Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Races in the Argent Tournament...

How are they going to work exactly?

Are they going to get their own little tent, or are they going to be grouped with their host cities?

(Worgen= SW or Darn)
    (Goblin= Org)

I'm hoping they get their own tent. If only because, I want to see goblins jousting in their buggies!
    Is the answer to the Question...

I'm pretty sure I saw a blue post stating they don't have any plans to add Worgen or Goblins to the Argent Tournament. I'll have a look see if i can find it.

Found it^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...73927&sid=1#16

"The short, simple answer is no. Goblins and worgen will not be represented at the Argent Tournament. "
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2010-08-01 at 03:35 PM.

Blizz said they will not be represented in the Argent tournament

I think i read they would be having them there. And if they do, i'd imagine Kezan/Bilgewater and Gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, unfortunately I also remember that blue post saying there were no plans to add Worgen and Goblins to the Argent Tournament, which is too bad because the Argent Tournament was one of the best ways to grind faction rep.

Well, I guess it's because the war on the Lich King happens before the cataclysm.
    The goblins/worgen weren't a part of the horde/alliance at that time, or a part of The Argent Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    the Argent Tournament was one of the best ways to grind faction rep.
    and I gotta agree with this.
    Hopefully we would get another event/place like this in cataclysm

makes sense really, can't have people saving up those argent rep tokens from the tournament and spending them all on worgen rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

yea and the whole time space deal.
    maybe there will be another way seeing as i doubt we can do there starting chain.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrystal View Post
    Well, I guess it's because the war on the Lich King happens before the cataclysm.
    The goblins/worgen weren't a part of the horde/alliance at that time, or a part of The Argent Crusade.

and I gotta agree with this.
    Hopefully we would get another event/place like this in cataclysm
    Not really because Cataclysm starts when "the terrible was against the Lich King Continues" -Taken from Trailer.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

If you start a new goblin/worgen, I assume normal questing will get your reputation to exalted.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

why would they be? the war in icecrown is over anyway. why bother sending them in.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Theres no point in adding them as what is in the past for the game is in the past. The trailer might have said as the War against the Lich King continues that was done because Wrath wasn't over yet. We know now with all the changes in Azeroth that its impossible that the Lich King died right at the same time Deathwing launched the Cataclysm. Even if the statement was true the Goblins and Worgen joined right at the ending part of the campaign and by the time any of their forces would make it to Icecrown and the Tournament Arthas would be dead and the Tournament over.

Just think about it like this. A new player starts WoW and picks either a goblin or worgen as a main. The player is a mount collector and/or achievement buff.

You need to start with your OWN city in the tournament. If you can't even begin it, thats 14+ less mounts for you not even mentioning all the nice goodies like the pets and the pony.

I was just wondering if they would get their city in the tournament, or if they would be just grouped together with Darn and Org to even be able to do the quest themselves.
    Is the answer to the Question...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    Not really because Cataclysm starts when "the terrible was against the Lich King Continues" -Taken from Trailer.
    No it doesn't -.-

I thought people would get this by now. Watch the trailer agian, and watch closly what that line refers to.

Deleted
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    No it doesn't -.-

I thought people would get this by now. Watch the trailer agian, and watch closly what that line refers to.
    Just watched it again

The exact words are " as the terrible war against the lich king continues." hell it even shows you Arthas, and Tirion in his old gear fighting scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    [/COLOR]

Just watched it again

The exact words are " as the terrible war against the lich king continues." hell it even shows you Arthas, and Tirion in his old gear fighting scourge.

It means that while we are fighting the LK, Deathwing is stiring, it doesnt mean Cataclsym happens with the LK still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    why would they be? the war in icecrown is over anyway. why bother sending them in.
    *cough* goblin/worgen DK *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't be, someone said they'd be added in some future tournament like thing though. Personally i'm hoping for a big tourny grounds for some awesome tourny that is just that, a tourny. Not some preparation for a LK fight but just a normal tourny, for fun. They'd just copy paste all old races and their rewards (Change the epics and argent hippogryph of course) then add the two new races. Tabards should be changed to, and titles. "Of Orgrimmar" should be reserved for people exalted with Orgrimmar alone! Same with the Orgrimmar tabard and Orgrimmar mount. Bring back the old mounts, new titles, and new tabards. Loads of dailies for rep with all the cities would be nice to...

/my2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    How are they going to work exactly?

Are they going to get their own little tent, or are they going to be grouped with their host cities?

(Worgen= SW or Darn)
    (Goblin= Org)

I'm hoping they get their own tent. If only because, I want to see goblins jousting in their buggies!
    Blizzard already stated that they won't be represented in the tournament. Sorry if this has already been said. I will try and find the post and source for you.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by deathmetalzf View Post
    Blizzard already stated that they won't be represented in the tournament. Sorry if this has already been said. I will try and find the post and source for you.
    Second Post.