Thread: Masteries?

Masteries?

Just a quick little question. I'm sure its been asked before, I just never got to read the answers.

Hunters=

Survival

* Ranged Damage
    * Ranged Critical Damage
    * Elemental Damage

Elemental Damage: Hunter abilities such as traps, Black Arrow, and Explosive Shot will do elemental damage of the following types: Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow.

Enh shams=

Enhancement

* Melee damage
    * Melee Haste
    * Nature Damage

Nature Damage: This will provide a passive bonus to the Nature damage dealt by the Enhancement shaman.

So my quick teeny tiny question is: really....??? Master of the elements don't get elemental, and master of traps does? I understand that hunters have nature and fire damage as well, but really?

Should be switched, I agree with you. Hunters are nature and Shamans are all elements. It would make absolute sense to switch these.

ive been wondering about the hunter thing myself for a while, hopefully they do switch them.

Deleted
    I don't even have a shaman, but that's a very good point, OP. Well spotted, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel1337 View Post

Enhancement

* Melee damage
    * Melee Haste
    * Nature Damage

Nature Damage: This will provide a passive bonus to the Nature damage dealt by the Enhancement shaman.
    Earth shock, storm strike, primal strike, lightning bolt, chain lightning.... ENH has ONE attack for frost and two for fire. Nature damage buff is fine.

Perhaps they are leaning on ENH using Earth > Fire and ELE obviously Fire > all

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Earth shock, storm strike, primal strike, lightning bolt, chain lightning.... ENH has ONE attack for frost and two for fire. Nature damage buff is fine.

Perhaps they are leaning on ENH using Earth > Fire and ELE obviously Fire > all
    Technically fire and frost should get boosted from nature damage 'cause they're found in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by number8 View Post
    Technically fire and frost should get boosted from nature damage 'cause they're found in nature.
    and technically flying space goats shouldn't be able to shoot lightning bolts out of their hands.

they have to set limits somewhere mate.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Just for poops and gigs, Primal Strike and Stormstrike don't do ANY elemental damage...yay for stronger Earth Shocks and Lightnings! Seriously though, they should just change Nature Damage to Weapon Damage.
    Last edited by Primaryjane; 2010-07-23 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaryjane View Post
    Just for poops and gigs, Primal Strike and Stormstrike don't do ANY elemental damage...
    Primal strike no but that one is effected by the other 2 masteries and the stormstrike effect does indeed (hopefully anyway) matter to the nature damage mastery too. mastery % + stormstrike % = lots o extra nature damage

Might need to be simmed or tested in the beta but with the changes to Maelstrom Weapon, looks like we might be using Lava Burst every other 5 stack. Just a thought, guess we'll have to wait to see.

Also, just curious as I was looking at the MW tooltip. What are One-Handed Exotics?