Thread: Bio: Xyloth

10+ Year Old Account

Bio: Xyloth

Name: Xyloth

Race: Arcane Construct

Class: Mage

Personality: He has very little emotion if any, and thinks very computerized

Dislikes: People who threaten him

Strengths: Is not really alive, so has no weakness in mortallity

Weaknesses: He can't really feel for people, or feel anything.

Appearance: He looks like a man made from stone, his limbs are connected to each other by arcane energy (Like bolts of power pulling his limbs close, they pull to each other at his knees, his elbows, his feet, and his neck, however the connections between his feet and neck are very close) he is a bit bigger than an average man. His skin is dark grey, and his head is bald, since he can't really grow hair.
    He was chiseled to be a very thin man. He has multiple runes and lines on his body to sustain his connection to arcane powers and simulate a life force, he wears shorts that go down to right above his knees (Or where he should have knees) and a thin jacket. He looks like he has no emotion whatsoever, since his face was crafted to be emotionless.

History: He was a project created by an High Elf Mage to simulate how evolved a person can be with magic without the restaint of addictions and mortality, he implanted a strange crystal in his chest, which constantly stimulates raw arcane power, He was very intricatling made, his hands themselves are multiple rocks held close together by arcane power, infact, most flexable parts of his body are like that.. It was a slow process, he taught him language, spells, and history, by the time the Second war was starting, he had finished Xyloth, but the elf thought that Xyloth would be ok with him being dismantled, Xyloth disagreed with a rocky punch to the face, he then killed him, and went on to see the world, he noticed after the arrival of orcs, the burning legion, and the scourge, that people attack things that seem foreign to him, so, during the Second and Third War, he watched and waited, and learned about people. When the Dark Portal opened, he went there to learn of Outland, and when Northrend became a battlefield, he went there, so he could study more. Now, he is looking for contact with humans

Loyalties: He chooses no side forever, he sides with people who have good goals that he finds logical.
    Last edited by Kromax; 2010-07-30 at 06:36 AM.

As I'm on iPhone I won't check it for you but... According to my knowledge this just doesn't work with lore... Then again check it at http://www.wowwiki.com

I agree. Perhaps I'm tired from 6 hours of furniture construction (damn you, IKEA!), and just now from some rather epic heroic fights in ICC 10, but this guy doesn't make much sense to me.

Perhaps for a second character you could do something less outlandish than a robot

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand why, but think about the Arcane Constructs that Blood Elves used, those are made for brute combat, and are in turn built to be large, he was built to be small and harbor magic.

I can understand how it doesn't seem to make sense, but I thought of it like this, the magic somehow gave birth to a sentient mind, I think I sent the wrong message saying he thought like a computer, he doesn't think like say 10101010101, but he is more in the aim of he doesn't have things affected by emotion.

I know this character is a bit far off, but it doesn't make it impossible.

No, I got what you meant. I'm reading it over and I can see some promise in it, but there's a lot of things I just don't find comfortable about the character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you let me know, I really like the character concept, and if I have to scrap a few parts so he can exist, I'll do it.

well firstly, the fact that he looks like what is essentially an Earthen version of a high elf. It really goes against the general engineering design of Arcane Constructs. I also don't like that he's charged with fel energies. High Elves dispised demonic energies, which is why they alienate themselves from the Blood Elves. The mood ring reference is okay, but.. weird. I also wonder how he traveled from Dalaran, a city in the north, to the southernmost peninsula of the Eastern Kingdoms, through mountains, marshes, and volcanoes, as well as marauding Orcs. I also find how he essentially froze himself through almost three wars a cop-out for writing his history. There's also nothing from recent years in his history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'm gonna take that and do some editing, now that I look back, it was a bit rushed.

---------- Post added 2010-07-29 at 10:01 PM ----------

I did a huge overhaul on the character.