Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok I'll be the first to admit it, as a male undead I always have the strangest, most uncontrollable urge to be condescending.

Also, it's funny that there is so much hate. A lot players I've known have been Blood Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl View Post
    I agree with this.

The majority of Undead seem to be assholes, and the majority of male BEs seem to be very naive and stupid..

NEs seem to typically be just bad players
    Draenei, Orcs, and Humans seem to be very elitist
    Gnomes, Trolls, and Dwarves seem to be more fun-loving.
    Tauren seem to be the most friendly.
    I cant say much about the alliance, die hard horde.

But i used to be a tauren just because i thought they looks kick ass. Put a Tauren Warrior next to an Undead warrior, which one looks scarier? I'm an orc now though, pet damage, blood fury, and axe spec, do i really need to say more? I'm still just as nice as i was, help people when and wherever i can (more with info, ive always found beggars to be useless).

On a side note, if i were to guess, most player who made humans realized they got stuck with one of the hands down most boring races you could ever select in a fantasy game and are pissed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rager View Post
    stereotyping is not racism, now if people were saying my race is better than theres or i hate that race then yes that is racism.
    I would classify suggesting that one race is more pleasant to be around than another as racism. Virtual racism, but racism nonetheless.

There are too many factors to take into consideration for us to go around generalizing players. I've met detestable and fantastic people of all race/class combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Samdark View Post
    The humorous thing is that this isn't much better than racism.
    How?

Racism is the outright hate of a specific race
    Stereotyping is giving specific traits or qualities to the majority of a certain group, whether they are true or not.

I see lots of stereotyping going on, not so much racism, and they are very different things.

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

I understand where your coming from nevertheless.

How?

Stereotyping is giving specific traits or qualities to the majority of a certain group, whether they are true or not.

I see lots of stereotyping going on, not so much racism, and they are very different things.
    Fun fact guys: these characters aren't real. Racism is viewed as fundamentally wrong because of two reasons

1.Any given race isn't better than another.

2.the victims have no choice in their heritage

We as players have choice in our character race, and the races do not actually exists. So I say, let racism over fictional characters commence! LET ALL THE GNOMES BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.

I've seen good players and bad players from all races.
    Stereotyping has never made any sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    orcs are the annoying tweens. undead are the college jerks. blood elves are the whiners. tauren are loud and obnoxious. and trolls... are fine, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    Blood Elf males are ugly people trying to be the pretty people that picked on them in middle/high school. Blood elf female is a 500lb dude drinking diet coke because it's "better" for him and because he thinks belf girlz are smexy. Paladin regardless of race = scrub, also includes the before mention blood elf stigmas. Undead rogues are 11-16 year old wannabe PvP heroes who listen to terrible metal music while playing badly in PvP, usually have insta-poison on off hand, slow off hand dagger. and don't know what mut prep is or why its good in PvP. And by bad metal I mean disturbed.
    Underlined=maybe
    Italic=not true (most female BEs i hear on vent are girls
    Bold=true, inc flames from pallys in denial
    Red=wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Fun fact guys: these characters aren't real. Racism is viewed as fundamentally wrong because of two reasons

1.Any given race isn't better than another.

2.the victims have no choice in their heritage

We as players have choice in our character race, and the races do not actually exists. So I say, let racism over fictional characters commence! LET ALL THE GNOMES BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN.
    Right, I really don't care if people hate characters in a fictional game, I was just trying to distinguish the two because it seemed like people were mixing them up..

Honestly, I don't really care if people are racist/homophobic/anti-(insert religion here) whatever in real life either, that's their problem. As long as they aren't trying to physically/mentally harm the people..

Die, BEs, die. <3

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

Quote Originally Posted by Drizx View Post
    I've seen good players and bad players from all races.
    Stereotyping has never made any sense to me.
    And yet ... it works. To some degree, anyway. There is a weak but definitely extant correlation between Myers-Briggs personality type and preferred raid role, for example. At any rate, as humans it is our very nature to stereotype—ultimately it's very closely related to how we learn and make sense of the world around us—and while consistently stereotyping isn't much good, failing to ever stereotype anything at all would be Very Bad.

I've been thinking about this. On my baretank, I tend to be helpful but quickly become acerbic when people screw up. On my Pally healer though, I'm always upbeat. My Mage makes me assume the worst of everyone. It's kinda strange.
    Last edited by Direpanda; 2010-07-31 at 04:37 AM.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    Red=wut?
    I think the guy you are quoting is stuck in some parallel universe where BC never ends.

I've mained an undead rogue since vanilla and never set foot in an arena

When I use to play alliance I found humans and male Draenei Shaman to be the rudest. But now I play horde, I don't really find any of them to be rude but If I had to pick one I would probably say Blood elf pally.

I think it's really hard to play a Gnome and take yourself seriously. You have to be fun-loving to have a Gnome main. That doesn't mean you're not annoying or loud. I'm saying this as someone that plays a male Gnome Mage and I probably do grate on a lot of peoples' nerves.
    I heard today that nobody is perfect. Now I'm afraid I don't exist.

How?

So, what would you call a person who says that a person of X race tends have an X personality? I guess it doesn't really matter, semantics and all that.

But we can probably agree that generalizations and the application of stereotypes never have a positive effect in any reality.
    Last edited by Samdark; 2010-07-31 at 04:44 AM.

GUYS quit bashing me! I only went blood elf because I couldn't switch to any other race from Alliance! /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Samdark View Post
    reality.
    Good thing this is wow.

PFF, reality. I hear the monthly fee for that game is ridiculous anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by daisukeDN
    I think it's really hard to play a Gnome and take yourself seriously. You have to be fun-loving to have a Gnome main. That doesn't mean you're not annoying or loud. I'm saying this as someone that plays a male Gnome Mage and I probably do grate on a lot of peoples' nerves.
    GRAAAAGH. Too. CHEARY. Your existence... makes me want to KILL YOU!

*Grabs brick and throws it in random direction*

Er... what were we talking about?

Male Night Elf Warriors tend to be awesome...

>.>

I'm joking, anyway, sweeping generalisation is bad. Theres good and bad people from everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibic View Post
    GUYS quit bashing me! I only went blood elf because I couldn't switch to any other race from Alliance! /cry
    Blizzard's personal attempt at poetic justice in response to you rolling a pally. Now that they've implemented a new resource system that they hope will make pally endgame more than just "Push whatever isn't on cooldown", they added Tauren pallies to ease the no-longer deserved pain.