Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    as of now, the damage of elemental shamans(and even more enhancement shamans) is, seeing it from highendgear- perspective, utterly low compared to nearly all other classes+specs.
    even in pvp, that crit really doesnt matter as with enough resilience it wont hurt that much anyways and has a casttime as well. (and if flameshock is dispelled, it wont be a crit for sure anymore)

so overall i gotta say: if you think elemental damage is way too high, then you are not up to date at all ^^

OP in PvP? Not really. They're pretty balanced. Yes, they can crit on 1 spell 100% of the time assuming Flame Shock isn't removed prior. In general, most melee aren't bad for a decent elemental shaman. It's Spriests and Afflocks and some Boomkins that just eat me alive with their freaking DoT's.

Not OP in PvE at all. Seriously? 100% crit chance on 1 spell? Most Elemental Shamans run 50+ % crit raid buffed anyway. I just see an issue with the scaling of the spell, since it's designed to always crit. That makes crit not as attractive as other stats.

Oh well. Here's to Cataclysm changing how we gear and keeping us in a good place (potentially better in PvE?). Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    OP in PvP? Not really. They're pretty balanced. Yes, they can crit on 1 spell 100% of the time assuming Flame Shock isn't removed prior. In general, most melee aren't bad for a decent elemental shaman. It's Spriests and Afflocks and some Boomkins that just eat me alive with their freaking DoT's.

Not OP in PvE at all. Seriously? 100% crit chance on 1 spell? Most Elemental Shamans run 50+ % crit raid buffed anyway. I just see an issue with the scaling of the spell, since it's designed to always crit. That makes crit not as attractive as other stats.

Oh well. Here's to Cataclysm changing how we gear and keeping us in a good place (potentially better in PvE?). Cheers.
    Well I can see ele shamans getting nerfed with that stupid thing with flame shock reseting the cd on lava burst

Don't forget that health pools will nearly triple. People won't be able to burst players down in a couple of globals. Players will be forced to, ya know -- really distinguish good players from bad players; rather than a semi-geared OP class bursting down another player.

in PVP ele shammys is rather as many already said equlized atm, 1crit if not dispelled aint mutch hazzle lol, long cast time for must of the spells besides high crit aint that uncommon, palas/warriors get ower 50% crit whit some abillitys, dk if proc killing machine always crit and 1talent/abillity makes it always crit every 2min, but mostly there is a reason for sutch things gota see the whole picture, guessing u got nuked in pve gear rage! happens to all since some classes has advantages to other classes and vise versa try being shammy against shadowpriest or warlock, and my main is warrior alltoe i got a shammy since a while =), in any case if u could use same tactics against all classes and toy whit them whats the fun?

For those of you that don't want to read through 3 pages, here is a summary: OP is bad because he got killed by one of the worst PvP specs in the game so he comes to these forums to say that Elemental is over powered. Also, OP is a Druid. HA!

Not really...In pve we are actually putting out some nice dps numbers instead of our usual laughable dps..pvp id say no because we are so easily locked down
    Last edited by Volitar; 2010-07-25 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Bleh
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainsTheMachine View Post
    Nvm this was a pointless thread, the only people responding to this are ele shamans who are ofcourse not going to say they're overpowered...
    1) You asked this in a shaman forum... What did you expect *rolls eyes*
    2) It's not a guarnteed crit, there needs to be a flame shock up.
    3) Stop trying to start a flame/trolling war.

P.s RET PALLYS ARE OP BECAUSE OF BUBBLE. IT MEANS THEY TAKE NO DAMAGE BUT CAN STILL DAMAGE!
    (see what I did there?)