Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I have the 930 and I'M telling you what MINE says you can believe whatever you want.

If you want I can reset defaults and take a pic to show you the 22x multiplier its no problem.
    If it has 22 multiplier, it's either i7 940 or overclocked 920/930. Nothing more mysterious than that. Wouldn't be the first time in the world some computer manufacturer puts in wrong chip by accident or on purpose. Or even the first time Intel mislabels the CPU's, the company has several times faked the labels on their CPU's to downgrade them for marketing reasons. Or some greedy 2-man shop overclocks the CPU without telling it to customers to rip them off.

No offense, but I dont think anybody would take your word over Intel's own datasheets.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I bought this: http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture171.jpg
    Default 930 bios settings http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...et/Picture.jpg
    Also I'm not to sure about that chart just asked my friend who has the 920 and he has 21x multipliers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought this: http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture171.jpg
    Default 930 bios settings http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...et/Picture.jpg
    Also I'm not to sure about that chart just asked my friend who has the 920 and he has 21x multipliers.
    You got a mis-labeled CPU. How does it identify in CPU-Z?

Identify as in what I series? 930.

15+ Year Old Account
    Identify as in what I series? 930.
    Screenshot of CPU-Z?

Also, your BIOS screenshot doesn't prove in any way that you haven't modified the multiplier. You have manual base clock disabled, but that's all.

Notice how it says on the box: 2.80GHz and in BIOS: 2.93GHz. The CPU is probably 940 packaged as 930 for some reason.

There has been from time to time reports of hardware downlabeled for marketing reasons, and it's pretty common especially in GPUs. Both Nvidia and ATI are just turning pipelines off and stamp lower product number on the chip. This happens because there's more demand than supply on some cheaper models, so the manufacturers have to dump the more expensive models pretending to be cheaper ones.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Notice how it says on the box: 2.80GHz and in BIOS: 2.93GHz. The CPU is probably 940 packaged as 930 for some reason.

There has been from time to time reports of hardware downlabeled for marketing reasons, and it's pretty common especially in GPUs. Both Nvidia and ATI are just turning pipelines off and stamp lower product number on the chip. This happens because there's more demand than supply on some cheaper models, so the manufacturers have to dump the more expensive models pretending to be cheaper ones.
    I think I know whats going on. When the 920 ships its set to 20x multi but it is unlocked to 21. Same with the 930 it is factory set to 21 but has 22 available. I reset from OC to default to take those pics I'm not sure why it stayed at 22x however. So the chart is correct in how the chip is set by default but somewhat misleading since the option is there.

---------- Post added 2010-08-01 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post

It says 2.93 because it's 22 times 133 but if you set it to 21 times 133 well I'm sure you're good at math.