Thread: cpu problems

cpu problems

Hi. I have this problem that only shows up when i start up a game (wow,css,cod ect) After about 20-60sec my screen frezes (0-1fps) when this happen my sound goes all crazy also. This happen no-stop as long as am logged on some game(it goes back to normal fps after about 10-20sec of having 0fps). I have been watching my cpu, and every time this happen to spikes up to 100% for as long as my screen is frozen. I did add together the numbers of all the running programs, and all in all it should not use more then around 50-70% of my cpu, but all the graphs are saying that its running at 100%.

Have updated all drivers for MB,graphic card and cpu, but nothing helps.
    Have also checked on my temp on the cpu and its at 50-60 celcius ingame.
    Last edited by Lomppa; 2010-08-02 at 08:32 AM.

Check temp on graphics card also. Sounds like GPU is overheating and hangs the computer. Or it could be ancient/broken graphics drivers causing the crash.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

grapic card runs at 35-45C, and when i try to auto-update the drivers on the advanced option on my card it just tells me that i have the best driver i can get.

I also get offen programs that stops working.

Have scanned the pc with AVG,CClen,S&D,Anti-malware and some other random stuff i could find, but they havent found anything.
    Last edited by Lomppa; 2010-08-02 at 08:29 AM.

That looks like the gpu crashing, and restarting, had a similar problem with excess overcloking of the gpu.
    Unistall your drivers and install new ones, if you are over-clocking try to set the values back to stock.

Did as you said Enola. The problems happen just as offen as before only now i dont have 0-1fps but 2-3fps.

Thx for the tip tho.

Go http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/index.php?Download , download OCCT and try to do the gpu stress test, it should either confirm or rule out a gpu issue.