Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Black Bishop

So a Guildie on Beta just mentioned finding some level 82-83 mobs underneath Stormwind Cathedral, So I went to have a look!

The Black Bishop is at the end of the Crypt! and His combat dialogue is below.He's level 84 and teleports about like a nut!

Any info on what this might be for? Or is it an Easter Egg I am not clued up on!
    Oh there is also a ton of dynamite and bombs in the alcove behind him, plot to bomb Stormwind?

That guy is white.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I found this myself. Rumor has it that Archbishop Benedictus is a member of Twilight's Hammer, so maybe this is him, or an evil him or something? I was intrigued, then annoyed by his teleporting. There are also members of Twilight's Hammer near the Park Crater.

It is a sad, sad thing to see. The slow decline of a chess player into madness, we should stop people playing that horribly violent game really. It's only a matter of time before they all snap.

Hehe, he is indeed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    That guy is white.
    What do you mean by "you people"?

Quote Originally Posted by Karoc View Post
    I found this myself. Rumor has it that Archbishop Benedictus is a member of Twilight's Hammer, so maybe this is him, or an evil him or something? I was intrigued, then annoyed by his teleporting. There are also members of Twilight's Hammer near the Park Crater.
    Ohhh I haven't seen those Twighlight's Hammer mobs in the Park, I must go have a look later , interesting!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    That guy is white.
    your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Deleted
    Oh my God, the Checkmate is attacking Stormwind!

Nothing was down there before right? I remember Horde hiding down there before the King returned to summon and it would be back and forth down there. Awesome times.

Could be a sweet quest?
    Rumor has it that Archbishop Benedictus is a member of Twilight's Hammer, so maybe this is him, or an evil him or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Orno View Post
    Nothing was down there before right? I remember Horde hiding down there before the King returned to summon and it would be back and forth down there. Awesome times.

Could be a sweet quest?
    Yeah upon finding out from my guild mate they were down there, I did say "are they definitely not there on live" She went and checked and they aren't there on live!, Cool quest chain would be awesome, or maybe it's just there for a bit of fun? ...I dunno but it has piqued my interest

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    What do you mean by "you people"?
    What do you mean, "you people"?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So.. Not only is Benedictus a traitor, he is also all of a sudden a wannabe-marvel-villain who likes chess?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My hunch is the idea of Archbishop Benedictus being framed was correct and that this Black Bishop who I assume is meant to be his replacement trained by the twilight cultists is the executor of said framing.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So.. Not only is Benedictus a traitor, he is also all of a sudden a wannabe-marvel-villain who likes chess?
    I was going to post a picture of Bishop from X-Men instead of quoting RakuRaku and completing the movie line, but I was too lazy to find one and upload it to my webspace, and everytime I hotlink a picture that isn't on my webspace I somehow manage to link it from one of those sites that replaces the picture with a giant cock with the words, "DON'T HOTLINK, ASSHOLE" across the bottom.

The Black Biship bird from Africa was going to be my second choice but I figured it'd go over most people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenmr View Post
    My hunch is the idea of Archbishop Benedictus being framed was correct and that this Black Bishop who I assume is meant to be his replacement trained by the twilight cultists is the executor of said framing.
    Varian must've been wondering why the archbishop suddenly seemed surprised whenever he took more than a single step.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not Marvel, DC Comics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checkmate_%28comics%29

That sure is an awesome paladin on that picture :> ...

Cya online on beta later, Dancing Turkey!
    Last edited by Schoeler; 2010-07-24 at 10:19 PM. Reason: signature update
    Active worshipper of Ackis Recipe List.
    Enchanting formulae : 296 / 296 ( Completed on 6/7-2010 )
    Cooking recipes : 168 / 169. ( Bring back Thistle Tea for us non rogues )

10+ Year Old Account
    hes a chess joke

niiiice

I like the staff he's using. I want one.