Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

cataclysm new rare spawn?

I can't find this rare anywhere on the net. Occulus was a bronze dragon http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8196.

I killed him as a corrupt infinite just a few mins ago in the same location as the his current spawn location.

Is this old news or a cataclysm change?

WoWhead

Last edited by sapiorion; 2010-09-30 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added link to wow head.

if he's not already on teh webz0rz somewhere, then i guess so.

Deleted
    Whether it's old or not I don't know, but at least it's not a glitch since his name has been changed too...

seems he is a new cataclysm mob, but its strange. if hes occulus the bronze drake (the one who was there before) then that brings alot to the new infinite / bronze storyline.. intresting ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, looks a bit weird though, at least the movement animation. It needs to be slowed down a little so it doesn't look like someone with parkinsons.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thatis indeed new.

Good find.

Last time i killed him on live he was indeed a Bronze Drake
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

if i recall right, blizzard has stated that rae mobs/chests will be revamped to make them more useful.

chest will become much more rare, but will grant better rewards, probably will be the same thing with rare mobs (like in northrend, which every rare givesa blue, 20-ish gold and xp like a completed quest)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Awesome to see "old" zone rares still drop awesome loot! Gotta get me some of that "of the gorilla"!

lol, I so hope blizzard makes rares drop decent gear... all rares. Or at least outland/northrend type rares, where it is a random blue at least. Always pains me when i see a rare in the old world for the first time in 5 years, then kill it and get a "of the wolf" item thats 10 lvls below the mob's lvl.

Deleted
    First he was a bronze, now he is a infinite drake.

Guess what ...

Seems that the rumours are true then. The Infinite dragonflight ARE the bronze dragonflight.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Infinite_dragonflight

This I feel could get very interesting.

Next = Nozdormu?

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Next = Nozdormu?
    The speculation is that this corruption is Nozdormu's doing. He a apologises for his future actions. This is most likely what he was talking about.

Considering they have the same name, and Occulus is nowhere to be found in Cataclysm, it's safe to assume that Occulus has been corrupted into the corrupted.

Nice find nontheless.

Wowhead

Deleted
    That is indeed very interesting :P I hope they put some cool story with the Bronze / Infite Dragonflights in Cataclysm

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I killed a rare bird on my 11 human rogue in beta and it dropped a friggin level 21 blue dagger with agi/stam/hit
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

oh man, nozdormu's been missing for years..

infinite dragonflight appear out of nowhere..

he mysteriously appears when the infinite leader is summoned (through a quest chain in dragonblight)..

and now this..

the plot thickens..

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion View Post
    Seems that the rumours are true then. The Infinite dragonflight ARE the bronze dragonflight.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Infinite_dragonflight

This I feel could get very interesting.
    We know since Culling of Stratholme that they can corrupt dragons into becoming infinite dragons. We just don't know if they can only do this with bronze or if they could do this with green, red, blue and so on too. I mean they just happen to only meet bronze dragons. So for me this is still not set in stone :P I would like a plot twist here that goes along "not expected at all".

Also did nobody see the little reference in his yell?
    "You will never defeate the Oc(c)ulus"
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

Also did nobody see the little reference in his yell?
    "You will never defeate the Oc(c)ulus pre-nerf you noobs"
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Did he say "make your time?"
    Yeh "make your time, mortals."

That really made my head hurt.