Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mortal Strike, 5 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/12294/
    Overpower, 5 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/7384/
    Heroic Strike, 3 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/78/

Using a 2H with 3,5s speed like http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55052/o...n-executioner/

0,0s - Deadly Calm
    0,1s - White Hit
    1,5s - Heroic Strike
    3,0s - Mortal Strike
    3,6s - White Hit
    4,5s - Overpower
    6,0s - Heroic Strike
    7,1s - White Hit
    7,5s - GCD ready
    8,0s - Mortal Strike
    9,5s - Heroic Strike / Overpower

This appears to be the more yellow attacks I could come off with my mind, lots of damage, but if during 10s you try to do nothing to peel of a Warrior of you, well even without Deadly Calm you will probably lose, its a nice boost to damage but nothing incredibly OP, I don't think Beast Within is that OP also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skypunk_lx View Post
    Mortal Strike, 5 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/12294/
    Overpower, 5 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/7384/
    Heroic Strike, 3 sec Cooldown
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/78/

Using a 2H with 3,5s speed like http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55052/o...n-executioner/

0,0s - Deadly Calm
    0,1s - White Hit
    1,5s - Heroic Strike
    3,0s - Mortal Strike
    3,6s - White Hit
    4,5s - Overpower
    6,0s - Heroic Strike
    7,1s - White Hit
    7,5s - GCD ready
    8,0s - Mortal Strike
    9,5s - Heroic Strike / Overpower

This appears to be the more yellow attacks I could come off with my mind, lots of damage, but if during 10s you try to do nothing to peel of a Warrior of you, well even without Deadly Calm you will probably lose, its a nice boost to damage but nothing incredibly OP, I don't think Beast Within is that OP also.
    Overpower has 1 sec cooldown, you forget rend and hamstring, you forget execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed View Post
    Overpower has 1 sec cooldown, you forget rend and hamstring, you forget execute.
    Forgot about talents my bad.

Still in 10 sec you got 6 GCD, if he "wastes" them in Rend, which I admitted he already had put in, or Hamstring its 5 GCD, if in 7,5 sec you didn't use anything at all to escape, then even without Deadly Calm, you would be ripped to shreds, and don't forget Bladestorm is nerfed since Whirlwind only deals 50% weapon damage.

So this new skill, the only thing it allows its for an Arms Warrior without being hit, to be able to attack full power for 10 seconds, instead of being dependent on Bladestorm to apply pressure.

EDIT: In my view its as OP as Beast Within, Avenging Wrath, and don't forget the warrior can be CC, which by it self is the big "but" in it.
    Last edited by skypunk_lx; 2010-07-23 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Put Fury Warrior /facepalm

Cuz overpower will be proccing off of all those healers dodges right? Thirst for blood is removed. Also everyone of the healers but priests can cc for at least half of this anyways, and warriors have been shitting all over priests since forever. Also every healer besides shaman has a defensive cd to use during this and shaman can shock, earthbind and ghost wolf away. You will be doing less damage against paladins and shamans than now by far due to them having assloads of armor and warriors will have much less arp then now to deal with high armor targets(I know they are boosting cloth and leather but shields make up easily 1/3 of your armor anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    Cuz overpower will be proccing off of all those healers dodges right? Thirst for blood is removed. Also everyone of the healers but priests can cc for at least half of this anyways, and warriors have been shitting all over priests since forever. Also every healer besides shaman has a defensive cd to use during this and shaman can shock, earthbind and ghost wolf away. You will be doing less damage against paladins and shamans than now by far due to them having assloads of armor and warriors will have much less arp then now to deal with high armor targets(I know they are boosting cloth and leather but shields make up easily 1/3 of your armor anyway).
    Taste for Blood it's still in, still you have 6 GCD you can't have more because haste does not diminish the GCD of melees, the Warrior can be CC.

Sure perhaps 10s is a bit much and more like 6s would be better, but Warriors are losing Bladestorm as their biggest threat, it will still hit hard but not like now, so Arms needed another method of pressure.

Deadly Calm is that, the only thing it allows is for a Warrior to be able to use every GCD with a skill, which if the Warrior is being hit doubt that he will not have sufficient Rage not to able to use every GCD , perhaps if you factor Inner Rage it's going to hurt, but every class has a skill where you have to use a defensive CD, this is the new Arms one.

Rage will, unlike the "I always have enough rage for anything" now, actually matter in Cata. 10 seconds of what we have now every two minute is OP?

Deleted
    I don't understand the point of this thread? Why should healers feel even remotely threatened against any class 1v1? All healers can easily survive 1v1 against any class of equal gear (some more than others on live of course: hello, resto druid!).

This isn't going to change in Cata since Blizzard have repeatedly said they do not balance around 1v1 for any class and especially not healer vs dps. In fact, they explicitly acknowledge that it would be ridiculous if it takes only one dps to kill a healer in a reasonable timeframe since 3v3 or 5v5 pure dps arena teams could then just burst the "glass-cannon" weakest-link healer with minimal resources and wipe a team with just damage if they were stupid enough to bring a healer instead of a dps. That is, there would be absolutely no point bringing a healer when you could bring a dps. I mean come on think people!

No matter what seemingly OP abilities you think you or other classes will get, the basic design principles and how Blizzard balance are far more important.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-07-24 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    Forgot about talents my bad.

Still in 10 sec you got 6 GCD, if he "wastes" them in Rend, which I admitted he already had put in, or Hamstring its 5 GCD, if in 7,5 sec you didn't use anything at all to escape, then even without Deadly Calm, you would be ripped to shreds, and don't forget Bladestorm is nerfed since Whirlwind only deals 50% weapon damage.

So this new skill, the only thing it allows its for an Arms Warrior without being hit, to be able to attack full power for 10 seconds, instead of being dependent on Bladestorm to apply pressure.

EDIT: In my view its as OP as Beast Within, Avenging Wrath, and don't forget the warrior can be CC, which by it self is the big "but" in it.
    No it's not, where the fuck do you get the idea from that BS is nerfed?

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    lol? when?

No it's not, where the fuck do you get the idea from that BS is nerfed?

---------- Post added 2010-07-24 at 01:19 AM ----------

lol? when?

Well since Whirlwind - http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/1680/ and Bladestorm still says http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/46924/, I think its fair to say that Bladestorm is going to be nerfed.
    Or maybe by the way you keep responding on this thread its just a conspiracy for that every single team in arena has a Warrior.
    I really don't see a "I WIN BUTTON" and I don't have a Warrior, sometimes people seem that they see a buff to a class that its not their own and "OMG the sky is falling" and they are now completely underpowered, its just a skill to apply pressure, if the stars align then sure its going to be OP, just like a Rogue can stunlock someone if the stars align and you don't have a trinket.
    Last edited by skypunk_lx; 2010-07-24 at 05:44 AM.

Well since Whirlwind - http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/1680/ and Bladestorm still says http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/46924/, I think its fair to say that Bladestorm is going to be nerfed.
    Or maybe by the way you keep responding on this thread its just a conspiracy for that every single team in arena has a Warrior, I really don't see a "I WIN BUTTON" and I don't have a Warrior, sometimes people seem that they see a buff to class that its not their own and OMG the sky is falling and they are now UP.
    Maybe the fact that they've repeatedly said nothing is changing with Bladestorm even if Whirlwind is changing will convince you otherwise. It's not like you're the only person in the world who can read tooltips, the very day it was announced that Whirlwind was being nerfed it was asked what this meant for Bladestorm, the answer was it means nothing, they have no intention of changing Bladestorm.

Get 100rage for Inner rage to go on
    Pop deadly calm
    free attacks with bonus dmg

!

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw View Post
    Maybe the fact that they've repeatedly said nothing is changing with Bladestorm even if Whirlwind is changing will convince you otherwise. It's not like you're the only person in the world who can read tooltips, the very day it was announced that Whirlwind was being nerfed it was asked what this meant for Bladestorm, the answer was it means nothing, they have no intention of changing Bladestorm.
    No wonder I don't post a lot in here, talk about aggressive posts.

I just made an insight it's fair to say since Whirlwind was being changed, doesn't mean it will for sure, but its fair specially if you add Deadly Calm in to the lot, Bladestorm doesn't need to "almost" kill someone like it does now.
    By the way how can someone repeatedly say nothing isn't that an oxymoron?

And I don't remember blues talking about Bladestorm, but I could be distracted, but please, go ahead and continue to cry a river how Warriors are going to be completely OP, since I guess that is much better than trying to have a decent argument.
    Last edited by skypunk_lx; 2010-07-24 at 08:23 AM.

Deadly calm is easily mitigated by CC(just like the warrior class).Second, its not even close to as strong as OP tries to make it seem.I suspect hes a rogue.

I can see this ability being very painful against Pallys. I've found with resilience+plate+sacred shield getting rage against a holy pally is like punching yourself in the face. But with deadly calm now we can totally faceroll everything and when we reach full rage bar just MS+brostorm win lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdithinkimguna HNNNG View Post
    I can see this ability being very painful against Pallys. I've found with resilience+plate+sacred shield getting rage against a holy pally is like punching yourself in the face. But with deadly calm now we can totally faceroll everything and when we reach full rage bar just MS+brostorm win lolol
    hey you forgot about bladestorm ticking for 900 dmg against wrathful holy pallys with a chance to reduce that dmg in half + all the dmg you do being mitigated anyway by sacred shield(why a plate healer needed a magic shield is anyones guess) + your rends being absorbed by SS therefore ensuring your overpower wont proc(ya know the move that does over 50% of your damage in pvp) + pallies having insanely strong heals(20k flash of lights, nice)

god i hope pallies get fixed in cata

Deleted
    Or maybe by the way you keep responding on this thread its just a conspiracy for that every single team in arena has a Warrior.
    I really don't see a "I WIN BUTTON" and I don't have a Warrior, sometimes people seem that they see a buff to a class that its not their own and "OMG the sky is falling" and they are now completely underpowered, its just a skill to apply pressure, if the stars align then sure its going to be OP, just like a Rogue can stunlock someone if the stars align and you don't have a trinket.
    Next time make sure you know what you are defending, bladestorm damage is not getting nerfed, only whirlwind.

I hope Bleed's parents take away his computer soon

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    hey you forgot about bladestorm ticking for 900 dmg against wrathful holy pallys with a chance to reduce that dmg in half + all the dmg you do being mitigated anyway by sacred shield(why a plate healer needed a magic shield is anyones guess) + your rends being absorbed by SS therefore ensuring your overpower wont proc(ya know the move that does over 50% of your damage in pvp) + pallies having insanely strong heals(20k flash of lights, nice)

god i hope pallies get fixed in cata
    Of course not. Armada of underaged scrubs like their holy defenders of light = Blizz likes them

credits: Supernerd

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keh View Post
    Hes a 'Pro Rogue' - what else are they good at?

And how do we get 10 secs free dmg? Throw down is a 5 sec stun. Thats 5 seconds there.

And DCalm simply lets us generate rage for 10secs the free 10 secs of attacks will still simply be whites with the odd in between special, will much be the same as a war charin you with a full rage bar currently.
    A well placed deadly calm can go like this in pvp. Hit 100 rage get inner rage buff,deadly calm, MS, you gain ms buff talent, execute/OP for massive damage, HS/combo in there too, throwdown, BS. and all of these attacks gain the 50% damage from inner rage while they can do nothing to stop you
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowz View Post
    A well placed deadly calm can go like this in pvp. Hit 100 rage get inner rage buff,deadly calm, MS, you gain ms buff talent, execute/OP for massive damage, HS/combo in there too, throwdown, BS. and all of these attacks gain the 50% damage from inner rage while they can do nothing to stop you
    It seems that allot of warriors who call warrior their main class don't understand how their class will work in cataclysm, yet they will trash talk anybody who critisizes certain abilities.