Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Second wind vs piercing howl

As a person that love to do pvp with my prot warrior im a bit undicised betwen getting second wind from the 2 tier on arms tree for more survability or piercing howl from tier 2 in the fury tree for more control, specialy to be able to slow down ppl when in prot stance (it works very well agains meles).

What do you guys would chose and why?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I think you should really think about what you want to do in PVP then the way should be clear.

That being said I personally feel that the prot tree offers enough survivability and piercing howl fills a gap that prot currently doesn't have which is a defensive stance snare.

You don't need piercing howl if you know how to play. Second wind would be my choice it will make you completely invulnerable to rogues and it would help against mages since the WB nerf.

Bind battle stance and hamstring.
    Second Wind + Field Dressing > Piercing Howl + Blood Craze.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
    I like prot pvp, not to kill things but to survive things. This being said i only gp bg´s dont do arena with warrior, and what i like is to control a healer or to pell ppl from ours healers, and to do this piercing howl is realy useful, however second wind is usefull when defending bases, delaying flag carrie or even carry the flag and is also a bit more survabilite something that i really like.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    Bind battle stance and hamstring.
    Second Wind + Field Dressing > Piercing Howl + Blood Craze.
    Why not just do something along the lines of this?

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=TKHfYlv0.9r8.warrior

Replace Prot talents as you see fit. War academy is there to open up Second win, obviously.

Edit: I meant Second Wind, but I figure it might as well be a second win. Protpvp returns, yo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally blew my shit up when I saw prot could get second wind, almost cried when they took it away 3 builds ago.

BUT NOW ITS BACK BITCHES, ALLY NERDS GONNA GET BASHED IN THE STREETS

Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    As a person that love to do pvp with my prot warrior im a bit undicised betwen getting second wind from the 2 tier on arms tree for more survability or piercing howl from tier 2 in the fury tree for more control, specialy to be able to slow down ppl when in prot stance (it works very well agains meles).

What do you guys would chose and why?
    This is the point to these new trees! Right here! Choices actually need to be made this time around. Not the same cookie cutter spec that everyone plays(I know this is less common in PvP, but there are still really only 3-4 variations of the same spec). Depends on composition and playstyle and skill level. Pick what you prefer.

Deleted
    Sorry about this but "Second wind"... LOL! I think someone got trolled!