10+ Year Old Account

Is Diablo worth it?

After getting rather tired of WoW I've been looking for some other games to play, out of all of them I think the Diablo franchise looks the best (and I don't want to argue this so don't bother suggesting better titles because I won't care).

I've done some looking around and I noticed the battle chest which contains Diablo, Diablo 2 and its expansion going for about $60. My other option is to start a Refer a Friend account and insta-level characters to 60 for three months and get the Touring Rocket too.

So my question to you is if the battle chest is worth the money nowadays.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Diablo 2 is a great game. Everyone should have it.
    Former God of Uther server and the best WoW player ever.
    Techbot says: Techbot is sensitive and those words hurt my ears. :[ Please be nice to me. I just want to help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, really.

I personally wouldn't play it anymore since most my friends who played it quit =\

And it has TONS of Bots these days.

But it IS a great game.

10+ Year Old Account
    But there is a single player mode right? (I'm playing for the story mostly so I can get the full experience from Diablo 3)
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    But there is a single player mode right? (I'm playing for the story mostly so I can get the full experience from Diablo 3)
    there isnt really much story going on, but its still an ok game

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheCherriesLover View Post
    /facepalm

Deleted
    Uh... the story is the only thing that made me play Diablo II, because hack-and-slash games usually bores me.

I say it's worth it too. I still play them on occasion when I get too bored of wow, Tho SC2 is taking up more of my "bored" wow time. lol
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would look around, $60 for the battle chest is too pricey. I have seen the Warcraft III, StarCraft, and WoW battlechests go for $29.99 at places like Fry's or Best Buy

Depends, Diablo 2 gets really mundane after you beat in on Hell, after that it's just experience grinding and trying to pick up gear that drops in pug's before other people grab it. But some people love that and still play it today, it's a matter of taste.

Fuck the multiplayer, do the singler player. BUY THAT FUCKING CHEST!!!
    It really is a great series, but get used to potion spam.

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 05:04 PM ----------

.......................................................................................... .......................................................................................... ............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Uh... the story is the only thing that made me play Diablo II, because hack-and-slash games usually bores me.
    i found it lacking story wise compared to other blizzard games
    its still alright though

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I got the chest and it's pretty fun (When I think about it I have no idea why, I mean all I'm doing is hitting skeletons with a mace).

I rolled a Paladin and have so far spent all my points in Smite, it's pretty fun just spamming one ability and killing something that would have two shot me.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I really like the mood in Diablo 1. The music and the atmosphere is great. It's the first game that actually got me scared from playing late at night. Diablo II had some more variation in the environment and better gameplay, but not as creepy atmosphere as the first game.

Get Torchlight. It's WAY better in my opinion. Plus you can mod it. They already got some really awesome mods for it. No multiplayer unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Get Torchlight. It's WAY better in my opinion. Plus you can mod it. They already got some really awesome mods for it. No multiplayer unfortunately...
    Torchlight got crappy story though. It's just hack'n'slash without motivation.

Deleted
    Have you even played Diablo?

And yes it is worth it.

D2 was fun.. too many hacks for it.

orig diablo was awesome though.. if my disc still worked, i'd play that all day!! :P

I am a big fan of Diablo. In my opinion, it was one of the best games ever created. With the official release date is scheduled for December 31 August 2010 for which there was no advertising for it? I fear that Diablo 3 will be a pushover game that the third week in. I have seen no advertising and nothing new about the game have been released. What are you opinions?