Is this a decent laptop for wow?

My GF is starting wow but won't buy a desktop because she is also going to be very mobile in the next few years. I was wondering about this laptop for wow, and keeping it at the low-default system specifications(to reduce prices). What sort of fps am i looking at for medium graphics settings or maybe even high?

Here is a link: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

i dont know much about that video card. But that lappy should run wow on normal to high settings just fine.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

If you can spare the extra $100 get an i7 processor. The turbo boost feature they have is very nice for wow.

With the i7 It should run wow pretty well through cata and into the next X-Pac. That said with the i5 it should run wow decently well.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Not to hijack, but I was hoping to get a similar question answered about a laptop I have and whether it would be able to handle WoW (hopefully this is enough info, I'm just pulling what I think is the relevant stuff from dxdiag):

It's a Dell Latitude E6500
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    4096MB RAM
    In the Display 1 section, it says NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M with Approx. Total Memory: 2077 MB

Hopefully this is enough info...I would primarily be leveling and doing the odd 5-man. No raiding or anything in large groups except maybe the odd WSG/AB or whatever. I am also fine with medium graphics settings. The main concern I have is worrying about over-stressing the laptop and causing lasting harm from running it real hot or something.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Not to hijack
    No not hijacking at all. You could have opened your own thread you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    No not hijacking at all. You could have opened your own thread you know.
    Why open yet another "will this laptop run wow" thread when there is one here that already has been answered?

Why open yet another "will this laptop run wow" thread when there is one here that already has been answered?
    So you don't have to Hijack someone else's thread it is rude. Also I don't see his question answered. One person tells him he is unfamiliar with his graphics card then goes on to tell him it will run great. Not sure how you can say that not knowing anything about certain components but w/e. Then someone tells him to upgrade his processor but that the one he choose "should" run wow fine. Basically 2 people who know nothing about the question asked answered with statements that say "Should" which means they have no idea.

Now to answer your question...Yeah it should.
    Does that answer your question? Are you confident in the information you just got?

Calm down, dude.

I am very calm. You are just out of line and wont apologize.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. It's rude to hijack another user's post.
    2. It's difficult to keep comments/troubleshooting on goal when a second user asks questions in the same thread.

OP: sorry for hijacking. I was under the mistaken impression that your issue had been dealt with, but I was wrong. I apologize.

I'll make a new thread for my issue.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2010-08-03 at 01:20 PM.

Don't worry about the whole hijacking thing lol, I just needed some second opinions on this machine considering the price of it. Also i'm not so experienced in computer hardware - especially laptops. Anyways ... thanks for the replies, much appreciated