Thread: WoW sound files

10+ Year Old Account

Question WoW sound files

Does anyone know a way to accses in-game sound files, like spells and abilities? I've searched through my WoW folders but can't seem to find anything.Is there a website or a program that might help me find it?

Sorry for my noobie-ness.

Shameful bump
    Last edited by Proudgnome; 2010-07-27 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ano
    Stop being french, it's just shift-2.

15+ Year Old Account
    They're packed into the MPQ files in your data directory. There are some programs around to open up the MPQ files and see what's inside them, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.

I would also like to know this.

The macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast Death Grip
    /stopmacro [noexists][help]
    /script local c="Death Grip";if GetSpellCooldown(c)==0 then PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\HeadlessHorseman\\Horseman_Beckon_01.wav") end;
    uses a sound file from WoW that must be stored somewhere. But how did they know where to find it? I cannot find that folder.

OP, the above script will play the sound files. We just need a map...

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    They're packed into the MPQ files in your data directory. There are some programs around to open up the MPQ files and see what's inside them, but I don't know which ones off the top of my head.
    So we need a MPQ file browser or hope that someone with a MPQ browser has posted the contents of the MPQ file's sound section.

Deleted
    i have a list of all the wow sound files on a text file. any way i could upload it here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    i have a list of all the wow sound files on a text file. any way i could upload it here?
    Open your text file, Copy the whole thing, Paste it in the Repy window

Deleted
    Do you know how big it is....?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can always upload it to one of the thousands of free hosting sites (rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire, etc) and then link to it here.

Deleted
    Yeah trying to paste it here just gives a "413 Request Entity Too Large" and freezes my computer..

http://rapidshare.com/files/40958467...pdateto333.txt - There you go

Quote Originally Posted by Proudgnome View Post
    Does anyone know a way to accses in-game sound files, like spells and abilities? I've searched through my WoW folders but can't seem to find anything.Is there a website or a program that might help me find it?
    Google for "mpq extract". Be warned that going through programs that can extract data from WoW or edit files or view models/maps are the prime targets for account stealers, and probably around half of the google hits go into bad sites that has all kinds of exploits and some of the model viewers can be trojans in disguise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Do you still have this file? The rapidshare link isn't good any more.

Deleted
    No sorry! I lost it when i re formated. But heres a link for 3.3.5 sounds. But im not sure if they still work for v4!
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...194&so=&page=2