Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anyone else just /afk out of losing games?

I'm at the point in my WoW life where I BG mainly for the daily points, whenever I join an obviously stupid/weak/newb team or an AB team where we're down 3:2 resources (longest loss ever), I just don't bother. I afk out and do other shit for 15m, then retry.

I view losing in a BG as a waste of time (I know this entire game is a waste of time, but losing is not having fun while wasting your time). My friend says that I should just man it out through the loss, but I'm one of those people who get irritated with dumbasses doing dumb things and most of the time I opt to just leave the match instead of wasting my energy on them.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I find that the people who complain about losing are generally the dumb-asses doing dumb things.

Occasionally, but most of the time I stay because sometimes the group pulls it head out of its ass we might pull a comeback win.

I get what you mean, there have been plenty of times when I want to leave the game. But I don't. I stay and fight, and try and make it as hard and as painful as I can for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I'm at the point in my WoW life where I BG mainly for the daily points, whenever I join an obviously stupid/weak/newb team or an AB team where we're down 3:2 resources (longest loss ever), I just don't bother. I afk out and do other shit for 15m, then retry.

I view losing in a BG as a waste of time (I know this entire game is a waste of time, but losing is not having fun while wasting your time). My friend says that I should just man it out through the loss, but I'm one of those people who get irritated with dumbasses doing dumb things and most of the time I opt to just leave the match instead of wasting my energy on them.
    I don't mind staying in a losing game where people are trying...
    but the second I see "FFS U NOOBZ, THIS IS Y ALLY SUX ALL THE TIEM. UR ALL FCKIN DUMBASSE" then I /afk asap because I'm almost positive it'll end badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not afk out. Some games, especially in SotA, we've seemed to be losing, but made a tasty comeback. When people drop out prematurely it severely reduces the chances of such a comeback. Plus, I don't mind losing. I still get some extra honour and (if applicable) BG marks for staying.

On the other hand if the team is REALLY, REALLY awful and it's clear where it's going then yeah I'd consider leaving. But for me to feel this way, it would have to be abysmal (IE: getting farmed at the spawn point, making zero progress whatsoever, etc)

the gist of it is losing isn't as bad as some people think. You get more honour for sticking in there, at the expense of pride if you take it seriously.

Ultimately it's the people who leave prematurely who are spoiling it unfair for those who ARE trying to win because the team ends up one or more players short temporarily.

And yes, im not accusing you of anything OP, but i find generally its the people who give up easily in pvp who tend to be the least useful contributors to the team so that doesn't much help our losing problem. If anything If my team starts losing I see it as a reason for me to try harder!
    Last edited by Will; 2010-07-29 at 11:40 PM.

Usually only if I join midfight and we're losing badly, or if I've had a losing streak and it shows no signs of getting better.

If neither of those apply and I see the situation's hopeless then I just run around trying to find 1v1s or 1v2s to kill time until the BG ends. Sometimes you can turn the tables by yourself though, especially in WSG.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I stay and remain productive even when we're going to lose. People like you are the reason we lose BGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really need honor for anything. I just buy gems and stuff with mine. I PvP mostly outdoors, that's where I have my fun PvPing. BGs are just for the 25 arena points, so it's either win or I usually leave (unless I'm having fun while losing) and do dailies while I wait on deserter debuff.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

15+ Year Old Account
    I've hated pvp since TBC came out so, on the rare occasion that I decide to enter a BG for some reason, I do get frustrated pretty easily with it and afk out quite often. No point staying if I'm not having fun, it is a game after all.

That being said, I join a BG every 6 months or so at the most.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you define what's wrong with this game.
    Stop acting like a child and finish what you started, I you don't like losing BGs, get used to it, if you didn't lose from time to time game wouldn't be balanced. if you don't want to get used to it, then stop joining BGs.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    I've hated pvp since TBC came out so, on the rare occasion that I decide to enter a BG for some reason, I do get frustrated pretty easily with it and afk out quite often. No point staying if I'm not having fun, it is a game after all.

That being said, I join a BG every 6 months or so at the most.
    And in return you help ruin the other people's fun, very selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LRPaterson View Post
    I think you define what's wrong with this game.
    Stop acting like a child and finish what you started, I you don't like losing BGs, get used to it, if you didn't lose from time to time game wouldn't be balanced. if you don't want to get used to it, then stop joining BGs.
    You're telling me that I should suck it up and continue trying when most of the people in the team with me are either afk-botting or don't know what they're doing? Why should I waste my energy and time on those people? People like you who are narrow minded and think everyone should act and think like you do are among those on my list of people that irritate me.

It's my subscription fee, it's my choice, if I'm not having fun I will leave, good luck convincing me otherwise.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-07-29 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    It's my subscription fee, it's my choice, if I'm not having fun I will leave, good luck convincing me otherwise.
    By all means, leave.
    Let someone else in, who actually enjoys TRYING to win, someone who actually enjoys BGs, AFKing is just pure asshattery.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    By all means, leave.
    Let someone else in, who actually enjoys TRYING to win, someone who actually enjoys BGs, AFKing is just pure asshattery.
    Thank you sir. You forgot to add /thread.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    By all means, leave.
    Thanks, but I don't need your permission.

/afk

I nearly never leave, unless I go /brb for a moment and when I come back I find myself with deserter debuff, while bots or autorunners are still happily stealing honor from other people. Well sometimes I have to log off, or I'm being called for arena, then I'll obviously leave. First thing I hate is bots, second thing are /afk quitters, third thing are whiners, and people that think they are so cool and pro they can insult everyone else, while they are actually of no use, fourth thing are autorunners (don't mistake them with bots :P).

Well, I also leave or try to convince the rest to lose fast if we are sailing for 20+ mins loss, and horde has either 7 healers in AB, or when they are greatly overgearing Alliance, but can't dominate the BG. Or well, at least I can have some fun looking at 6 idiots chasing me through half of AV or entire WSG, because this 1 kill is so valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by setheral View Post
    I find that the people who complain about losing are generally the dumb-asses doing dumb things.
    Insulting ppl when its not even needed its so damn awesome right???

OT: I get pissed off the most when ever im playing AB and ppl dont even bother reporting. I too like to /afk in bg's when i know that my team is doomed for failure and the bg is gona last more than 15 painfull minutes. At really extreme cases i start acting like a moron and i call other ppl noobs lol o.0

By all means, leave.
    That's what I'm talking about.

Bg's are becoming a pain in my ass. Most days I get people who have jsut lvld up new alts and have no clue how to play their class, especially in pvp. So the other team takes advantage of that and camps the gy's. The worst part is, I can usually manage to kill 3-4 of the campers b4 they take me down, or kite them around on my resto druid for 20mins laughing at them, they arent very good, they just never get a chance to do that so they make full use of the time they are given. When it comes to that I usually afk out and go make a PP&J, yummy.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"