Fire mage 2s Partner?

I love my fire mage, and by love i mean I won't play any other spec. I'm just curious, what would go well with a firemage in 2s? For double dps that is. I tried double fire on the PTR, while fun, i doubt it's the best out there. Thanks.

Sig by the talented Brienna <3

Check http://www.arenajunkies.com/

I'll check for you too, and edit later.

[edit] Bad gateway crits for loads.
    On that site you can view the ladders, sort by 2vs2, mage, and scroll down until you see a fire specced mage.
    Last edited by Fuse.core; 2010-08-01 at 04:56 PM.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 70 60 60

Rogue or Disc priest I'd assume. Fire really is terrible for 2s and arena in general. It's pretty fun in battlegrounds and WG though.

Fire/Destrolock seems fun.

destro warlock, only problem is that your comp relies on burst. THis means any comp with a paladin healer or anything that can soak the burst will shred you. Rogues will also shred your warlock.

Fire mage destro lock works. Not as well as frost mage but still semi effective.

we finally got back over 1900 yesterday and had the shit scared out of us by a firemage rogue team rated 1860 - you think your safe then dragons breathe had me (afflic lock/hpala) at 2khp, I got a godly crit holy shock/instant fol combo that *just* saved me, we already bopped but it got stolen, the rogue uses mind numbing to enable him to kick fear (assuming he swapped this in when he saw oursetup).

I think the only thing that saved us was the pala being able to heal with bubble up, he ate the usual sap into sheep but my fel hunter ate one sheep and counterspelled the other (I should have cs'd his fire school really but meh, wanted sacred clensing up).

Whether they were highly skilled, or we lacked experience, we were heavily interupted.

I think you'd wreck priests in this setup due to dragons breathe keeping a priest's partner off you after blind is trinketed.

But unfortunately i'm a mr.sheep mentality - I usually go with the logic of "if its not represented at the top - its not going to be easy"

shadow priest fire is fairly viable

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing Fire aswell, at 2.2k+, Fire Disc atm but Fire/Destro works aswell. If you do it right almost any setup will work

Fire mage seems so misplaced in arena, but i might be wrong, would love to run into one, just to see how "painful" they are
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

I saw a 2400 Resto Druid / Fire Mage team once in twos.

Their threes was MM Hunter / Resto Druid / Fire Mage when I armoried.