47" but resolution won't fit into screen

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....50476364&sid=1

Posted this in the Wow-forums a few days ago and i think we have come to a solution on my problem.
    But i just want someone to double-check since i am not that much of a technical person myself!

I will quote the first post:
    Hey there.
    So i recently got my 47" tv and hooked it up with my pc, and everything looks ok until i start wow.
    Then i lose about 2-3 centimeters of the right side of my game window and the left side gains 2-3.
    It's like someone moved the window just a few centimeters to the right "like in windowed mode" but since i am running in full-screen mode that is not the problem.

As i said when i am looking at my desktop or playing another game the screen is where it's supposed to be and no sides or edges are "pushed" off my tv.

Any help is appreciated !

/TT

How did you hook the TV into PC? VGA? DVI? HDMI? Sounds like you're running the computer on wrong resolution (DVI/HDMI) or there is a slight sync issue with VGA.

edit:

Right, I bothered to read the thread you linked into. Your problem is VGA cable not syncing right to the TV. Old analog VGA monitors hard all kinds of knobs and buttons to fix the sync errors like the misplaced picture you're seeing. You might find the settings from your TV somewhere, or you might not.

You'll fix all your problems and get 10x better picture quality if you hook the TV into your PC with DVI-HDMI cable. Your PC should detect the TV automagically as 1920x1080 monitor and you can pick that resolution from Windows as well as any DirectX games.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-08-03 at 12:13 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    How did you hook the TV into PC? VGA? DVI? HDMI? Sounds like you're running the computer on wrong resolution (DVI/HDMI) or there is a slight sync issue with VGA.

edit:

Right, I bothered to read the thread you linked into. Your problem is VGA cable not syncing right to the TV. Old analog VGA monitors hard all kinds of knobs and buttons to fix the sync errors like the misplaced picture you're seeing. You might find the settings from your TV somewhere, or you might not.

You'll fix all your problems and get 10x better picture quality if you hook the TV into your PC with DVI-HDMI cable. Your PC should detect the TV automagically as 1920x1080 monitor and you can pick that resolution from Windows as well as any DirectX games.
    I went to the store just minutes ago and bought the DVI-HDMI cable but i am still loosing about an inch on all edges :S

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    I went to the store just minutes ago and bought the DVI-HDMI cable but i am still loosing about an inch on all edges :S
    Try to find setting for "overscan" from either graphics card drivers or the TV and turn that off.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Problem solved thanks to HDMI cable.
    It opened up the option "Fullscreen" in the TV menu when my earlier cable only had 16:9 and 4:3 as available options.