Thread: Gearing up PvP

Gearing up PvP

Hey guys,

My paladin has been in the dust, after raiding Ulduar for some time.

Since I don't have that much time to play (read: raid), I want to gear up via BG's. The items are iLvl 260+ if im not mistaken (got ilvl 219 now).

So, as honor comes fast with the random BG's, I do have a question about where to get a good 2-hander. Is that one from the IC5mans the best to obtain? I'm running around with the mace from Ulduar (first boss). Or should I just get the armourpieces and be fine with my current mace?

My armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&cn=Bikkelnl

I respecced my holy spec, so need to get new Glyphs.. I know that :P
    Last edited by Debikkel; 2010-07-29 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Added armory

Try to get all the triumph gear, 4p T9 isn't terrible, and pick up the 245 version of helm/shoulder. Keep the mirror, picking up the +hit and AP on use isn't to terrible either. After grabbing all that, all you should need is a PvP belt, wrist, necklace, cape, and boots. You can also pick up the 245/264 PvP ring in place of the 245 agility ring from triumph.

---------- Post added 2010-07-29 at 03:29 PM ----------

Sorry, if you're looking to do PvP only and not raid, then the 2H from HPoS is best.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Yverén View Post
    Try to get all the triumph gear, 4p T9 isn't terrible, and pick up the 245 version of helm/shoulder. Keep the mirror, picking up the +hit and AP on use isn't to terrible either. After grabbing all that, all you should need is a PvP belt, wrist, necklace, cape, and boots. You can also pick up the 245/264 PvP ring in place of the 245 agility ring from triumph.

---------- Post added 2010-07-29 at 03:29 PM ----------

Sorry, if you're looking to do PvP only and not raid, then the 2H from HPoS is best.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Alright, although your weapon isn't that bad, you should ultimately aim for the tyranncial beheader in PoS HC.
    Your hp and resilience ar far too low for the burst going on in battlegrounds, so since you don't want to be oneshotted by elemental shamans, we gotta do something about his

-Obtain the Furious Set pieces, and all wrathful nonset items you can get, which would mean relentless belt and feet. (wrathful would require 1300 or better 1400 personal rating in arena if you could manage to get there)
    -Your trinkets aren't that bad, DMC:Greatness is still a good replacement for mirror if you can afford it. You could replace the other one with mark of supremacy for some triumph badges, so you don't need to take the hit neck/back and have something to macro on wings again
    - get either the furious libram or better purchase the pve one for frost badges (cost 30ish)
    - your second ring should either be the relentless one if you still need the hit or a pve strength ring like the one from HoR NH, PoS NH
    -crit meta gem, socket 20str(red) 10str/10crit(yellow) and 10str/15sta(blue), max enchants
    - I could recommend a spec if you want me to, but if you want to stick to yours be sure to take 2/2 divine purpose, stun removal on yourself(or others) is just so powerful.
    You don't need swirft retribution in pvp, so take those to points to max out imp. HoJ and Divine Purpose for example
    - also remove the holy glpyhs you have and replace them with Judgement, Seal of Righteousness and either Exorcism for extra damage or Salvation/Turn Undead for utility

Use SoR, buff Righteous Fury as trash buff, be sure to keep sacred shield up and toss yourself instant flashs

Hope I didn't forget anything

€dit: Alright, two specs (couldn't resist^^)

max.Dmg arena-viable spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sV0bZVGzZVfMxbIuGdIbsu
    imp. Hammer build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZVGzGrZVf0xbIuGdIbsu: (could take 3/5 SotP, but stronger SS is better imho, since this spec is more defensive, anyways)
    Last edited by mmocea490e6ad4; 2010-07-30 at 07:22 AM.

Holy paladins aren't even viable

Your wrong , holy is pretty good for pvp currently with protector of the innocent we're so unkillable with alot of resi.

But it at 80, i can't really say that we are viable at 85 i never played one d:

The difficult part in an argument is not to defend one’s opinion, but rather to know it.
    - Andre Maurois 1957.

mmm thread necro