Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mists of Evil, book I (Private SRP)

It was midnight, the forest trees swayed in the cool breeze as the night bugs chirped. A small, yet built figure, hooded, walked out from behind a bush, carefully looking for any movement. Seeing none, she ran across the small clearing, and dived into another thicket of bushes. A soft bird call was issued, and before long, two other hooded figures appeared, one in the others arm. The one ran across as well. Silently, the group re-arranged themselves in a large tree's hollow, and sat. They set the one figure down, and removed their hoods.

Morzath and Meraena.

The Elf removed her jacket, and sat down, the fabric covering most of her.

The other figure, Morzath, replicated the Elf's action, but put it on the sleeping figure.

Xana.

The two figures began talking, one looking in distress, the other seemingly unwavering.

We can't start a fire, we'll be seen.
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-07-31 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

"I am not one to care. My eyes see all, regardless of light."

Once again, Morzath lifted the leather straps binding his eyes to reveal his unnatural eyes; orbs of yellow flame.

Meraena clenched her fists, batting back the wave of emotions.

What had he become?
    Do I kill him?
    What of the girl?
    Will the master take him?

Hmmm, well, it seems we cannot make the lodge by daybreak, so we'll have to camp, as I originally suggested.

She said, glaring at Morzath.

From there, we will head down to Booty Bay, and discuss with the Shiplord about free passage to Rachet.
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

"Very well. I will have the watch for the evening. I don't require any sleep, after all."

Very well, but we will depart very early tomorrow.
    Best of 5 years!

She slightly smiled, and fell asleep.

~The next morning~

Meraena awoke, her neck aching, and Morzath sitting against a root, looking to the east. She stood, yawned, and picked up her bow.

Care to go hunting?
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-07-31 at 03:31 PM.
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Xana, who had tried to lurk away from Morzath during the night, had easily been spotted and put back. Now that daybreak arrived, the young Draenei was obviously tired, from having sat up all night. "Burh.." Xana said in a low voice, rubbing the underlines of her eyes..
    Turning her head to look at Meraena, Xana's expression was still filled with dislike and distrust. Though, according to Xana's stomach, hunting wasn't such a bad idea. At least, it would be something else than all those never-ending mana biscuits she was feeding herself..

"You know I was never good at hunting. You go get the food, and I will cook them when you return."

Meraena looked at the now woken girl, and asked her:

Hunting?

Looking back to Morzath, she laughed.

You were always the gatherer, but I won't be too long
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Shaking her head slightly, it was clear to indicate a no to Meraena. Though in fact, Xana was meaning something more in the lines of 'Go die in a fire, I'm not comming with you.'

"very well."

after she left, Morzath sat on the ground, meditating. Perhaps it was because of his death, but he did not wholly trust the living, save Xana, not even Meraena...

The Hinterlands was cold in the morning, more so than even Howling Fjord. Meraena jumped onto a rock to scour the landscape. Trees, lakes, bears, and.....ruins.....Troll ruins....

She jumped down, and started heading west, towards Aerie Peak.

((Going skating tonight, be back at oh, say 8:30 ))
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Freezing slightly, Xana crept closer to Morzath, and leaned back into his grasp, warming the both of them. Closing her eyes, it wouldn't be a bad time for a minor nap, would it? Shortly after, Xana's breathing indicated that she had fallen asleep, practically laying in Morzath's robe.

Morzath put a hand on her head. Over the long time he knew Xana, he had changed. Truly she was a godsend. He wasn't worthy of having such an apprentice. After all she went through under him, and in the orhpanage, she deserved better.

She deserved a family.

But he was family, at least he thought she believe such. Still... he was dead. What girl would be proud of a "father" who didn't even have a working digestive system... but...

Would it be possible?

Technically, it could, but it would require a lot of magic, both holy and arcane, to do it.

Contemplating it, Morzath fell into a dream-like state, contemplating the theory, and the future

The Gryphons were about 300 meters away, lazily eating grass, their wings glistening in the dawn sunlight. She crept close, her eyes focusing on one towards the outside; away from the rest.

A perfect breakfast.

((I put the connections together, and our thread is a 91% rip-off of In the Face of Death itself, haha))
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-08-05 at 02:22 AM.
    Best of 5 years!

((Haha, undead dude seeking to become living, moody Elf lady, random cold-sore character.))

She crawled forward, her bow ready. For a second, the bird made eye content, and began to sound an alarm. Meraena jumped, punching the arrow forward. It hit the beast's chest; a clean shot.

The others, seemingly unweary of what had transpired was a good news. No Wildhammer searching for her today.
    Best of 5 years!

((ah but I actually have a theory that I can expand on in the new RP... I just wanted the original idea to have been in this one, so the timeline's correct :d))

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 10:16 AM ----------

((hey Garots... Am I correcting in assuming that you aren't back at the campsite yet?))

Deleted
    Fast asleep, Xana was twitching every few seconds, clearly dreaming of something. Unlike Morzath, her dreams were strange. Right now, due to her hunger, she was dreaming of good traditional Draenei meals. Though, they were changed into conjured food, wich then made Xana angry! Waking up in an instant, the last thought she had in the dream were yelled at Morzath. "NO MORE MAGEFOOD!".. Then realising it had all been a dream, Xana was sitting there, looking quite confused.