Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My "F*ck Arena, I'm Gonna Feral BG-PVP Until Cata" Build

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21573075
    my theory was get the highest possible resilience while geming/enchanting for agi or stam (with 5% hit and 1 dps trinket)
    can anyone find any upgrades I might have missed? (cannot have arena rating required, or from some crazy raid I wont be able to get into)

also, I need a spec that is optimal but I can still farm lolroics for badges.

First of all poor choice of thread titles, I would go to arena junkies to get a spec, 0/59/12 is the feral pvp build I believe. As for your dps trinket you would be better off with a battlemaster or wg trinket with resil and use of AP if you want high resil. Although the more I read your op I question if I should even be replying because it seems kinda like a useless thread.

Deleted
    this is my feral pvp spec and gear keep in mind this is in no means perfect but alot of ferals use it ignore the enchant on my weapon it should be bezerking http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...us&cn=Scabbers

hopefully you are horde because there are enough healing classes who dont wanna heal as alliance as it is x.x

Quote Originally Posted by john18761 View Post
    this is my feral pvp spec and gear keep in mind this is in no means perfect but alot of ferals use it ignore the enchant on my weapon it should be bezerking http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...us&cn=Scabbers
    Thank you, the titan-forged spaulders were an upgrade (had to adjust for hit) I forgot to check WG gear

First off, I only do feral BG PvP too.

You're gimping yourself by going overly defensive; I'd change the head/shoulder/wrist/leg enchants into offensive versions (w/o res). You should also change your cloak enchant to shadow armor.

You forgot to spend the last point in your talents. This is the same spec I use and usually I just throw the extra point into protector of the pack.

You should change the blue gems in your hand/waist/legs to 25 spell pen so that your cyclones will always go through with base resists. You currently don't meet the meta requirements, throw a 10 all stats gem in the yellow socket of your chest. I'd also suggest changing that red gem in your weapon to an agi/stam purple gem (to me 14agi/15stam > 20 agi).

I agree with the guy above that yous should use a battlemaster's trinket instead of the scorpion one. Make sure you macro the battlemaster trinket use before survival instincts if you plan to roll it into one button.

I'd change your weapon enchant to berserking or mongoose (I prefer mongoose).

Also, I'm pretty sure Idol of Mutilation is better than that PvP idol.

It looks like one of your professions is leatherworking, make sure you have some drums of panic (a lot of fun and utility, you won't believe how many people trinket the 2 sec fear only to be cycloned). I'm not sure what your other profession is, but engineering is also a lot of fun for feral BG PvP. With drums of panic and engineer bombs, you will have a ranged and melee cc that can be easily followed up by a cyclone to give you time. If you like to fish or got some extra money to spend (they are sometimes hard to find on the AH), having a stack of free action potions can help you run the flag or get out of tight situations.

You might want to first work on getting a better weapon w/o hit if you can, because once you do replace that weapon hit you'll have to review your entire set to make sure you have 5%. The relentless ring, 'of Victory' neck, and 'of Victory' cloak is the perfect amount of hit (just over 5%, 5.18%).
    Last edited by Woogs; 2010-08-03 at 01:59 AM. Reason: clarity

15+ Year Old Account
    Remember; Agility >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AP in terms of value, so I'd probably switch out one of the rings for an emblem-obtained pve ring... And yeah, definetly get rid of that idol - basically any of the emblem idols is a good upgrade over that thing ^^

If you REALLY dont want to lose any resilience you can ofcourse wait untill you've saved up enough arena points for one of the Relentless Gladiator items to compensate - assuming you do save up the 25 arena points obtained through winning a random BG daily ^^

Another option is to 75 spell pen on 2 slots + cloak enchant. For cyclones/rotts. Nature's grasp, or even worst an instant cast cyclone being resisted could mean life or death.

Edit: Oopps, maybe not for BG's though. I still use cyclones on bgs though.

ok I think I've perfected my build thanks to your help

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21573075

if you know of a weapon that doesn't require raiding/arena/10k gold (battered hilt) please tell, thats the best I could find

First Icc is so easy it's not even funny, So is getting 1800 with a rogue or priest. For bgs you don't even need that much pvp gear unless you want to flag run in wsg or something. Why are you gemming spell pen if you say F arena? You just need to stop being lazy and go raid or do some 2s. Ashen band is 10x better then relent ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
    Why are you gemming spell pen if you say F arena?
    Because a missed cyclone causing an arena match loss and a missed cyclone causing me to lose a 1v2 for aid station is the same to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting as high as possible resi is a waste even for arena. You're fine when sitting at 1k+. Gemming Stam is ALWAYS a bad idea, and ESPECIALLY in BG's. Gemming SpellPen for BG's isn't really worth it either (imo) but it's acceptable to have 75 SpellPen.

PvP Rings, Neck and Cloak are all pretty much worth shit and if you're able to get any Ilvl 251+ PvE replacements in those slots, don't hesitate on using them. Same goes for 1 part of your set though the difference here isn't as big as they got Agi, unlike the Ring/Neck/Cloak slots.

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    if you know of a weapon that doesn't require raiding/arena/10k gold (battered hilt) please tell, thats the best I could find
    Yup, that looks like the best you can get. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't arena or raid. You should join pugs for Onyxia 25 or ToC 25 to try and get your hands on a 245 weapon. I was able to get lupin longstaff that way. Or you could start doing mass BGs and start selling cardinal rubys and save up for a battered hilt. That's what I'm working on.

Gemming Stam is ALWAYS a bad idea, and ESPECIALLY in BG's.
    Are you talking about my suggestion about using a purple gem to get 14agi/15stam vs 20agi? If so, you really think 20 agi is better in any PvP situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Getting as high as possible resi is a waste even for arena. You're fine when sitting at 1k+. Gemming Stam is ALWAYS a bad idea, and ESPECIALLY in BG's. Gemming SpellPen for BG's isn't really worth it either (imo) but it's acceptable to have 75 SpellPen.

PvP Rings, Neck and Cloak are all pretty much worth shit and if you're able to get any Ilvl 251+ PvE replacements in those slots, don't hesitate on using them. Same goes for 1 part of your set though the difference here isn't as big as they got Agi, unlike the Ring/Neck/Cloak slots.
    You can only reach 1k resil by using pvp rings neck cloak, plus the set. My build only has 1054ish resil and has all pvp items except weapon. So I don't really see how what you're suggesting is possible.

If you want to roll in bgs in a low resil mixed pve set that's cool but I'd rather have a chance at survival against the better geared opponents.

Relentless set pieces do not require rating, just 10 games a week for points, so you may want to include those. You should also use the resil enchants from WG on your helm and shoulders since you said resil was your focus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    Are you talking about my suggestion about using a purple gem to get 14agi/15stam vs 20agi? If so, you really think 20 agi is better in any PvP situation?
    Where did you get 14 agi 15 stam gems? I might be overlooking something but I'm pretty sure it's 10/15.

Quote Originally Posted by awebz View Post
    You can only reach 1k resil by using pvp rings neck cloak, plus the set. My build only has 1054ish resil and has all pvp items except weapon. So I don't really see how what you're suggesting is possible.

If you want to roll in bgs in a low resil mixed pve set that's cool but I'd rather have a chance at survival against the better geared opponents.
    You don't need the entire list of PvP items to reach 1k resi at all..

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&cn=Lashed.

That's my armory. I'm sitting at 1075 with PvE shoulders, cloak and 2 rings. Yes, I got the weapon, but even without it I would be sitting at 967 which is kinda more then enough if you're planning on BG'ing only. (And you can still choose to equip PvP shoulders at this point, easily getting you at 1k+). I'm not even fully Wrathful geared, so 1k resi without crappy PvP rings/neck/cloak is very doable.

The loss of Agi when taking PvP rings/neck/cloak is just so big and compared to the resi/stam you'll "loose" it's 100% worth it. Let's take a look at my example (with half-decent PvE rings and a PvE cloak I gain: )

+272 Agi. The 6% bonus from Survival of the Fittest brings this at ~288 Agi which results in ~4,61% crit and 288 AP. Now, 10% extra AP is added trough Heart of the Wild and this brings the AP on a total of ~317. Also, let's not forget about the extra SP this gives you for your heals. 70% of 288 Agi = 201 SP. That's not just a tiny bonus you get there either.

+10 Str, +6% = 10,6. 10,6 str = ~21,2 AP +10% = ~23 AP.
    +10 Int. Yay, not going into detail here for obvious reasons.
    +10 Spi. Read the above.
    +105 ArP (7,5% Armor Penetration)
    +45 Haste (1,37% Haste)
    +17 Hit (0,52% Hit)

You can obviously still gem in an other way if you'd like, but you'll still have 2 extra sockets to put a gem in.

With the PvP cloak/rings equiped I gain:

+140 Stam. 6% bonus again = ~148 stam. (And yes, an additional ~15 stam when you switch to BearForm, woot.)
    +170 Resi (1,8% Resillience)
    +163 AP. +10% = 179 AP.
    +3 Crit (0,07%)

In the end, the 179 AP will get overlapped by the 317 AP you get from the PvE stuff trough Agi/Str, and the 0,07% Crit will get overlapped by the 4,61% Crit you get from the PvE stuff trough Agi. Now we're about to make our final decission:

148 stam (163 while in Bear) + 170 Resi

VS.

138 AP + 4,54% Crit + 7,5% ArP + 1,37% Haste + 17 hit +201 SP. (And don't forget the 2 extra sockets!)

I'm already sitting at 28,047 Health (Catform) and 1075 Resi without the 148 stam/170 resi from the 3 PvP items. Also, and I will say it again: this is with half-decent PvE rings. For me the choice is really simple, and I would instantly go for the few PvE pieces without a doubt. (NO, you don't need 29,4k HP and 1245 Resi. If you got those stats, you're really overdoing it or you're just totally bad at surviving.)

Hope I didn't forget anything, it's late you know.

Where did you get 14 agi 15 stam gems? I might be overlooking something but I'm pretty sure it's 10/15.
    The socket I was talking about is in the weapon. It is a blue socket with a 4agi socket bonus. 14agi/15stam vs 20agi.

That's my armory. I'm sitting at 1075 with PvE shoulders, cloak and 2 rings. Yes, I got the weapon, but even without it I would be sitting at 967 which is kinda more then enough if you're planning on BG'ing only. (And you can still choose to equip PvP shoulders at this point, easily getting you at 1k+). I'm not even fully Wrathful geared, so 1k resi without crappy PvP rings/neck/cloak is very doable.
    You have 4 pieces of wrathful. If you downgrade that to furious, you are sitting at 827 res which isn't that great.

I don't think you're looking at the situation from the OPs perspective. He's looking for the best battleground only PvP set. He wants to take battlegrounds seriously (spell pen). He doesn't have access to raid gear, arena gear, and doesn't want to buy gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    You have 4 pieces of wrathful. If you downgrade that to furious, you are sitting at 827 res which isn't that great.

I don't think you're looking at the situation from the OPs perspective. He's looking for the best battleground only PvP set. He wants to take battlegrounds seriously (spell pen). He doesn't have access to raid gear, arena gear, and doesn't want to buy gear.
    I got 3, and a PvE part. Also, legs and gloves can be obtained trough Voa, and Relentless is just so easy to obtain that it's not even funny. Furious is shitgear, even for BG's only, and since others are so easy obtainable while not doing Arena I don't see the point in not getting them..?

Also, the point was that PvE rings/cloak/neck are totally worth it because the PvP ones are complete shit.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-08-05 at 11:15 AM.

THis is the highest skillcap spec : 00/58/13

And as a feral, you should go full resi and be at at least 1100 before gearing pve.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 2010-08-05 at 01:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    And as a feral, you should go full resi and be at at least 1100 before gearing pve.
    Quite a big percentage of the highrated Feral Druids are actually wearing <1k resi. There's not an actual number you really "need" in order to do well, and especially for BG's, you don't need THAT much.

EDIT: Your link doesn't work either.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-08-05 at 09:48 PM.