Thread: World PvP gone?

World PvP gone?

With the addition of flying mounts to the last place you could not use them, does anyone else see the death of world PvP completely? As it stands on my server right now, people are deathly afraid of PvP outside of battlegrounds and will fly up into the sky at the first sight of an enemy faction player. The only possible way to do some decent world PvP is to go to an Alliance city with some friends, which 99% of the time ends up a zerg of 10-20 angry Alliance corpse camping until you decide to log off.

This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone have any good plans for world PvP in Cataclysm or know of any blue posts regarding it?

World PvP is not really something I stay up nights worrying about preserving. It's generally one-sided and involves a lot of camping. It's not a very pure form of PvP, compared to say BGs or Arenas, which aren't always even but at least have some sort of system implemented to STRIVE for equality.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

World PvP pretty much died when battle grounds were implemented in vanilla.... nowadays you'll generally see horde dominated servers that regular raid alliance cities... but that's about it. I say just let it die already.

Less people killing quest mobs in a certain area for no real apparent reason or constantly camping an enemy occupied zone when their faction dominates the server? Yeah, doesn't sound too bad.

world pvp is dead and its going to stay like that till campers quit wow

Quote Originally Posted by Elanale View Post
    World PvP is not really something I stay up nights worrying about preserving. It's generally one-sided and involves a lot of camping. It's not a very pure form of PvP, compared to say BGs or Arenas, which aren't always even but at least have some sort of system implemented to STRIVE for equality.
    For me, world PvP has always been my "final goal". Getting high arena ratings to get better PvP gear so that me and my friends can survive longer against the hordes of angry Alliance players storming us (all the way up until the inevitable zerg of 20 vs. the 3 of us when they start emoting /rofl /spit and of course whatever "makes some strange gestures" is). There is just something so satisfying to me when me and two of my buddies can take out five or six Alliance in uneven battle.

Quote Originally Posted by micvampir View Post
    world pvp is dead and its going to stay like that till campers quit wow
    god i hope. im on a pve server but still hate assholes like that.

Rogues and Feral camping ppl tryin to exp or quest, this is the World PvP u're talking about.
    I would hope it is gone, fact is, morons are here to stay, no flyin mounts can stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Rogues and Feral camping ppl tryin to exp or quest, this is the World PvP u're talking about.
    I would hope it is gone, fact is, morons are here to stay, no flyin mounts can stop them.
    This is not what I am talking about at all, I don't kill anyone that is not level 80 (unless they try to assist level 80s, like a level 30 warlock fear spamming) but there will always be players like that. If what they like about the game is to kill weak unsuspecting players from the shadows then they should be able to. If you don't like the risk of getting killed while questing, why play on PvP server?

i dont have any problem getting killed doing a quest its just when they make it so i cant quest for a half hour

I had a lot of fun when Isle of Quelthalas was around...

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll View Post
    I had a lot of fun when Isle of Quelthalas was around...
    Isle of Quelthalas was brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanale View Post
    Oh, alright. You heard it folks, Elanale don't like world pvp so it should die.

Any hope you'll reconsider, oh mighty Elanale ?
    Last edited by mmoccd8864141d; 2010-08-04 at 10:02 AM. Reason: lol quoting wrong post

I'm hoping Tol Borad has at least as many dailies as IQD did, so that pvp happens there pretty much all the time. It'd be nice if they also added some 'always on' world pvp objectives at Tol Borad in addition to the timed WG-style big battle that happens.

On my server, world pvp is pretty much gone, completely.
    And it's sad, world pvp has a certain edge that "planned pvp" doesn't.
    Even if you go out looking for world pvp, you can't find it.
    Hellfire, stv, even northrend. But now with the upcoming flying changes,
    If they limit it then it's going to be eh, but if their is going to
    be no limit that they put on where and when you can jump someone,
    it's going to be plain out annoying.
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I have with world pvp is that now a days a person in Res gear who has no intentions of doing dailys, will just fly around the zone, pick someone who is already attacking mobs, and will gank them. Res killed world pvp in my eyes.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    The only issue I have with world pvp is that now a days a person in Res gear who has no intentions of doing dailys, will just fly around the zone, pick someone who is already attacking mobs, and will gank them. Res killed world pvp in my eyes.
    Res gear is easy to obtain. If you play on pvp servers you should be expected to spend a little time to get pvp gear so you are suitably equipped to defend yourself while doing dailies.
    Without resiilence, PvEers were advantaged in PvP over people who wanted to focus on pvp and didn't care about PvE, which is ridiculous.