Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Seasons of War: Kalimdor (Open RP, PvP)

*Cue Star Wars Music*

WAR!

The Alliance and the Horde have declared open war on each other! As battles wage all over Azaroth, the Strongholds of Kalimdor fight to both hold their own territories and take the other side's for the own. The Humans of Theramore have pushed into The Barrens and battle the Horde; The Orcs battle the Night Elves and Draenei in Warsong Gulch, Ashenvale and the Stonetalon Mountains; The Goblins of Kezan battle the Night Elves in Azshara, Winterspring and the Felwood; The Horde and the Alliance battle it out in Feralas and Desolace. As Azaroth runs red with the blood of combatants from both sides, it becomes clear this will be a war of attrition...

Rules

1. The timeline is present and includes the Goblin and Worgen as well as the new Class Combinations.
    2. Faction Leaders can be controlled but only in moderation.
    3. You can not RP a char from each side if you have multiple chars (in the interests of fairness).
    4. All of Kalimdor (including Azuremyst Isle and Bloodmyst Isle) is your sandbox.
    5. Try to RP somewhere where a battle is taking place!
    6. Have fun!

For the sake of this RP, the following are the Faction Leaders on Kalimdor

Darnassus: Tyrande Whisperwind (Priestess/Archer)
    Druids of Moonglade (Alliance): Malfurion Stormrage (Druid)
    The Exodar: The Prophet Velen (Priest)
    Silverwing Sentinels: Shandris Feathermoon (Warrior)
    Draenei of Forest Song: Knight-Champion Myrmidia (Paladin)
    Alliance Forces in The Barrens: Grand Marshall Fomortiis Aurabolt (Warlock)

Orgrimmar: Warchief Garrosh Hellscream (Warrior)
    The Echo Isles: Vol'Jin (Witch Doctor)
    Thunder Buff: Baine Bloodhoof (Warrior)
    Druids of Moonglade (Horde): Hamuul Runetotem
    Kezan: Trade Prince (Warrior?)
    The Warsong Clan: Random RPer

Please note these battles are going on at the same time as its sister thread. If your character is here, it cannot be on Eastern Kingdoms and Vice Versa unless it is a Mage or travels with one. Of course, Druids can teleport to Moonglade and Death Knights can Death Gate to Acherus. Cross-thread RPing is both allowed as long as it isn't abused or used to make your char OP. I will RP in my next post.

I feel the need to explain the faction leaders a bit here because I know there will be questions. Jaina is sitting out the war in Dalaran so Varian put Fomortiis in charge of the Alliance Forces sent to Theramore. The Druids of Moonglade are obviously not at war with each other but they are supporting their respective faction on the battlefields. Rumor has it Thrall has been seen in Desolace. The former Warchief of the Horde has been traveling the world for unknown reasons but he doesn't mind talking to members of either faction. As for the Trade Prince...his name escapes me at the moment >.>;
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2010-07-25 at 01:36 AM.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Mardo walked into the alliance camp and walked up to the person in charge there.
    "Sir Fomortiis Aurabolt? I'm Master Sergeant Mardo Stoneshield i arrived couple days ago at theramore and have been sent here with a small legion of ironforge's finest warriors to help our assault on the barrens. Sir"
    Last edited by Mardo Stoneshield; 2010-07-25 at 01:37 PM. Reason: forgot titel

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ( can I lead the Warsong Clan)
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Sure, which char?))

"Welcome to the war." the Warlock remarked as a smile crossed his face. "if you don't mind, Horde scouts and builders have been spotted in the remains of Camp Taurajo. If I had to guess, they're trying to rebuild. Get over there and break 'em up."

---

"The Horde have begun to catch on to our tactics." Shandris Feathermoon remarked as she and Myrmid went over the map of Ashenvale spread out before them. "They've taken almost half of Ashenvale and continue to push westward."

"Yes, and unfortunately we cannot be in two places at once." the Draenei Paladin added. "The call to arms have been sounded and reinforcements are on the way. Still, they cannot come soon enough it seems."

"I must return to Silverwing Grove." said General Fearthermoon. "Malfurion Stormrage commands our forces in Desolace and Feralas. I have little doubt he has his hands full with his Tauren counterpart."

"Indeed." said Myrmid. "I shall do what I can to slow the Horde advance, but it will be difficult without enough soldiers."

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Though we have had our scuffles in the past, I think I will join up. I'll post later. Welcome back btw))

And with that order Mardo left heading for camp Taurajo.
    "Ok men sounds like a routine job for us mount up and lets go"

when he arrived just north of the Camp he ordered some scouts to scout the sight.
    "Sir Stoneshield we got about 20 hostiles inthere what are your orders?"
    Mardo looked at his men for a second all eager to battle and said: "Men prepare for battle we strike in less then 1 hour"
    With that his troops let out a little cheer.
    This would be easy they thought.

((I request to RP as King Varian Wryyn (Or a high-ranking Alliance officer), and my Blood Elf hunter.))

Edit: ((Oh, and Vol'jin is a shadow hunter, not a witch doctor.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Isn't King Chynn on the Eastern Kingdoms half of the RP?))

((Hmm, true, I guess I could be a....))
    ((A MALFURION STORMRAGE!eleven))

~In Darnassus~

It was him, nobody could believe it, Malfurion, Shan'do, Stormrage was in Darnassus again.

"Welcome Shan'do, your presence is welcoming."

Tyrande Whisperwind said, worry in her eye.

"Why have you called me away from such an important struggle in Hyjal?"

"Things have changed, we have a new ally, and such does the savage Horde. War is beating towards us, and with the elements temporarily subdued, we call for you."

"You know I am not biased through factions, I only live to protect."

"The forests....the Horde will burn them!"

Tyrande said, looking Malfurion in the eyes.

"We cannot sit here and be neutral! If we do not act, our race, and our beloved forests will die! The Horde has already destroyed Azshara!"

Malfurion pondered this.

"I must think, Tyrande, we must not make any rash decisions."

"I understand, I hope to hear from you soon."

"As to you, priestess."
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gretari walked over to a group of three orc peons . The peons bowed gracefully and looked at Gretari . ' The base needs a scout tower by the west gates get it built quickly ' . Gretari stated .

An assistant of the Warsong Clan , Grom Skullcrusher walked over for a word with Gretari .

' Sir our scouts have spotted a group of alliance soldiers they are planning to strike soon if the Warsong clan leader died it could settle countless ammounts of unrest within the Horde ' Skullcrusher told .

' If I die in battle ... then so be it!' Gretari snapped

' They will be much surprised though sir ' Skullcrusher spoke

' Why would that be ?' Gretari asked

' Accordng to our scouts the dwarf did'nt do his deeds quietly , said there was twenty of us he did ' Skullcrusher said with a small smirk on his face .

' Such insolence ... ' Gretari said .

Gretari turned and walked away from Skullcrusher into his command tent
    Insert Signiture here.

((Spartan, you have speech in " not '. It makes more sense ))

~Meanwhile somewhere in Silithus~

Hmmm, what was the Orc doing that was taking his eye off the main rule.

Watch your back

Obviously, he was trying to deliver something, seeing the bag slung over his shoulder.

"Haha, this Orc looks Warsong to me!"

She silently laughed.

He looked like Ashenvale was his destination.
    Best of 5 years!

((gretari i assume ur at Camp Taurejo? and can the horde understand alliance language in rp's?))

The dwarfs now battleready charged at the camp sluaghtering any horde on sight, the builders not dressed for combat stood no chance.

"Darnassus, silence..."

Malfurion said, a silence befalling the crowd.

"I have decided to join the ranks of Darnassu-"

A loud cheer erupted.

"s...This resolve didn't come easy. I have sworn to protect, as I will. However, I will not kill everything in sight, no, I will protect only when the forest in harm."

Tyrande stepped forward.

"Our forces are nothing to the Orcs, and we must act quickly. Everyone must help the war effort. Alliance aid ships are coming, and we need to prepare sentinels for the attack."

Immediately, everyone began doing something. A loud horn was sounded to the north of Teldrassil.

Yes, Alliance aid ships from Northrend!
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    ((Is someone gonna control Hamuul? My New Favourite Rp Char is involved in the easter kingdoms one, but he's sat outside the stormwind gates and it's about to kick off, so I want to let Hamull know his druids are being brought into conflict))

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

((I purposely did not come on yesterday because I was waiting for people to catch on. Looks like it was a smart move on my part.))

((The rules set say you can control Faction Leaders/Generals/NPCs if necessary [Like if I'm not around for more than two days, which won't happen without warning.] but the focus should be on your own char of course. By default I will control the main faction leaders. If someone wants to comtrol the generals from the Battlegrounds or the Druid Hamuul/Malfurion that's fine, they're open for someone other than me Oh, and of course The Faction Leaders don't change continents))

((Naturally Malfurion/Hamuul will fight under very specific circumstances. As for cross-faction conversation, it depends on the class or race I'll say. Druids from both sides known Taurahe and Kaldorei, Draenei and Blood Elves known Thallassian and Draenei, Warlocks from both sidesknow Demonic, etc.))

((Now let's focus on RPing m'kay? Maps are allowed as well ^_^))

---

"Reinforcements?" Myrmid wondered as she heard the unmistakeable bugles of the Alliance coming from the south, the Warsong Lumber Camp. She considered sending sentinels to investigate but if the attack came from the south--and it mostly likey did considering Ashenvale had Horde outposts to the East and West of Forest Song--reinforcements were on the way. She'd recieved word the legendary Druid Malfurion Stormrage would be neutral unless provoked but it was not known if the same held true for his Tauren counterpart. She had great respect for the Druids of both factions. Like Draenei Shamen, they communed with and had nothing but the utmost respect for nature. She herself was a servant of the Light but she understood that there were times when violence needed to be exerted.

This was one of those times.

---

"Arise from the Twisting Nether!" Fomortiis exclaimed as he and the two conjurors at his side summoned forth a Summoning Stone. For the few hours it would last, Alliance Forces could be summoned from anywhere on Azaroth directly to the front. Although portals to Stormwind and Darnassus were erected in Northwatch Hold, his method was more direct.

((Anyone who wants to be summoned to The Barrens you have until the rest of the day in real-time.))

---

"The battle for Warsong Gulch will soon begin!" General Feathermoon exclaimed as heroes of the Alliance prepared themselves for war. "Punish the Orcs for desecrating Ashenvale! For the Alliance!"

"For the Alliance!" The army of three thousand amassed before her boomed in reply. She'd received word a short time ago The Orcs' Lumber Camp to to the northeast was being attacked by Alliance forces. Myrmidia had orders to hold Forest Song so it was doubtful she her forces were leading the attack. The only other possibility was an Alliance army from the south or a lone overzealous Warrior. Regardless, this was a distraction she would take full advantage of.

---

Warchief Hellscream surveyed the battle from the lookout tower in the Crossroads. The Alliance destroyed the Tauren-held camp to the south, leaving the Crossroads as the remaining Horde Stronghold in the Barrens. There was no fear of it falling to the Alliance but the loss of the other camp meant Mulgore was forced to defend its boarder and fend of the Alliance at the same time. It certainly didn't help the neutral Goblins in Rachet refused to allow the Horde to use the Merchant coast to to attack Northwatch Hold.

"Warchief, a message frum de north." said Vol'Jin, leader of the Darkspear Trolls as he approached with a scroll. He began to read it and stopped when he realized how upset he was becoming.

"IDIOTS!" He exclaimed. "I will deal with this myself! Vol'Jin, you're in command here!"

"As you wish." the Shadow Hunter replied unemotionally as he moved aside so Hellscream could pass. He knew not what the message said but if Warchief of the Horde himself was going, it was going to end in the Horde's favor.

---

((I'm gonna go to the sister thread and come back shortly...))

((Thanks for the info we already knew Aura ))

Odd, the Orc seemed to be heading towards The Barrens.

Quickly, Meraena jumped to the next tree, looking down on the Orc.

~Darnassus~

The ships had docked, and supplies and armor began flooding in.

Good, they would be good for a two-month assault on the mainland, then have to wait for more supplies as they come.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Valakin stepped through the portal, appearing in the Barrens with his five hundred soldiers behind him. He was commanding 150 elite soldiers, 300 regulars, and 50 captains. "Lord Aurabolt? I am Valakin, I have been sent here to serve you."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gretari somehow managed to escape the battle of Camp Taurejo . He had gashed his arm open but was intact . The alliance would undoubtably be taking Camp Taurejo and the area
    around it so he would have to get out of sight quickly . His destination would be the last horde encampment in The Barrens , The Crossraods .

Gretari spotted a dwarf scout not doing his job properly and was off gaurd . He stabbed in him the back with his military knife taking him out silently . He then advanced towards the camp .
    Last edited by Spartanoble; 2010-07-28 at 04:11 PM.
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Welcome to The Barrens Sir Valakin." Fomortiis replied as he noted the army that rode with him. "I admit I wish everyone who came looking to fight the Horde came with the backup to go with their talk." He motioned in the direction of the graveyard down the hill from Northwatch Hold. Several dozen freshly dug graves dotted the landscape in preparation for their potential occupants. "Jackasses who think they can challenge the Warchief head-on and live to tell about it. Those are just the ones whose bodies we got back. Anywho, the Steamweedle Cartel controls Rachet to the north. They're letting us use the Merchant Coast for our fleet but in exchange, no armed soldiers from either side are allowed in their town. If you do, they will drop you like a bad habit and there'd be nothin' we can do about it."

"Orders...let's see..ok, I got it. I've got things pretty set in the Southern Barrens but the Horde still controls most of this hellhole. See if you and your boys can take the pass to Stonetalon Mountains to the northwest and set up a post. You'll have to get past The Crossroads in once piece and you can be sure that won't be easy. That's the Horde's staging point in the region. Think you can handle it?"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Gretari arrived into the camp he immediatly went to find Warchief Hellscream .

" Sir , they overrun us by the hundreds" Gretari explained
    " I watched the battle from the lookout tower Gretari I'm surprised you managed to escape" Hellscream said surprised
    " Yes sir so was I . I thought I was going to die" Gretari reminised
    " Never mind , we must set up a camp in the Stonetalon Mountains , there are'nt many alliance soldiers around there so you only need a small army to take with you " Hellscream ordered
    " Yes sir , I'm sure my wounds will heal on the journey " Gretari replied.

Gretari then found a wolf in the stables and got on it .

" Follow me soldiers , LOKTAR OGAR FOR THE HORDE " Gretari roared

( Also on leader of Warsong clan on the 1st post put Gretari Frostwolf next to it and yes just because my name is'nt Warsong does'nt mean I can't control the Warsong clan , Look at their former leader Garrosh Hellscream his surname was'nt Warsong )
    Insert Signiture here.