Land of Chaos Online(LOCO) English OBT

Pretty interesting looking(F2P) game is begining open beta 8/3/10.
    >Official Forum<

It is supposed to be reminiscent of League of Legends and DoTA.
    Im going to be trying it out. Looks like a great pre-Cata time killer.

btw... SYLVANAS!seems to be moonlighting.

Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-01 at 07:57 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

How the fuck do you pull back a bowstring with a massive fucking claw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

Im not sure but I look forward to finding out.
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Yeah, so far I havent noted very much customization. But that doesnt mean it will be bad. Take a look at the classics like Diablo. Basic character models and like 3 armour models.

I have high hopes if you havent noticed. :P

-Update-
    I have played it and it is bad... very bad.

The combat is slow and boring. There are huge lag issues. Very Limited maps and gameplay.

Do NOT try this game.

Very disappointed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    -Update-
    I have played it and it is bad... very bad.

The combat is slow and boring. There are huge lag issues. Very Limited maps and gameplay.

Do NOT try this game.

Very disappointed.
    I've yet to try it, but keep in mind it's still beta.
    I might check it out regardless though.

On that note http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8232/myphoto.png Digimon?

Edit:

Actually played it, so my opinion might matter a bit more.

I really liked it, didn't have any lag issues.

But, to sum up the game it's LoL with Character development outside of games, and a third person view.

Combat wasn't too bad, but it was easy to accidentally get the other person behind you and it would unlock-on(Which is awesome in a way, it makes fighting take a lot more movement imo, which is nice considering the controls.)

It was relatively fast paced, until the end. My team wiped out their whole base, but after you do that you have to kill the boss of their base...while they are in there too. Awesome idea, not sure if it worked out too well. We were at that point in the game for around 30 minutes as the other team just turtled next to their boss, we eventually just ganked one.(It was 2v2, 3v3 might have been easier)

Overall, I liked it. I'd recommend it to others. It's just different.(The comparison to Diablo is a good one)

Pros:
    -Pretty fun gameplay, Dota or LoL in a 3rd person view
    -Atleast a little bit of customization, which is more than can be said for DotA
    -Free
    -Allows you to change your hero DURING a game.
    -Nice graphics which run well on even bad computers.(I had it on Ultra, my laptop can't even run SC2 on the minimum settings without lag)
    -Kills time when taking breaks from WoW/SC2

Cons:
    -Having to fight a boss at the end leads to turtles, where you only have 1 thing to kill but it takes 20+ minutes.
    -Limited to making 3 characters, with 5 or so 'trials'. I assume you can unlock other permanent slots for new characters due to how it's worded.(It has the characters names on it)
    -Customization is limited.
    -Was confusing to figure out how exactly to see what each ability does, or if you have to select them in a order(It's in a ring, with 2 Ulta on either side. You can only ever get 1 Ulta)

All I can think of atm, I say try it.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-08-14 at 12:21 PM.