Question Resto vicious circle

Due to the somewhat generous amounts of Justice points available in 5 man dungeons currently, I've managed to gear up my little girly Resto Druid in only a couple of weeks.
    Compared to gearing up my Rogue, farming frosts, which took months, and in the process has created a strange problem.

All my gear is therefore mainly sourced from a vendor using Justice points.
    see eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&cn=Javs"]Armory (still can't post links yet)
    I have two or three things left I can buy.
    The talents were chosen with little understanding (Other than I have an abundance of mana and don't need any more) and any advice of what I should change would be appreciated.

Vendor gearing of course means that the best weapon I can find was lvl232 which is a bit of a pain.
    Any suggestion where I should go to find a good upgrade weapon?

Due to the short gearing up time, I've missed out on the long apprenticeship on how to effectively play the Class which was unavoidable in the days of frost farming.
    So I'm a little like that rich kid who's daddy buys him a Ferrari for passing his driving test.

All dressed up with no place to go as most Raid leaders want to see achiv's and can't believe a well geared player hasn't been in ICC, so subsequently I'm finding it hard to get on a raid. (I guess I could always lie)

I did manage to get into ICC last night with a pretty amateurish pug group.
    We got up to Saurfang before numerous disconnects caused the raids premature end.
    In general I found the healing a lot easier than I ever expected, healing HoR, HoL, PoS seems a lot harder than early boss ICC.
    However the technique seems different, a lot more like plate spinning, keeping hots up and topping off players seemed to be all I had to do.
    The only time I struggled was immediately after a big raid hit where the cast time of the major heals seems to take a long long time, and whilst I saved a Mage, a Rogue and a priest from certain death I didn't have time to get to the DK as by this time the off tank was getting very low.
    I don't like losing people as to me its my measure of success or failure.

What technique do you use to get multiple players back up who are hovering at about 25% health, whilst still keeping your others topped up?

Lastly whilst I beat the other healer by a long way in terms of healing I don't have a measure of what is good or bad.
    Recount gave me an overall figure of 4608 hps, is this good bad or indifferent?

Sorry for the long post
    Cheers

Deleted
    from what I can tell you're trying to hard hehe (which is good btw)

ICC is not really a challenge anymore, altho is bad groups it can be. if you managed to save 3 people and didn't had the time to save a few others than I would say the other healer(s) failed on their end.

to get a decent bit of healing down on several people at ones try swiftmending a melee (and therefore proccing Efflorescence under their feet) Use wild growth and maybe a Rejuv after on people who are in need to extra healing (due to our mastery the Rejuv will get a bonus because you already had WG on them = more healing)

if things go really bad you can either pop ToL and WG nearly the whole group and then fill up with instant RG or LB spam OR you could hit Tranquility, but that has an 8min cd.

enjoy your Druid i'd say!

If you want a better weapon, run some battlegrounds and get the 264 weapons with honor points.

You can buy most of Arena gear even if you do not have the proper rating, requirements seems to be gone from all items. ilvl 277 weapons and shoulders are the only items left with a rating requirement.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51406
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51407

Enjoy!

If your raid is taking a lot of damage at once you should be tossing out your wild growth and efflorescence (rejuv+swiftmend on a target) as much as possible and as soon as possible. Then start tossing out rejuvenations on everyone. Even better is to know what abilities are doing the massive damage and understand when they are about to occur. Then you can start tossing out aoe heals and rejuvs just prior to the incoming damage. All of these are instants so you should never be affected by slow casting of heals.

Moonra - Thanks, you're probably right and thx for the tips.

Vashta - Hmmm that would mean PvP, the only PvP I've ever done is Wintergrasp and I have to say I feel completely out of my depth - it must be my advancing age.

Tektonix - Iwent into the bowels of Dal and had a look but it still requires me to have a rating according to the tool tip.

Maoli - Yes I must work on my Clairvoyance abilities - I still have a Rogue mentality, head down and Nuke.
    Last edited by javelin; 2010-10-21 at 10:31 AM. Reason: can't spell

You're going to love Cataclysm healing when triage actually comes into play again. Heck, I might play my healer again. But anyways, just realize that you can't always save everyone. Sometimes things are beyond your control. Ok, enough life lesson here.

Also, you can buy the pvp gear even though they still say they require a rating. Just not the shoulders or top end (277) weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin View Post
    Moonra - Thanks, you're probably right and thx for the tips.

Vashta - Hmmm that would mean PvP, the only PvP I've ever done is Wintergrasp and I have to say I feel completely out of my depth - it must be my advancing age.

Tektonix - Iwent into the bowels of Dal and had a look but it still requires me to have a rating according to the tool tip.

Maoli - Yes I must work on my Clairvoyance abilities - I still have a Rogue mentality, head down and Nuke.
    You only need like 2k honor points to get that weapons. Doing the daily BG and WG will get you that easy.
    If you dont want to pvp, saurfang 10 drop a really nice weapon:
    wowhead.com/item=50805
    Rotface 25 drop a nice weapon with an AoE heal proc, pretty good for druids:
    wowhead.com/item=50028

PD: Sob, i cant post links either, you will need copy paste them ;(

Quote Originally Posted by javelin View Post
    The tooltip says that you can't but you in fact can, as long as you have the required honor. My understanding is that the tooltips would need to be updated in a minor patch, so they don't bother.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't like losing people as to me its my measure of success or failure."

I'm the same way, which is why people like us make great healers because we're trying our best to keep everyone up.

However

You need to not take it to heart if people die. Sometimes shit happens, and you can't do anything about it. Keep in mind that this is a team effort. You are not the only healer in the raid. For newer healers, it's nice to have clear healing assignments to see if you should be focusing more on the raid or on the tanks. If the tanks are taken care of, then you aren't distracted by their constantly fluctuating health. My bf & I make an awesome team because I work on mainly the tanks while he focuses more on the raid. However, if it's unclear of who you should be focusing on.. it gets sketchy.

Toss out Rejuvs, WG, Swiftmend(mostly in the melee like someone said earlier). I like to toss Regrowth to the tanks too.

Hope this helps
    I am a filthy casual!

Deleted
    You can get some of the required honor points through the dungeons because you get 6 for each boss if your faction owns WG. I know its not much but with with weekly wintergrasp and daily bg it adds up.

People are going to die. It is unavoidable in some situations so don't feel too bad about it.

I know it isn't something you will not like doing, but queue up for WG and some other BGs and practice keeping people alive there. if you can get the hang of that then pve raid healing will be a lot easier. The damage is tons more unpredictable and you have to do a lot more than babysit health bars the whole time. On top of that, if you screw up nobody will care because most people will be glad they got a heal to begin with.

As far as pve/ICC healing goes, keep an eye on your boss mods and prehot when big damage events are going to happen. And it helps to know the fight mechanics from a healing standpoint so you know What is lethal and what isnt such a big deal. Don't be afraid to burn your swiftmend as often as possible. Same goes for nature's swiftness. You have the talent, don't be afraid to use it.

I'd suggest getting a healing mod or at the very minimum mouse over macros. They will greatly speed up your reaction time and help save lives. Whatever you chose to do, master it so you aren't having to remember what keybond does what and all of that.
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-10-21 at 10:56 PM.