Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Pleeaassee Blizz, show Ironforge some love.

Really, YOU HAVE TO REMAKE IRONFORGE! not drastically like completely remodeling it. I mean Ironforge is a city located DIRECTLY ON A ACTIVE VOLCANO! And a massive earth quake(that occurred at the center of the ocean) that caused landlocked to be broken does not affect this non-landlocked area... Did I mention the volcano its underground even has a spot with lava flowing out in it....

Just thought I would share, and how should it be remodeled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knarg View Post
    A race of cursed wolfmen that have only just gotten their baser nature under control sound nearly as dangerous to their allies as to their enemies.

Kind of like a race of deranged, munitions-stockpiling green midgets.

Why, it's almost as if Blizzard planned it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Magni Bronzeberd sacrificed himself to the spirits/elements to keep Ironforge safe from the oncoming cataclysm.

This is also why Ironforge now has a council instead of a King.

15+ Year Old Account
    how does this council affect the for the horde achievement btw, are we now required to kill the council or just 1 of them?

You kill Muradin I think

He sacraficed himself? OK! that's epic but it could still do for a polish being the most popular alliance city...
    A race of cursed wolfmen that have only just gotten their baser nature under control sound nearly as dangerous to their allies as to their enemies.

Kind of like a race of deranged, munitions-stockpiling green midgets.

Why, it's almost as if Blizzard planned it...

Ironforge is not on an active volcano. It's not even an inactive volcano. It's man(well dwarf) made.

And what would you want to change in it?

Personally I love it's look and think it's the best designed city in the game. Heck it's the only one I have never gotten lost in. The only thing I would like to see is the opening of old ironforge.

Blizzard looks at these forums? This is new :P

Yeah, it's only beta, just wait. We will see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggis25 View Post
    Ironforge is not on an active volcano. It's not even an inactive volcano. It's man(well dwarf) made.

Personally I love it's look and think it's the best designed city in the game. Heck it's the only one I have never gotten lost in. The only thing I would like to see is the opening of old ironforge.
    Well for starters the ycould open up Old Ironforge to the Live realms and have access to the Ironforge Airstrip to the north of it.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I'm confused... It sounds like you are trying to address Blizzard representatives directly through these forums. You know, even if they do read these, it would be easier to get them to see it on the suggestions forums on the official website.

But... I would like to see Ironforge get some love, maybe open Old Ironforge (which early beta showed might be possible, since it got retextured to updated graphics, possible hint that they are working on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Swords&scales13 View Post
    You kill Muradin I think

He sacraficed himself? OK! that's epic but it could still do for a polish being the most popular alliance city...
    Arthas couldnt kill Muradin, what makes you think 40ish horde can

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish Magni didn't sacrifice himself for Ironforge... him and Mekk were the only two alliance leaders i liked

Arthas couldnt kill Muradin, what makes you think 40ish horde can
    I'm fairly sure I heard it only took 25 Horde to kill Arthas....

pretty sure they're opening up old ironforge, they already improved the textures + stoneform magni will be down there

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    Well for starters the ycould open up Old Ironforge to the Live realms and have access to the Ironforge Airstrip to the north of it.
    I believe the airstrip is a new questing area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the airstrip is a new questing area.
    then i am pleased Ironforge is now complete

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Correct. If it were an active volcano it would posses some sort of caldera on the top of the mountian, which is completely absent. It also probably wouldn't possess a massive Dwarven city since no one who isn't lava-proof and enjoys living (and Dwarves are not lava-proof and seem to considerably enjoy living) would even consider building a city inside an actual volcano.

The only reason the Dark Irons built Blackrock Depths inside a volcano was because they were also servants of Ragnoros, who probably protected them from the worst of the volcano which he caused in the first place.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

updated textures is all it needs imo, like sw's new textures

the best memories are left destroyed and in ruins... i'm actually quite disappointed that nun of the capital city's where destroyed.

Stormwind had a bit of damage but i had hoped it to be the degree of the concept art with death wing on top of ruins.

i think Iron forge ca lapsing leading the stormwind tram to a disaster zone would have been nice.

hopefully by the end of cataclysm 1-2 years after launch we see some more damage..

i would actually really like to see the final battle against death wing to happen in a phased main city environment... iron forge would do nicely.

i hope they are considering some thing like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Correct. If it were an active volcano it would posses some sort of caldera on the top of the mountian, which is completely absent. It also probably wouldn't possess a massive Dwarven city since no one who isn't lava-proof and enjoys living (and Dwarves are not lava-proof and seem to considerably enjoy living) would even consider building a city inside an actual volcano.

The only reason the Dark Irons built Blackrock Depths inside a volcano was because they were also servants of Ragnoros, who probably protected them from the worst of the volcano which he caused in the first place.
    As long as we're going to be sticklers for realism we may as well drop the mountain down on top of Ironforge, because caverns that big would have the mountain drop down on top of them in no time. Oh, and disregard the lava that's all over the place in IF.

Anyway. To address the OP. I wouldn't expect to see too many changes in what's arguably the best designed and most well traveled city in the entire game. If it's not broke, etc. Still, I have heard there are plans to open Old Ironforge, so dwarves will be getting something (besides finally kicking the gnomes out. That's gotta feel good, amirite? )

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm fairly sure I heard it only took 25 Horde to kill Arthas....
    We didn't kill arthas. That was just game mechanics. Lorewise, Tirion killed Arthas.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    the best memories are left destroyed and in ruins... i'm actually quite disappointed that nun of the capital city's where destroyed.

Stormwind had a bit of damage but i had hoped it to be the degree of the concept art with death wing on top of ruins.

i think Iron forge ca lapsing leading the stormwind tram to a disaster zone would have been nice.

hopefully by the end of cataclysm 1-2 years after launch we see some more damage..

i would actually really like to see the final battle against death wing to happen in a phased main city environment... iron forge would do nicely.

i hope they are considering some thing like this.
    The reason it would of been a very bad idea to destroy Ironforge is that it's a popular well-designed city. Plus given that no new cities are being created, destroying a city would mean the total number of cities in WoW would of actually gone down.

So while it probably would be a neat idea to drive home the idea of Cataclysm by leveling a city, in the end the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

Although I could see the final Deathwing battle happening in/near one of the major cities, I couldn't see the result of that battle doing too much actual damage.

---------- Post added 2010-08-02 at 10:18 PM ----------

As long as we're going to be sticklers for realism we may as well drop the mountain down on top of Ironforge, because caverns that big would have the mountain drop down on top of them in no time. Oh, and disregard the lava that's all over the place in IF.

Anyway. To address the OP. I wouldn't expect to see too many changes in what's arguably the best designed and most well traveled city in the entire game. If it's not broke, etc. Still, I have heard there are plans to open Old Ironforge, so dwarves will be getting something (besides finally kicking the gnomes out. That's gotta feel good, amirite? )
    The lava in Ironforge is likely the result of the Great Forge.

Anyways I'm pretty sure an NPC or a bit of lore somewhere would of stated in no uncertain terms that Ironforge is inside a volcano as opposed to a simple mountain. Until such a reference is revealed, I will remain convinced it is not a volcano.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.