Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The death of Warcraft 3 and it's expansion is upon us

With the release of Starcraft 2 i beleive that most of Warcraft 3 will die out sadly D:

Many the custom map i have played i will not forget them! Now to wait till good custom maps come out unlike DOTA and footmen wars. A real strategy spawn map
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

I don't think WC3 will die out. It's not the same game.

WC3 will only be played by poor people, and hardcore Warcraft fans. I'll take SC2 over it anyday.

Plus, there will be less freaking DOTA games in Starcraft Online, unlike Warcraft 3 which pretty much was 95% DOTA and 5% retarded RPG maps.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-07-27 at 05:09 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure WC3 will still be up, I mean SC1 still isn't dead and hasn't died when WC3 came out.

Pretty sure there is already a DotA Allstars map for SC2 that is always in the most popular list...

Quote Originally Posted by Deladeu View Post
    Pretty sure there is already a DotA Allstars map for SC2 that is always in the most popular list...
    The only remotely good one atm (SotIS) is slightly worse than WC3 DotA, which was overshadowed by games like LoL and HoN.

Deleted
    The hero system of warcraft 3 makes it a complete different game.

Dota >>> LoL and HoN

Fuck the shitty clones
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Dota >>> LoL and HoN

Fuck the shitty clones
    Except HoN is literally the same game. 90% of the heroes and items are straight DotA ports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer warcraft 3 gameplay but starcraft 2 graphics...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I prefer warcraft 3 gameplay but starcraft 2 graphics...
    The graphics look like lego blocks... even c&c 3 has better graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    The graphics look like lego blocks... even c&c 3 has better graphics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduXCp91_IA

(seriously, your system must suck ass if sc2 looks bad on it)

Or you're just trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduXCp91_IA

(seriously, your system must suck ass if sc2 looks bad on it)

Or you're just trolling.
    Running it on top settings. You fanboys just can't find any flaws with your games.

Running it on top settings. You fanboys just can't find any flaws with your games.
    Hurp. Looks great to me. Either your system is fucked or you're trolling.

seriouspost: the graphics are toned down deliberately to make it run smoothly on a wide variety of systems while maintaining readability on the screen. By which I mean you can tell what the fuck is going on at all times, which is important for high level play. To say the game looks like legos is fucking trolling, so how about you post a screen from your system so I can tell you if it's a problem with your graphics card or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    Hurp. Looks great to me. Either your system is fucked or you're trolling.

seriouspost: the graphics are toned down deliberately to make it run smoothly on a wide variety of systems while maintaining readability on the screen. By which I mean you can tell what the fuck is going on at all times, which is important for high level play. To say the game looks like legos is fucking trolling, so how about you post a screen from your system so I can tell you if it's a problem with your graphics card or not.
    It's not trolling to say it looks like legos. Have you seen the battleship or the carrier or probe? They really do look like legos. And the textures are crap and in general the graphics just look worse than c&c3, which came out 2007... and it's way behind c&c3 in graphics lol.

Edit: and no it's not scaling down for me, the graphics just are shit.

didnt I read somewhere that valve has hired icefrog, the maker of dota to build dota for steam?

He's supposed to make a game, no one know what game it'll be yet. He seems to spend as much time updating dota as before though - might be a while before we know what he's doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not trolling to say it looks like legos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0TXa...eature=related

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAdoCm7U1g

Now, it's prolly just your taste in art styles...

However, in C&C3 vid I linked, notice the grass? It has an error we used to get chewed out for having back when I worked on GBA games.

Notice how it looks like the grass repeats itself(34 seconds in.)? It has 2 dots, then a dark area above, 2 dots, no dark area, 2 dots dark area. It makes it look less real overall. The dirt road has the same issue.

Not me being all fan-boyish, I just think its funny to complain about textures when the game you are using as a base is stuck with texture mistakes that were outdated back in the 80s. Not to say the graphics themselves in C&C3 are bad, they're not. Just a different art style.

Also, N64 was legos, WC3 was legos, games with smooth models(Such as C&C3 and SC2) aren't lego-y. You DO know what a lego is, right o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Spindelltrollet View Post
    He's supposed to make a game, no one know what game it'll be yet. He seems to spend as much time updating dota as before though - might be a while before we know what he's doing.
    Rumor has it he's making a full on DotA game, kinda like LoL and HoN, but officially DotA.

Just a rumor, however.

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 08:59 AM ----------

It looks like Icefrog really is going to make a Dota game with Valve.

http://kotaku.com/5608762/rumor-valv...d-as-full-game

Also

http://kotaku.com/5610441/new-defens...oints-to-valve
    Last edited by seam; 2010-08-15 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All > Dota
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Ask basically anyone with starcraft 2 and they'll say they like the graphics, we're not being fanboys, the graphics for starcraft 2 are great not the best ive seen but really great.