ticks into chunks within a certain amount or timeframe

so instead of seeing a stream of +10 you should just see +10k every now and then.

I currently use MSBT, and as Redsparrow mentioned, you are able to throttle how often healing will be shown on it, as well as setting a minimum amount that it needs to heal over in order to show. Set it at 500 and it will only show healing that your VE does if it does more than 500 healing to a target from one "tick" (for lack of a more precise term).
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-07-23 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    most combat text addons (MSBT included) should be able to do it.
    the option you're looking for is 'throttle' it will combine all of those VE ticks into chunks within a certain amount or timeframe

so instead of seeing a stream of +10 you should just see +10k every now and then.
    There is another problem that is preventing me from using MSBT.

Lets say I'm healing as holy for a random dungeon or something. I go to heal the tank, (who is roughly 30 yards ahead of me and a little to the left), the heal that lands on him....the green numbers pop up next to my character.... I want those numbers to pop up over the tanks head, like the default healing numbers do.

If I toss a renew on someone, I want those green floaty numbers to follow that person around, but instead those green floaty numbers pop up next to my character. Can you change that in MSBT? I wasn't able to figure out how to.

Thanks so much for the help guys/girls. I really appreciate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the issue of completely disabling the healing done while you are shadow & enabling it while you are holy for a random? It just seems really pointless to go out of your way like this for what seems to me a minor issue since I'm going to assume that you're shadow MS and holy OS.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    What's the issue of completely disabling the healing done while you are shadow & enabling it while you are holy for a random? It just seems really pointless to go out of your way like this for what seems to me a minor issue since I'm going to assume that you're shadow MS and holy OS.
    I'm basically MS shadow and Holy OS, but it's probably like a 55% to 45% type deal. I play both pretty frequently.

Also there has been a few times where I'd jump out of shadow to heal to prevent a wipe, and I'd like to see how much I heal for and such. So I'd like the default numbers to remain there, and pretty much just remove the healing that pops up from VE.

I don't think what you're looking for is possible. MBST will consolidate the VE heals, but no combat text addon will allow you to have heals (or damage) appear over a players head. That feature is only available in the default Blizzard combat text. I believe this has something to do with not allowing addons to know the position of a mob in 3D - there's an explanation on the MBST FAQ page at Curse.

As far as I know, no addon is able to recreate the combat text above the heads of any players.
    And in the options for the blizzard version, there is only the option to show or hide healing, not any specific toggles or limitations that I can find.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    I'd like to see how much I heal for and such. So I'd like the default numbers to remain there, and pretty much just remove the healing that pops up from VE.
    You can easily tell which numbers were from VE and which numbers were from your direct heals by simply seeing the amount of heal that is done. I have never seen a VE heal for anything close to what even my flash heal does except on a fight like Hodir when I would cast mind blast and it heal for a crapload. Even as shadow my flash heal will heal for about 5k non-crits with about 3500 SP while my heals from VE are a fraction of that. Not to mention if you are healing instead of dpsing your VE heals will wear off shortly after you start healing so you'll know that all of your heals at that point were from your healing not from VE healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why do you need to see any of the heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do you need to see any of the heals?
    So I know what I'm healing for.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I know what I'm healing for.
    You can see the increment of increase in the health as you heal. If you're curious about the number of each heal: that's what Logs / Recount are for. Honestly (even for an information whore like me) that's not necessary during the encounter as it doesn't change your gameplay if, say your Flash Heal hits for 6 or 7k. You're still going to cast it, and it's going to heal what it heals for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    You can see the increment of increase in the health as you heal. If you're curious about the number of each heal: that's what Logs / Recount are for. Honestly (even for an information whore like me) that's not necessary during the encounter as it doesn't change your gameplay if, say your Flash Heal hits for 6 or 7k. You're still going to cast it, and it's going to heal what it heals for.
    Yeah true, but I'd rather see the numbers pop up on the screen so I don't have to shift my eyes to another portion of my screen to view my targets health bar. It also helps me decide if I should toss another heal out or not, if I notice that my flash heal did not crit, then I should toss out another one, but if I see the big green numbers indicating that it did crit, I know I'm good and can jump back into shadow and start DPSing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It also helps me decide if I should toss another heal out or not, if I notice that my flash heal did not crit, then I should toss out another one, but if I see the big green numbers indicating that it did crit, I know I'm good and can jump back into shadow and start DPSing.
    If you're having to pop out of shadow to do one heal on someone then you have bigger issues than needing to know if your heal crit or not. That's an issue with your healers not doing their job. The ONLY time I've ever had to pop out of shadow to start healing is when a healer goes down & I heal until they get a brez or if it was a MT healer another healer takes over keeping the tank up. If you are dropping shadowform to do one (or 2 if it didn't crit as you stated) on one person that's a healer problem not yours. Again I say, if you can't tell the difference between a 4-7k heal (from your flash heal or 8-12k from greater heal) and a 200-600 rolling heals from your VE healing from your dots then that's your issue. It is not hard to tell what your heal was just by seeing the green numbers go across your screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. You are shadow. Take all heals off your bars for pve. Ger out of the mindset that yiu should help keep people alive. Its not your job, so dont do it.

2. Msbt has a section called "filtering" or "filters" where you can set. What spells not to show in the scrolling combat text
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    1. You are shadow. Take all heals off your bars for pve. Ger out of the mindset that yiu should help keep people alive. Its not your job, so dont do it.
    That is by far the worst advice you can give to any hybrid class out there. There are justified times when a shadow priest, mookin, or ele shaman would pick up healing but its not for a long time & its usually in an emergency situation to prevent a wipe. BAD shadow priests do exactly what you told him to do.

Deleted
    just a thought:

would there be lua code or such that would be able to throttle scrolling text without an addon?
    Or indeed filter heals under a certain amount

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That is by far the worst advice you can give to any hybrid class out there. There are justified times when a shadow priest, mookin, or ele shaman would pick up healing but its not for a long time & its usually in an emergency situation to prevent a wipe. BAD shadow priests do exactly what you told him to do.
    I agree with this as I've saved many a wipe by dropping out and healing. My question to you would be how are you healing? I'm using Grid + Clique that I just start casting on. It's the same as if I'm a healer watching health bars move up and down as I keep them from emptying. That's what I was referring to with watching the increment of increase to note the size of the heal, not a number floating above their head.

What I'm getting at is that your 'problem' shouldn't have really come up if you are doing things... well efficiently is the word that comes to mind.